1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama to appear on The O'Reilly Factor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by marks0223, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Well, not EVERYONE...
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J8uGenNjOAI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J8uGenNjOAI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Lynus302 is a sub-100 member. I wouldn't go tweaking his nose like that. Let's show some respect.

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Yes, he has done that. Mostly in the past. Only from time to time these days. Is he 100% correct 100% of the time? Of course not. But if you think all the guy does is yell and scream, then you really don't pay much attention.

I like his interviews. He usually gets pissed only when people are dodging questions. As for tonight, he conducted a good interview, and Obama responded in kind. My opinion of Hillary (which wasn't particularly negative in the first place) went up after her interview with him, and I can now say the same thing about Obama.

I'll tune in for the remainder of the interview. You might want to do the same.

Edit:
    Thank you, sir.

:cool:

#63 Lynus302, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I liked it when O'Reilly said he believed that the Iraq War was a mistake. "the wrong battlefield"

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

didn't get to catch the interview, but as much as i can dislike oreilly he can give a decent interview and i occasionally agree with... he isn't a complete right-wing hack like hannity.

hell, i actually caught myself agreeing with karl f****** rove earlier in oreilly's show :eek:

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

O'Bama was fantastic on O'Reily tonight....and they are actually NOT far apart....

DD

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Didn't watch it, but from the responses here it looks like I was wrong.

8. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Ah, hell. Its all over now....the world is coming to an end.

9. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

FINALLY someone talking about the issues...

I usually hate O'Reilly with a passion, but that was a great interview. When Obama seemed to sidetrack even the slightest, O'Reilly tried to get him to answer the question.

This is the first and maybe only time I'll say this, I can't wait for the rest of the interview next week. He said it's supposed to heat up a lot.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Factor interviews are always good because the format is different. It isn't a Barbara Walters interview where she is soft with them. He is hard hitting, and if you don't like him I understand why, but specifically for interviews, it leads to much more interesting dialogue and more compelling information comes out.

11. God's Son

God's Son Member

obama interview part 1

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_753sLQQ8q8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_753sLQQ8q8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. rocket3forlife2

I saw McCain go on there and get straight punked once before.

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

So Obama agrees the surge was successful.

O'Reilly put him straight on his tough talk about Afghanistan.

I wish he would have asked him what he plans to do with the troops. Maybe that'll be in the next part. It's too bad this interview wasn't done after the Palin and McCain speeches.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I liked the interview as a moderate. It's nice to see Obama actually facing tough questions. To his credit, he's been spectacular so far. He looks poised, in control and confident. His answers have been justified and detailed too.

Say whatever you want about O'Reilly but he's perfect for this type of interview. He won't let you dodge any questions.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Perfect he is not.. I find his cheap, sophomoric, blowhard, condescending attitude often is destructive and obstructionist to the actual interviewee's ability to answer questions.

Obama doesn't back down from this kind of crap though, I want him going to bat for me in Washington.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If McCain is such a brave soldier, why is he running away from the mean old media!!!

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We're all still waiting for the press to take off the kiddie gloves when sparring with McCain.. if he's scared now, he's about to shart in his adult diapers when the debates roll around.

18. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

o'reilly asked some good questions and obama gave great answers... But it was really annoying how o'reilly does not allow obama to fully answer his questions without getting his say in.

19. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

Do you know nothing about obama? He has said many times that he agrees the surge was successful. But he also believes that their are fundamental problems with our approach. Like the fact that Iraq is not pulling their weight and doing their part.

What are you talking about with afghanistan? did you not agree with what obama proposed? That we should focus on Afghanistan and threaten to cut off pakistani aid unless they are more cooperative...what did you not agree with?

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if mccain is in diapers, what about palin? they're building the great wall of china around her.