1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama in Houston today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Eric Riley, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

This is a Hangout-worthy thread and it would be nice to keep it here, though I'm pretty sure it'll get moved to the D&D soon.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/120309-president-obama-in-town-fundraiser#ixzz1odBC8fGU

HOUSTON - The president will be in Houston on Friday, so security will be tight downtown in the afternoon and the rush hour could be a mess heading into the River Oaks area.
    If you want to be in the same room with President Barack Obama, it'll cost you some big bucks.

The president will visit Union Station at Minute Maid Park at 3:30 p.m. Friday. Tickets are $500. If you want a photo with the president, that will cost you $10,000 per person or $15,000 for a pair.
    At 6 p.m., the president is scheduled to appear at the River Oaks home of Dina Alsowayel and Tony Chase. The cost to get in is ‘only’ $38,500-per-head.

About 60 people are expected to attend the private event.
    The Houston Chronicle reports Alsowayel is a program director at the University of Houston. Chase is a professor at the University of Houston Law Center.

For motorists, here's what to look out for (and keep in mind these times are rough estimates): Between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. the president's motorcade will be moving from Ellington Field to Minute Maid Park. Between 5:30 and 6:30 there could be road closures downtown while the president is in transit and while at Minute Maid Park for the fundraiser. Than again, roughly 6:30-7 p.m., the president's motorcade goes from the park to River Oaks for the dinner.

The president will still need to travel back to Ellington Field tonight to get to Air Force One, but that's expected to be after rush hour so it won't be much of an issue.

Remember only the Secret Service knows the exact route the president's taking, and of course they're not telling us, and even if they did, we wouldn’t pass it along. We can only tell you areas to avoid -- not what specific streets.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/120309-president-obama-in-town-fundraiser#ixzz1odjilAkV

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

:confused:

My bus goes right by MMP to get to 59 N at 4:15 or so and I have to get home quick today.

Thanks, Obama.

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i need him to take care of my parking ticket. how do i get a hold of him.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He won't get there until 6.

He works off CP time.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:p

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

$10K per person?

Does he do birthday parties?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Obama hates white people!!!

Oh wait, this isn't in the D&D??

Grrr, traffic!

8. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

$10,000 to get close enough to talk about the tickets. Results may vary

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Make sure to stress that the ticket was written by a white cop.