1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Signs Funding Package for Israel's Iron Dome

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IBTL, Aug 4, 2014.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Hamas needs to be eradicated. They have already improved their weapons' capabilities. They need to be dealt with. Otherwise, they will become ISIS, sooner or later.

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have a dog in the fight. Im in a bubble here living in texas.

but we are giving 225 million for defense of 'civilians' on only ONE SIDE?

what about the civilians on the gaza side? fu**ck em right?

USA should be humanitarian, helping negotiate, and helping civilians on BOTH sides best interest.

would you support and vote for your country to give 225 million for a defense system for the civilians of gaza? That you then build so that they dont spend it on booze and hookers? yes no?

anyone that has a one sided opinion on this issue has to come into question.sorry. You are one sided btw. mazel tov

but financially as well? why financially? they are not starving in east africa sudan somalia etc... and cant we support both sets of civilians?

we support one set of civilians more than the other in this conflict. I have a problem with that and the message that 225 million sends as well. Especially given the timing. We need to be the big neutral brother here. oh well I guess we keep going on just because?

okay so thats what it is huh?

if they were really smart they would get raytheon, waylon and the boys and they would set up two missile systems going.. then they could shoot at themselves each way..Jack yourself off war style. Halliburton would dig it I assure you..step 3 profit.

as an aside do you find it curious that there is no single response from our local cf repugs on this topic? something something that the repugs support israel too so natural response is the usual no opinion? I mean was obama in the right here repugs? brain assplode

yup. And it sucks for those that truly are above average :grin: wrecks the brain philosophically. Are you any better than a mosquito though? Chances are you are always going to think you are.. That is established.

so we are just negotiating price-
    it's just a matter how much more above you are than a mosquito,a person,or someone that is less informed than you?

I say we are no better than a mosquito. thats just me though.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No, because historically, Hamas has spent most money they obtained on terror attack weapons.

You might not know this, but the EU has indeed spent quite some money on trying to build up a civilian infrastructure in Gaza, and much of it was intended for education (to pay teachers, etc.). But the money largely "disappeared":

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/11/us-eu-gaza-aid-idUSBRE9BA0HO20131211

Guess what - Hamas has taken the money to build tunnels (exploiting children to do this, and then murdering many of them) and to stock up on terror weapons.