1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obamacare Replacement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by wizkid83, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are truly an ignorant man. A self righteous fool who has forgotten his humanity.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

That is the most inept interpretation I have EVER seen. Congrats. You have proven once again to be clueless when it comes to scripture. Good luck!!!

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You are either clueless, or a fraud, and certainly a hypocrite in either case.

I'm sure when you are standing at the pearly gates and they say wait your position was against helping the needy and the poor you finally realize how destructive your politics are.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

It is only more relevant if you believe what you are saying which I do 100%!!!! I would not turn this religious except when losing the argument the left like to turn it religious. Make no mistake, I do not mind destroying those who misinterpret what they are saying according to the Bible but they started it. I haven't been proved wrong yet.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So if a Muslim believed what they were saying, you'd accept their political argument based on scripture from the Quran?

6. cml750

cml750 Member

As opposed to you not even understanding why we are supposed to help the poor with our own money and not others peoples money if we belivieve in God? If you believe in God, you have a TON of studying to do my friend!!!!!

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Bobbie, you are missing the point. The Constitution was based on the principles I profess to in the Bible, not so much the Qur'an . Where they cross, I agree. Where the Qur'an says to KILL all the infidels which equates to everyone who doesn't believe in ISLAM, I disagree.You do see this don't you? You may not be religious yourself but have a tone of common sense most of the time. You are connecting dots for which you have no clue right now. I will pray for you.

8. cml750

cml750 Member

lol. there is nothing I love more than a lecture form a clueless person who thinks they get it. Do you truly understand what you are saying? Do you truly know why we must help the poor? Do you actually believe helping the poor will lead to being saved? Do you truly know what it means to be SAVED?

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Man you're so full of s-hit. This coming from a former Catholic that went to private Catholic school up until college. You're the type of fake Christian no one likes. So used to dealing with people like you too. You go to Bible school and harp around in circles trying to out-pious your fellow Church goers with quotes and what good you've done to help others when the reality is no one gives a **** how good you think you are. And the whole you can still do good and not receive God crap you were pushing on Deckard. Seriously go f-uck yourself.

Deckard likes this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, Oh that is so Christian like of you, noto_O. You sound a lot like the Pope which many Catholics disagree with these days. Go pray to Mary if you are Catholic and please point to me where in the Holy Bible it says that counts? Not only that but you show a truly communist theme in your avatar, where does that line up with your so called Christianity?

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're a terrible person and nobody calling themselves christian should have to be associated with someone like you. You aren't a christian breh. You're a hypocritical dumbass.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Constitution was not based on the bible.....if we're honest, it was more influenced by the writings of Enlightenment era philosophers such as John Locke and Montesquieu along with English Common Law than anything else.

The point I was trying to make is that since you wouldn't accept political arguments based on scripture from religions you don't practice it makes sense that those who don't practice Christianity wouldn't accept political arguments based on the Bible. When you talk politics in America, you are talking about things that affects people of all types and all religions and that's why religion should not be the basis for ANY policy.

It's not a theocracy and a theocracy is the only situation where scripture would be relevant to political discussions.

13. dmoneybangbang

Pure arrogance that you think you know the true meaning of the word of God.

14. dmoneybangbang

Safety net = entitlements.....

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thought this was a healthcare thread but instead have found a facebook comment section on religion.

Lulz.

superfob and wouldabeen23 like this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This will be my last response to you on this thread.

You are a member of a church of a certain denomination. There are thousands of Christian denominations. Each believes something slightly different. There are some denominations that you would not even recognize as Christian. They all get their beliefs from the same book. They are as certain in their beliefs as you are.

If you to continue on the religion thing, you might want to start a new thread and I will do my best to set you straight.

mtbrays and dmoneybangbang like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When people talk about "true" anything they are taking a big giant step towards being fanatics. That kind of thinking is dangerous and seriously flawed. Who is to define whether CML's version of Christianity is the true version versus Deckard's or anyone else's???

The fact is that religion IS very much involved and a strong force in shaping politics - like it or not. People can debate whether it belongs or not but there is no such thing as a secular democracy. People put their beliefs into their politics - you can't stop it.

The bottom line is this. If you say that people shouldn't get the gov't to help provide medical care when they are sick - you are condemning them to an early death. There is no other way to put it.

So long as you are ok with the poor and lower class, and lower middle class, and middle class dying earlier than the upper middle class and the rich - then that's your prerogative. Rationalize it however you want to.

18. dmoneybangbang

This. Which denomination knows the real truth?

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This does nothing to address public policy and rational decision-making in a country as large and diverse as ours.

We're a government for the people and by the people. That means we take care of one another. The heartlessness with which you approach public policy, while bragging about your own acts of charity, is confusing. Do you not see that your own acts are not scalable among 320 million and mechanisms larger than the generosity of one person's heart must be used to address chronic problems? Would you really look into the eyes of a grandparent and tell them they deserve poverty and needless suffering because they didn't squirrel away enough money decades ago? Nothing you've posted in the last few pages since I last logged on has convinced me otherwise.

As I said earlier, faith is not a contest. Yet, you continue to challenge me on what I've done to help others while, in the same breath, saying that good works don't truly matter if they're not done with the intention of converting others to Christianity. Again, we diverge.

If you're in Austin, hit me up; I would love to go to church with you and, hopefully, show you that the divisions in our own faith are not insurmountable.

Getting back to the point of this thread, I think you've got a preexisting condition sporting that Cowboys avatar around these parts ;)

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"For I was hungry and you gave me bread contingent upon my spiritual conversion to your specific line of religious thought."

No Worries likes this.