1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Names Bill Clinton to Presidential Post

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Nov 26, 2008.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gates at Defense, hawks at State, VP, and National Security Advisor. Just what I was hoping for, no change!

more and more, it looks like Bush III, at least in foreign policy.

[rquoter]

WASHINGTON DC - Ending weeks of speculation and rumors, President-Elect Barack Obama today named Bill Clinton to join his incoming administration as President of the United States, where he will head the federal government's executive branch.

"I am pleased that Bill Clinton has agreed to come out of retirement to head up this crucial post in my administration," said Obama. "He brings a lifetime of previous executive experience as Governor of Arkansas and President of the United States, and has worked closely with most of the members of my Cabinet."

Clinton said he was "excited and honored" by the appointment, and would work "day and night" to defeat all the key policy objectives proposed by Mr. Obama during the campaign.

"I am gratified that the President-Elect has entrusted me with this important responsibility," said Clinton. "I'm looking forward to getting back behind, and under, the Oval Office desk again. As I have told the President-Elect, I pledge to do whatever I can to serve his historic administration by making sure that none of that bull**** he talked about during the campaign will ever see the light of day. Americans can rest assured that he will be safely confined to the East Wing, as far away as possible from any potentially dangerous office equipment or nuclear buttons."

The long anticipated naming of Clinton to head Obama's Oval Office team comes after a week that saw Obama appoint dozens of Clinton associates to his transition team including John Podesta, Rahm Emanuel, Eric Holder, Larry Summers, and Hillary Rodham Clinton. Hundreds of other Clinton Administration holdovers are rumored to be in line for remaining appointments, including Bill Richardson, Janet Reno, Webb Hubbell, Chelsea Clinton, zombie Vince Foster, and zombie Socks the cat.

"Let's face it, it's obvious I'm in way over my head here," explained Obama. "Anyone paying attention knows I am a disaster waiting to happen, and who can blame them? I mean, just look at the stock market. That's why I think it's in the best interest of the country that I hand over the reins to people who, whatever their ethical shortcomings, at least have a faint clue about what they're doing. Come on, man. I've got a 401-k, too."

While the naming of Clinton appears to have momentarily calmed jittery financial markets, it sparked ripples of disapproval at liberal websites like Huffington Post and DailyKos. The progressive blogosphere was an early key source of support for Mr. Obama's candidacy, but a steady stream of Clinton-era appointees since the election has left some charging that he had betrayed his campaign promises to bring them to Washington as part of a sweeping culture of change -- a charge that Mr. Obama vehemently accepted.

"Oh, for crissakes. Are you kidding me? Are you friggin' kidding me?" asked Obama. "Of course I betrayed those goddamned idiots. Have any of you actually spent five minutes with them? I have, unfortunately. Nothing personal, but I wouldn't trust these internet windowlickers with a plastic spork from Taco Bell, let alone a freaking $3 trillion dollar budget global superpower. Look, I may be naive, but I'm not stupid. And if Kose or Koz or whatever the **** his name is thinks for one second I give a rat's ass about who he wants in charge of the Treasury Department, he's even stupider than he looks."

"Look, I'm sorry I kinda snapped there, and pardon my French," added Obama. "But I just spent the last two years surrounded by these starstruck moonbat r****ds, and I'll be goddamned if I'm gonna spend the next four with them parked in the next cubicle over."

Obama also announced that he had accepted his own appointment of himself as an Assistant Undersecretary in the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

"It's a fairly low-stress job that I'm reasonably qualified for," said Obama. "I really can't do much damage there, and it will give me plenty of free time for Oprah specials. Plus work on my next autobiography and re-election campaign."[/rquoter]

2. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

at least with Bush we knew it wasn't him running the show. Obama's got the potential to be way scarier since he's a better propaganda salesman.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

oh lord, someone has the day off

again, thanks for your concern for the obama voters, btw, how old are you. is this really your deal, nanny nanny boo boo, you didn't get what you thought. very good for discussion, thanks

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and btw, most of us non haters enjoyed eight years of peace and prosperity, so if the obama years are like the clinton years, in the infamous words of the Bill from Office Space

That would be Great

5. bucket

bucket Member

Ahem...

I will now respond to this thread in the manner most befitting it.

[​IMG]

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You mean eight years of letting the people who hate America plot attacks and eight years of an over inflated economy. Clintons technology boom/bust and Bushes real estate boom/bust is why we are in the predicament we are in now.

7. tested911

tested911 Member

Kids this should be a lesson to everyone...

Remember that not everything on the internet is REAL....
    Some days I feel sorry for Basso..

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Wipe your mouth basso. The slobber is ruining your keyboard.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Why did you bold a part in a spoof article? Who does that?

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

You are seriously one sad individual.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently you slept through all that Clinton did in regards to terror. I've been through it before, but one of the highlights is that he actually caught and punished the terrorist leader who bombed the WTC while he was president.

To the thread as a whole, I find it hilarious and perhaps a touch sad that basso is so ignorant to believe that Clinton agrees with Bush's policies on Iraq. Gates also was a clean up man and not architect of anything at defense. He will stay on for one year to work on the transition and keep some stability while Obama tries to work on the economy, and move the front in terror to Afghanistan where it should have been all along. Hillary is slightly more hawkish than Obama, but there is no doubt that Obama will be charge so their miniscule differences aren't that important.

There is definitely a huge change in the way Obama is setting up his whitehouse, and true to his word he seems to be willing to work with people across the political spectrum. That is a change in both that he will work with people from different political domains and in that he is true to his word.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the stock market is back to where bush received it, so no, clinton's growth was real actually.

edit: don't confuse the tech boom and the dot.com burst, the tech boom was real, obviously i'm not giving clinton credit for the technology advances during his presidency but that was real value added to the economy

#12 pgabriel, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  13. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

What will be Bill's job title? It's not clear in the article. What will he do? And Chelsea Clinton will have a job too? Whoa, last I remember she was still a kid. I was too, but still, man she's grown.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it's not clear in the article because it's a fake article. acccording to the fake article, Bill Clinton is going to serve as head the federal government's executive branch.

half the people here including the OP didn't get that one unfortunately...

15. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Folks, this is real.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds good to me. Lets not forget the last Admin. to actually seriously do something about fiscal discipline.

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

This thread and the fake story it's based on is an epic fail for basso and the guy who wrote it because not that long ago somebody already made a similar joke in a fake story about Monica Lewinsky being named to the new administration. I think Faos posted it.

18. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

Seek help Basso. Seek help.

No actually don't do that, these threads are way too amusing to stop now :D

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bill Clinton has not yet reached an agreement and is currently sitting at home.

Obama announced that his administration will do fine without Bill, but would like to sign him to an administration-minimum contract to serve as the Emergency Senior Back-up Executive. His job will involve (1) waving the towel from the bench, (2) mentoring young players in the administration, and (3) fill in when (i)the matchup dictates that a 7-footer is needed and Obama needs some rest or is in foul trouble or (ii) in case of a long-term injury to Yao Ming or Chuck Hayes.

20. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i think pretty much everyone got it, except perhaps you, who didn't seem to realize the OP, and Tree's post were not serious.