1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama sides with NSA and Cyber Command over recommendation of democratic process

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

More at link
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...48-6403-11e3-a373-0f9f2d1c2b61_story.html?p=1

Most effective approach for the agencies, which is obviously not necessarily the most effective approach for protecting privacy.

While the right will be critical of anything Obama does, I hope the left have the integrity to take a principled rather than fanatic position here.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Obama administration handling of the whole NSA mess has been shameful since day one. It has continuously gotten worse. Cap it off with their campaign against whistle blowers, and it makes it hard to argue that Obama is on the side of the citizens rights in this situation at all. Obama has put holding on to power ahead of doing the right thing.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Glad you're starting to see this ... 5 years too late. He is just another Bush. Please tell me how he's different from Bush? Other than being "hip".

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since he started doing the NSA stuff, I've been against it. Are you talking about different from Bush on this issue? or Bush in general?

There are plenty of issues where he's different than Bush in general. On this issue he's as bad as Bush and probably worse with trying to stomp out whistle blowers.

But I can talk about his appointments to the cabinets, judges, Federal spending, and budgets, foreign policy, etc. to discuss specific differences from Bush if that's what you want.

But maybe it should be in a different thread.