1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama surfaces in federal corruption case

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by wnes, Jan 21, 2008.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You may not know that I have been accused of espionage on this BBS by wnes in the past. PS I sleep with strange women wherever possible - which i s not frequently enough.

2. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

No wonder you supported Obama, neither can answer a simple question straight. Either dodging it or playing the race card.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

all I'm saying, based on the article I cannot tell if Obama got a big discount on the market price..

but I am sure he did get a really big discount from the asking price.. doesn't everyone?

I once was shopping for a house, when I found one, I asked the realtor what is the market price? he gave me a list of previous houses sold in the area NOT with the original asking price when they were listed but the ACTUAL purchase price when it was sold..

the market price/value is established not by sellers' asking price and buyers' offered price but buy the actual sales/purchase price..

#103 vlaurelio, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I agree with you, real_egal. Deckard and especially Sam are out of line here. Don't let these two clowns walk all over you like a beetch. Deckard in particular likes to insert himself into places he has no business being in an attempt to act like he's important.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sam's post would have read "inciting rebellion in Africa," or "inciting rebellion in Israel." :confused: weird, yes. offensive? Sure you can get offended by whatever you like, but feel free to tell me you are inciting rebellion in my ancestral grounds of Louisiana. .
    ... What is an "_egal," by the way?

On topic, high end homes have much greater price volatility in general, especially over the last several years. Heck, at our puny level, my wife and I received an even larger (%) discount on a home last year, and the housing market here is much stronger than any part of Illinois. I thought we were just perfectly playing the real estate market and an opportunity, but perhaps I am corrupt to the core. D'oh!

Can I never run for president now? :( Think of all my disappointed supporters. I will prepare my Thompson-esque speech, or maybe I can use an outtake from Rudy's campaign shutdown...

6. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

As an Obama supporter, I will say something seems fishy here, and I think he may have made a mistake (bad judgement), but I still say it isn't a big deal at all. He said it was boneheaded and he learned from it, so lets just move on.

I think this is a non-issue.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that is an admirable goal but I have my doubts whether Obama will do it. Listening to last night's debate Obama got just as harsh as Hillary did, talking about her serving on the board of Walmart which has particular resonance as its loathed by many Democrat interest groups. His surrogates have also been very quick to play the race card too accusing both Bill and Hillary of mocking MLK when they did no such thing. Just because Obama might be the nominee doesn't mean that he won't be Swiftboated. The question though is how he will respond. If he ignores them like Kerry did initially they could gain traction or if he responds in kind he ends up also getting dirty.

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

agreed...boring and predictable.

It was one paragraph (which he wasn't named) of a 78 page indictment.

As basso is want to say. If there's a crime, (you know, like torture, evesdropping, outing a CIA agent) then bring the charges.

But someone in this thread was right. This is just a taste of what Obama can expect from republicans if he wins the nom.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

You are the first one who brought up the race issue in this thread. You are an idiot.

11. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

What are you trying to prove? Are you saying that because the home country of wne has some slump areas too, so he shouldn't criticize a person who didn't do enough to improve the slump area in another country?

I hope your argument is not this stupid.

12. SamFisher

I went out with a taiwanese girl two weeks ago. Bowling, in fact. I let her win a game to save face.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How he heck did this become a thread about China and Chinese? :confused:

14. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Think it started with that email from that Asian interest group. A lot of hostility from some and it continues to spill over into other Obama threads.

15. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Um I didn't say it did not occur, however, the latest report by CBS puts his much touted experience into perspective.

Obama said as a community service organizer he was paid low $10K annually. But the record provided by one of his community service co-worker showed Obama's salary in 1987 was $25,000. While I can agree this amount is well below the income he could have earned had he chose to work for a private entity, but $25,000 annual salary in 1987 is definitely not as menial as it sounds out of Obama's mouth. In fact, it was 36% above the national average wage index in 1987. Further, for a non-profit organization that was in dire need of funds for all of its projects, it raises eyebrow that one of its employee's salary was increased 100% in merely two years. I bet most of the youth in Chicago would rush to participate their community services if they were given the comparable salaries and/or the raises. Regardless, the lack of full disclosure in his own bio doesn't look good on Obama.

Another discrepancy is also claimed by the same co-worker. Obama didn't work in Chicago South Side cleaning up asbestos, but fiberglass. Given the fact that by 1980s asbestos had long become a much publicized health hazard -- sort of like public enemy number one -- in the US, Obama's vague memory on these two different materials is interesting, to say the least.

Speaking of Obama's less-than-truthfulness (euphemism for deceitfulness) in his recollection, one also has to wonder how much he made up in his public speech(es) regarding his own family history.

Obama said in the 2004 Democratic Convention: "My father was a foreign student, born and raised in a small village in Kenya. He grew up herding goats, went to school in a tin-roof shack. His father — my grandfather — was a cook, a domestic servant to the British."

Independent columnist Andy Martin, who conducted an investigation on Obama's family history on three continents, says he believes Obama is a political fraud who "lied to the American people" and "has sought to misrepresent his own heritage."

It turned out Obama's grandfather was not a domestic servant as we were told, rather, he was a prominent and wealthy farmer and part of the British colonial system. Obama's father was a child of privilege and affluence, never a lowly "immigrant." Like other children of privilege, he was a person with access to the inner circles of the government in Kenya and as a result of those connections, was able to come to America to study. Keep in mind that unlike today, African students were a rarity in 1958.

Obama also said in his speech, "My parents shared not only an improbable love, they shared an abiding faith in the possibilities of this nation." Wrong again. Obama Sr. abandoned Jr. and his mother and then went back to Kenya following graduation from Harvard, never paid one visit back to Hawaii -- hardly a loving husband and father, or someone who believed in the "possibilities of this nation."

Poor little sammy, you've gotta play better on this one.

Remember, this is not a thread on China(man). (a reminder to KingCheetah as well)

A fair question is: when will you Obama apologists out there finally realize the Emperor has no clothes?

#115 wnes, Jan 22, 2008
  16. SamFisher

#116 SamFisher, Jan 22, 2008
  17. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Swing and miss, Sammy.

You also need to make up your mind, is it chain email or googling? :confused:

18. SamFisher

It looks to be a chain e-mail that was posted in the comments sections of various blogs & BBS's. Since you did not include a link, I imagien you got it as an email, since you have mentioned that you like to receive and forward these emails in the past.

It's certainly not your own writing or on CBS - which is what you tried to pass it off as.

Did you honestly think nobody would find out? :confused: You might as well just post that he's a dirty muslim negro, the one that's on snopes - I'm sure you have that e-mail too, right?

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Come on, guys. Is this getting us anywhere? All it's doing is giving the Bobbsey Twins something to have fun with.

Impeach Bush.

20. SamFisher

It is proving wnes' theory that Chinese aren't ready for democracy.