1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Justice Department Set to Overrule any State that Legalizes mar1juana

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rtsy, Oct 30, 2012.

1. rtsy

rtsy Member

What happened to "my body, my choice?" Hypocrites.

Obama Justice Department Set to Overrule any State that Legalizes mar1juana

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

http://www.allgov.com/news?news=846040

Depending on the outcome of initiatives in three states, a confrontation awaits between the U.S. Department of Justice and advocates for legalizing mar1juana.

On November 6, voters in Colorado, Washington and Oregon will decide whether to legalize and tax mar1juana sales. If one or more of the measures passes, and President Barack Obama is reelected, expect the Justice Department to take action to stop any state from decriminalizing the popular herb.

In an outtake in a recent interview with “60 Minutes,” Deputy Attorney General James Cole proclaimed that the federal government is prepared to stop any “dangers” associated with state-sanctioned recreational pot.

“We’re going to take a look at whether or not there are dangers to the community from the sale of mar1juana and we’re going to go after those dangers,” Cole told the television news magazine.

A crackdown on drug legalization would follow other efforts by the Obama administration to shutdown medical mar1juana dispensaries operating within state law in California and elsewhere.

-Noel Brinkerhoff

How 'Pro-Choice' are Democrats?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xwejQBIyjow?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't know who you are talking to here, but I know many liberals who are very upset about this stance by the administration. And those who aren't, probably weren't supporters of legalization anyway.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank goodness Romney will win, and he's for sure going to legalize mar1juana.

1 person likes this.
  4. rtsy

rtsy Member

Yeah - the outrage is overwhelming.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So your issue is what you happen to believe is the level of outrage?

6. rtsy

rtsy Member

My issue that Obama Cultists don't really give a **** what he does - as long as he is Obama.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, you're wrong. Even on this board, you see more criticisms of Obama by liberals than you ever saw coming from conservatives towards Bush during his years.

8. rtsy

rtsy Member

Can you (or any other Obama Cultist) make any argument without mentioning George Bush?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

When you want to call out Obama supporters for their alleged hypocriciesa and refusals to disagree with the president, why wouldn't this be brought up to show you you're completely full of ****? Well, I can see why you wouldn't want people to show that you're full of ****, but it's hard not to tell, Hightop.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Look, I'd love to hear all the pros and cons of the legalization debate---we are wasting a lot of money on the "war on drugs" (the hard stuff, though, should definitely be illegal, but no one's gonna dispute that except maybe Tony Montana Jr)---but no way this issue becomes serious in an election year. No way.

And I'm not real sure if we're ready for legalization: "Yeah, I'll have a doppio espresso---make that a 'tripio'---and a chocolate chip scone, and a Pineapple Express fattie."

Besides, speaking of hypocrites, let's not be "my body, my choice" hypocrites here. Conservatives aren't generally in favor of this anyway, it's just another b.s. way for you guys to hate Obama. (I switched between 610 and 790 this morning and stopped briefly on 700 or 710, I forget; my GOD, every time Obama puts on a new suit he gets trashed by the right).

And "my body, my choice" refers more to abortion, yes?, than to yet another legal intoxicant. Smoking at home = one thing; smoking in public and maybe getting behind a wheel and possibly doing harm to others = worst case scenario but already proven by alcohol drinkers as possible/probable.

#10 ROXTXIA, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  11. rtsy

rtsy Member

Because this has nothing to do with George Bush. You want your pathetic cult worshiping excused because "conservatives" did it for someone else. It's your fist line of defense, instead of have any true convictions.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

You guys blinded by smoke or hoping some Libertarian fantasy will become reality crack me up. There are legit reasons to come down on certain mj groups. If you really want to have mj legal, it has to be national and that's not ever going to happen with 40 or more Repub Senators and a Repub House and a bunch of Dems from places other than safe and very Liberal seats. When you have people "legally" growing in a state like Oregon, but get busted with massive amounts of guns, bricks of cash, and records of illegal grows and national distribution, you can't employ the poor, elderly cancer patient to make a political point. You can't have it both ways. You have to take away the incentive to grow and market beyond what is legal or you have to go whole hog and make it just like tobacco or any other ag crop.

I'm pro legalization but I'm anti-dirtbag. From what I know, the current Obama policy is also anti-dirtbag. Until you craft a policy that truly takes the dirtbags out of it, you are left with the Feds busting dirtbags who are pretending to be in compliance with the states. Puts everyone in a difficult position.

1 person likes this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Be careful of that "true convictions" line. Your candidate for President has none. Well, he has one: make rich people richer.

14. rtsy

rtsy Member

It wont happen with pro-prohibition scumbags like Obama who laughs off the notion of freedom, and does absolutely nothing to advance the cause.

15. rimrocker

Thanks for that post. It added a lot.

16. rtsy

rtsy Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sX2Xi6ovMA4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No, my first line of defense is to actually disagree with our president. I haven't changed a single stance of mine based on what how the president feels. And there have been numerous examples of liberals here disagreeing with Obama on issues. Long story short, you're an idiot.

2 people like this.
  18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So, do you believe Romney will champion legalization if elected?

19. rimrocker

You and Lou are really reaching. It's clear he's talking about legalizing mj as a means to help the economy. It might, but it would be slight and any President who made legalizing mj a priority in his economic policy would get brutalized by the opposition throughout the term and reelection.

20. rtsy

rtsy Member

Unlike the cultists, I care about the current President - what he has done and is doing.