1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ocasio-Cortez tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 26, 2018.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I would agree with this. It's time we got out of there.

And, we do send too much money to Israel. Are they an independent country or the 51st state?

If the Middle east is gonna nuke itself and/or gas its "own people", then we need to let nature take its course....

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

She has been dog whistling for while now

She has suggested that Jews have hypnotized the world which is an old anti-semitic conspiracy that the Jews control global power.

She has insinuated that support for Israel is backed by money which is an old anti-semitic stereotype about Jews and money.

She also made the comment about American supporters of in Israel are only loyal to Israel.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Post the exact quotes.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This one is the funniest. All lobbying is backed by money. Money makes the whole world go round.

Nook likes this.
  6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Here you go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Agree with most of what you said. And I don't know if Middle East would nuke itself or not, but why can't we let an international body like the UN handle something like it? Every civilized country should dedicate a small force to the UN and this is what the world has at its disposal to prevent genocide, regional conflict, etc.

I know easier said the done, but it shouldn't be our job to police the fn world.

BruceAndre likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... I haven't seen that many pictures of AOC... she is attractive.

BruceAndre likes this.
  9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Physically, yes.

Philosophically...……..

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yikes. Low standards

mick fry likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Backed down from what? Kicking Omar out of Congress because the Republicans and Foxnews said so?

The dumbest mistake Pelosi can make is start caring what the Trumplicans think they should do. Condemning all hate is the right choice all day every day. If Omar has to go at some point because of something she says or did the Pelosi and co will kick her to the curb. Do you not remember Al Franken? He’s gone, and Steve King is still in Congress. They can police their own how they want to when they want to.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

mick fry likes this.
  14. mick fry

mick fry Member

She didn’t know tacos contained cows, it’s a learn as you go process.

BruceAndre and King1 like this.
  15. mick fry

mick fry Member

King1 likes this.
  16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]

18. dobro1229

If you assume the worst... that this is a scam... read the story and the context, and it actually makes a ton of sense to do what they did.

22 years old living in the Bronx.... you know how ridiculously expensive it is to afford office space if you are a startup in NYC? If this was a Republican entrepreneur at 22 years old you really think you’d be all up in arms about it?

No... you know damn well you’d be commending them and saying that small business entrepreneurs are vital to our next generation of contributors to our economy and using govt supplemented space to harvest ideas is a good idea. Taxes... their contribution to our economy is more important to me.

And that’s assuming the worst. As noted in the story, AOC’s name was used but there’s no evidence yet about how active she really was in this endeavor, and as her office notes, it’s the first they are hearing about it. I’m sure they’ll pay back the 1,800 bucks if it’s owed.

When will Trump pay back the MILLIONS of dollars he scammed from taxpayers?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

I’m sure she will pay it now, that is if she has anything left after bail money. .
    So you’re saying what about Trump? Didn’t see that one coming.

20. dobro1229

Can you not read? I’m not saying anything about the tax fraud that Trump has engaged in. The New York Times is.

Then there is the Michael Cohen testimony where he laid out multiple tax and insurance crimes as well.

Where is your outrage there? I guess you think he should be in jail as well too right? If AOC has to go to jail for 1,800 when she was 22 I guess the same standard has to apply to Trump right?