1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama's Justification for His Crackdown on Medical mar1juana Dispensaries

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hightop, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Granville

Granville Member

Folks....one bong hit to many and you start thinking like what you see above. Kinda reminds you of the conversation of Boone, Pinto, Boone's GF and the Prof while getting high in the movie, Animal House.

Go roll that Doobie in front of the Police Station, Chong, and put the video up on Youtube. Your brain may be stuck in the 70's but the world isn't.

If getting high is your thing, toke on. It's a waste of time though. If you have kids I'd suggest that you spend that time with them.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Well, either that, or you really need a sarcasm detector.

3. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

What if your thing is treating an existing medical condition without sucking on big pharma's foul tool? Is that a waste of time too?

4. Granville

Granville Member

Go back and read what I wrote. I was arguing against the legalization of mar1juana.

If treating a condition was the sole purpose of someone using mar1juana then fine but it seems people are circumventing that process by becoming a conduit for others to purchase weed illegally.

5. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama have all admitted to using MJ (or more). I think Bush I and Reagan did too. Possibly Nixon was that last not to. And he might have too -- or if not he should have.

Crazy kids are getting criminal records for this. I know G is just playing a role here -- doubt he'd want a criminal record for what he admits doing in his past. Not my thing -- just not interested in inhaling smoke -- but man can we all be hypocritical about this stuff....

6. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Yes, you're correct there. Lotsa healthy folks getting high under the medical banner. But is that so bad? Obviously for kids it is, but they're going to get high regardless. For adults, to each their own if they're not bothering anyone else.

Legalization would bring regulation...similar to alcohol. It would also reduce the penalties for minor possession. There's no reason to flag a youth for life because of a simple indiscretion with the weed.

I got arrested at 17 with an oz of weed and classified as an adult and that totally altered my prospective career plans. Hell, I might be president today if not for that.

1 person likes this.
  7. Granville

Granville Member

Imagine now, if you got drug tested at work, pulled over with weed on you, caught driving when you are high, busted when you went to pick up the weed from your dealer etc. It isn't worth it and there are better things to do with your time.

I had my fun back in the day and didn't get caught.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Dude I said I was 59, if I had kids they'd be like 35.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's not true. And I'm just saying, peace of mind is the best you can hope for. You strive for that living for your children, other people get it in other ways. And whatever way that is, it is equally valid to your point of view because their self evaluation of their own life is the only valuation that matters.

Oh, yeah, I was not stoned when I wrote it. Not stoned now.

#68 Dubious, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  9. Granville

Granville Member

Oh I understand. You like to escape reality by smoking weed. It's a pretty simple concept.

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

YEAH WEED SMOKERS ARE LESSER BEINGS THAN I AM TOO!

11. Granville

Granville Member

Are they fans of girlie theatrical posts like the one you just
    made? It never ceases to amaze how so many of you play the drama card to get the other girls in your slumber party to come running.

12. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Are you insulting me by comparing me to a girl? :confused:

13. Granville

Granville Member

More drama?

14. Dubious

From you. Self-righteous hubris is usually an overcompensation. I'm guessing it's you you are trying so hard to convince.

Human beings have always tried to alter their reality, because their reality contains a lot of pain, conflict, heartache, mourning, and the big one..... death. Religion is a construct to alter one's view of reality but you probably embrace that.

You would have my brother-in-law arrested. He's in stage 4 kidney failure. He's currently escaping his reality of puking everything he eats from now until he dies in a few weeks.

#74 Dubious, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The super conservative right. Can't say I'm not surprised...
    What a sad existence.

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Ford got high?

[​IMG]

17. Dubious

http://boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/1086cbCOMIC-medical-mar1juana.jpg

18. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

1. My company doesn't drug test.
    2. I don't drive under the influence
    3. I don't buy anything off the street. I had a garden in the basement for years, but I shut it down when I got my med mmj card. Since my mmj card has expired, I haven't been smoking. When I get a headache these days, I follow the dr's recommendation....take a handful of over the counter stuff, which works wonders for my kidneys and liver:( Soon, I'll either renew the card or wait until the election makes it legal [​IMG]

But your right that it's not worth getting busted for. Not a big chance of that happening from the locals probably, but the DEA has been sniffing around town and I don't really want to them to lock me in a cell for 5 days without food and water.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I got tired of smoking weed daily after twenty years, so I let my prescription in CA run out. I finally stopped letting weed define me. it was a wake up out of the clouds moment.

I was also tired of playing the game where I would go to the doctor and pretend I was suffering from something- anxiety, insomnia, migraines, or stress. go no farther than Venice Beach or Hollywood Blvd. and you will see what I am talking about. $$$

I'm far from conservative, I just get tired of seeing potheads clamoring for "medical mar1juana" laws when they just want to get high.

I believe in legalization and decriminalization, but for medical patients there has got to be a better system than going to the dispensary with Bob Marley posters, black lights, and tattoed zombies working a store that is still subject to raids, robberies, or violent crime related activity. a DEA raid would be the last thing on my list of concerns, but that's possible as well.

they aren't regulated well, and too many of them are operating illegally, ruining the system for the (very very small) number of patients that really need relief through the use of medical mar1juana.

#79 across110thstreet, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  20. Hightop

Hightop Member

The system is crap. If it was totally legal it would be like buying tomatoes at a yard sale.