1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama: troops just airrading and killing civilians

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Aug 14, 2007.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the strange thing is that in the end looking at what was really said, and as has been pointed out that it was appropriate, it ends up making the attackers looks stupid, and like they don't know what's really going on.

They end up looking clueless.

2. SmitingPurpleEm

Problem is, the Republicans have found that they can flame someone with blatantly false crap (Swift Boat Veterans for Truth) and have the allegations stick anyway, even when proven false.

For some reason the Dems have not been able to do the same in reverse.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I find it refreshing to see a candidate that speaks his mind honestly and doesn't worry about how it's dissected and analyzed. but that's just me

[Edit] I find it also funny that people are feigning outrage over what Obama has been saying over the last few months. Obama's views are merely educated and more logical ideas about fighting the war on terror. Something we all want to do.

It's been interesting to watch.

#23 mc mark, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  4. ham

ham Member

I like how you have to try to tie "the mission" to "the troops" here.

Anyone with a brain can tell what Obama was saying, and anyone who's read about what's happening in Afghanistan knows that Obama is right.

My question is: why aren't the other candidates talking more about Afghanistan?

5. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

First thing that popped in my head.

6. insane man

insane man Member

why do you right wing lunatics shudder when intelligent people try to analyze situations in a slightly more complex and nuanced way than an george bush talk?

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

don't say nuance to basso, he sneers and then breaks out into hives. Liberal wishy washy focus on nuance is not the kind of attitude that has led to our continuing series of successes in Iraq and Afghanistan.

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there was nothing nuanced about obama's winter soldier moment. if he actually believes it, then he doesn't know what he's talking about. if he just misspoke, fine, but he's been doing that a lot lately re foreign policy, which certainly gives me pause. i had some hope for obama, but one of the few positive things the long campaign season does is show how the candidates respond under stress and pressure. obama has not done well in that regard.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

basso this story has no legs but your eminent efforts to bump it on a basketball message board will NOT go unnoticed, you will surely be rewarded when the Republicans regain control of the white house in 2016.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I can see how this makes him look blunt, and perhaps even brash.

I cannot, for the life of me, see how this makes him look like he "doesn't know what he's talking about."

What he said is the straight dope, according to the stats, sad to say.

I just became a tiny bit more likely to vote for him. My boy Dennis K is fading again anyway. :)