1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama just air-raiding villages and killing civilians

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, May 7, 2009.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you're okay with killing civilians

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what hypocrisy? most people supported being in afghanistan, most people understand the concept of collateral damage, the us government is investigating what happened.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which of his supporters is saying that it's ok that we killed a civilians in the attack?

Where did Obama claim that no civilians would be harmed? Where is the hypocrisy you are talking about?

What happened is awful and horrible policy whether it was done by Bush or Obama, but I'm curious why you think it was hypocrisy.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

He failed to respond to the question about policy that allowed for the killing of civilians half the time.

It is clear that he cares more about trying to show Obama and his supporters to be at fault or wrong, than the actual issue of civilian casualties and American foreign policy.

It's odd that in another post he accused Dems of putting party before country. Just look at what the focus of his posts are.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Please elaborate precisely where the hypocrisy lies. You haven't highlighted anything even resembling it yet.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

So Obama's winning your heart and mind, now?

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this hypocrisy

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

thanks, all I see is white

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Identify an exact quote, brah. Nobody watches your videos. If you want to take a position, please take the actual position.

I know exactly what you're going to say - I need you to say it so that when you open up your LOCKER OF FAIL I can slam the door back into your face, after giving you the EPIC ATOMIC WEDGIE OF SUCK, and hang you from the coathook.

So please....for the sake of the children, precisely indicate the nature of the hypocrisy.

Highlight exactly why this incident renders Obama's plan/words on Afghanistan to be hypocritical.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

ME too. I can't see the videos from work.

11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty straightforward brah, but you'll have to watch the video.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The video is really short. It is while President Obama was still compaining. He states in the video that air-raiding is wrong and needs to end. Those aren't his exact words, but it is esentially what he said. I can't go back and listen to it it right now to give you exact words. I think it is hypocritical.

Edit: I forgot to include that is is just a line from Obama. There is no way of knowing the exact context from the video.

1 person likes this.
  13. surrender

surrender Member

I love how the Republicans conveniently forget that Obama campaigned on the promise of ramping up the Afghanistan campaign and then try to goad Liberals by saying "LOOK HE'S STILL IN AFGHANISTAN, HOPE AND CHANGE?!?"

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

it is taken out context, and that's why sam is seething to jump all over the basso

15. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

You'd be OK with the Afghani army air bombing your cities and killing your children, so I don't see why this is a big deal. Those kids would obviously just grow up to be terrorists anyway.