1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama's trip to Africa

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Space Ghost, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This guy is priceless. I would like to make a few points....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090711/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama

Point 1: Wow. Really. So I guess Obama is "more" African American than those who are here locally? I know this is on the petty side, but this is exactly whats wrong with Obama. He feels he can identify with every person on this planet except the wealth capitalistic pigs. Are you Christian? Muslim?

Point 2: Speech on Iran. Mr President, stick to your words. If you feel we shouldn't meddle with Iranian affairs, then you have no business telling Africans on how to run their countries. You preached change, but you are the epitome of the "same". You are two faced and you only want to tell people what they want to hear.

Point 3: Serious? The .gov taking 20% off the top? Im moving my business to Africa!!! Obviously 35% is not enough, maybe 50-60% after cap and trade? News alert! The dictators in Africa are no different than our dictators in office. The only difference is one hides behind guns and their army and the other hides behind the party majority in congress, which ironically enough, our army must uphold to the wishes of congress and the president. Not much difference! You promised change. We got the same!

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

1.OMG OMG OMG, Obama likes to find similarities with others, that's just sooooooo evil

2.Iran not Ghana

3.he's talking about bribery, which is illegal here in case you didn't know

3. Major

Major Member

Wow. You didn't even understand the reason behind the speech or the content of it, yet you still b**** about it. A little basso syndrome there.

4. Landlord Landry

I'm really glad yahoo pointed this out for the 7-8 remaining people in the world who were unaware of this fact.

How about, from now on, we just address him as President Barack- son of a white woman from Kansas and a black goat herder-turned-academic from Kenya Obama.

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JsGKAx41-Ns&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JsGKAx41-Ns&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

1. yeah he is actually someone who i would consider part african-american if we have to use that idiotic phrase. not sure if you knew this but the guy's father is kenyan. :eek: the large majority of "african-americans" are simply american blacks in my eyes.

2. rofl....were you laughing your ass off as you were typing this post? because the points you are making can only be construed as a joke or internet trolling to get a reaction out of people. you are trying to say that obama is meddling into african politics when he says they should push for good governance and try to get rid of corruption. really? ffs you HAVE to be joking. i'm certainly not a supporter of what obama has done so far but this is just stupid if you can't tell the difference between iran and simply stating that the people shouldn't let their leaders be corrupt.

3. which country are you moving to in africa? i'm sure you will do well there. clearly, you have an excellent understanding of how business in most african nations works so you should prosper.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Space Ghost; didn't Clutch ask that we abstain from having political signatures? Your O.B.A.M.A. acronym doesn't seem to be following that simple request.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Space Ghost is really giving basso & TJ some stiff competition - though I don't know if his facepalmworthiness is quite as intentional.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You really come away from the speech with this?
    Excellent political analysis.

Are you Sarah Palin's campaign manager?

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

With this OP, Space Cadet would be a better moniker. If he analyzed GWB's speeches with the same intensity, his head would have exploded. Just amazing.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It's not that all right wingers are stupid, dishonest, cynical and/or trolls of course; it's just that the ones that post here with any regularity are. Where are the Refmans, mrpaiges, weslinders, HayesStreets? How are we supposed to have anything resembling a civil debate or discussion when all we get from the other side is basso, George, Casey, mullegun and Space Ghost? This board isn't biased because there are too many liberals here; it's biased because the conservatives that post here regularly are idiots.

1 person likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Good analysis involves some form of emotional detachment. It wouldn't be the exploding head you expect if he analyzed GWB's speeches, uh intensely.

13. conquistador#11

blah, blah, blah.
    [​IMG]

14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Where does SG fall?

[​IMG]

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If Space Ghost's sig could somehow work in a US flag pin -- I think the facepalmworthiness of his posts would be off the chart.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what was the first mistake?

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

that's a very good question

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Only if we post in non-political forums.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

well, in that case (and you are correct) then Space Ghost has two options.

Quit posting in ANY threads other than in here (I counted five in other forums in the first page of search results)

or

Change the Sig.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess you can interpret it like that.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=154451

Posting in D&D exclusively over a sig would be more a punishment than a loophole.