1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama exposed for his obvious hypocrisy over super PACs and their ads

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 9, 2012.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Anyone else find this funny considering the source?

2. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Eh, I don't really pay to much attention to any of the small three these days. Ironic, but typical.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What is Romney hiding in his tax returns?

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what a right-wing cry baby thread. NOt only are they liars now, but total whimps....what a joke.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Over 50% of superpac money has been contributed by just 47 persons.

Ok, libertarians/conservatives defend this.

If continued this will be the death of democracy and is an an abomination of the intent of the Founders of this country.

However, Obama can rightly be criticized for being hypocritical because he encouraged his supporters to start a superpac, too.

The only way it would be not hypocritical is if he started a strong i.e., very un- Obama like charge to change this after his reelection and explains clearly why he reluctantly had to accept the money.

We will never have decent politics until we have a president and elected officials elected who are not beholden ( read bribed) by the wealthy.

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

now they've gone too far...

--
    'Romney Murdered JonBenét Ramsey,' New Obama Campaign Ad Alleges
    AUGUST 9, 2012

CHICAGO—With campaign rhetoric becoming increasingly heated and both presidential nominees releasing more attack ads, a new 30-second spot from the Obama campaign this week accuses his opponent Mitt Romney of committing the 1996 murder of 6-year-old beauty pageant queen JonBenét Ramsey.

Titled “He Did It,” the advertisement asks if anyone can truly remember where Romney was the night of the child’s murder, and whether the U.S. populace wants a president capable of strangling a little girl and dumping her body in her parents’ basement.

President Obama appears at the end of the advertisement to approve the message.

“I think this is a fair ad, and I think Mitt Romney owes an explanation to the American people as to why he murdered JonBenét Ramsey,” said Obama campaign manager Jim Messina, who called the commercial’s black-and-white reenactment of Mitt Romney carrying a kicking and screaming child to her death “accurate.” “Ultimately, voters need to know who they’re getting with Mitt Romney: a job- and child-killing businessman who is so deceitful he won’t release his tax returns or admit to a senseless murder that shook the nation to its core.”

Scheduled to run in multiple swing states, with significant airtime in Ramsey’s home state of Colorado, the ad criticizes Romney not just for killing the prepubescent girl, but for going to extreme lengths to cover it up. It also states that Mitt Romney paid former school teacher John Mark Karr to falsely come forward as the murderer, and accuses the former Massachusetts governor of being a sex offender.

Over a silhouette of Romney walking away from the Ramsey mansion—blood dripping from his hands—the commercial’s narrator asks, “If Mitt Romney kept the murder of JonBenét a secret from the American people, what else is he hiding?”

Moreover, at the end of the spot a smiling Romney is seen at a campaign event saying, “I killed her, and I had a good time.” Sources from the Romney campaign were quick to announce that the audio and video had been cobbled together from different statements he made during that particular rally.

“Personally, if I killed JonBenét Ramsey, I would have come clean and told the American people that on day one,” Obama’s communication director David Axelrod said on Sunday’s installment of Meet The Press. “But I think that’s a key difference between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. Barack Obama never murdered a child, and Mitt Romney did.”

According to sources at Obama’s Chicago headquarters, the “He Did It” commercial is just the first in a new series of attack ads that accuses Romney of drowning actress Natalie Wood in 1981, convincing cult leader David Koresh to burn down the Branch Davidian ranch in Waco, TX, and causing the Challenger disaster.

“I think these ads will end up being very effective,” former Bill Clinton campaign strategist Dick Morris said. “If you are an undecided voter and you are constantly seeing images of Mitt Romney standing over a child’s lifeless body, or, as in the case of the ‘Zodiac’ spot, shooting two high schoolers at point blank range on their first date, that’s a pretty persuasive image right there.”

Added Morris, “This ad very effectively reminds us that no child murderer has ever been elected into the White House.”

Though the Obama campaign has denied it, many Beltway observers have said the advertisements are retaliation for the Romney camp’s highly controversial ad, “Boom,” which accuses the president of being the fertilizer bomb that destroyed an Oklahoma City federal building in 1995.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Can somebody please explain to Basso that the Onion is satirical and that the story is not true.

Sadly most of the dittoheads will probably think it is true.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Now they've gone too far! Lol

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not that I care but I just found it amusing because Mitt does not have four years of being President of the United States under his belt. An incumbent's Presidential experience will always be superior because...uh...they are the only one to really know what it is like and what it involves.

Obviously you will say Obama sucks and Mitt will be better but it is funny to say Mitt's experience blows away Obama.

Hahahaha...you don't understand politics. Or chronology and you might be having a psychotic breakdown and not really know if you are not a fish. It is confusing and a little scary. I would offer you help and hope but I am just a plastic sunken treasure.

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

wait ... does basso actually think that article is real?

11. basso

Supporting Member

there's a special investigation on the history channel right now into whether Mitt kidnapped the Lindbergh baby...

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

He did.

I'm waiting for the expose on his taxes. It won't be nearly as comical.

13. basso

Supporting Member

“How does it strengthen our country to pollute our politics with false and mean-spirited attacks?” -- Bill Burton, 2008

14. basso

Supporting Member

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So fun to see the big three (TJ, Basso, & Bigtexx) squirm so much. THis is a fun thread!

What do you call a thread with the 3 biggest right-wing evangelists blowing their top?

Triple Vesuvius!

16. mc mark

They should have lived in MA

17. mc mark

Can't wait for the next Romney PAC ad.

18. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Everything in this ad is a factually true statement.

19. basso

Supporting Member

you've missed the point.

20. basso

Supporting Member

D'Ohbama!

Obama Campaign Admits Knowing Story Behind Man in Super PAC Ad

One day after claiming the Obama campaign had no knowledge of the story of the man included in a pro-Obama super PAC ad, spokeswoman Jen Psaki admitted the campaign had worked with him before.

“No one is denying that he was in one of our campaign ads,” Psaki told reporters aboard Air Force One, referring to Joe Soptic, who was shown in a Priorities USA Action ad linking Mitt Romney to Soptic’s wife’s death.
    “What’s clear here, again, is that we’re focusing so much on an ad that has not run yet, that was done by an outside group,” she stressed.

In the ad, which Priorities USA Action still plans to air later this week, Soptic, a former GST Steel worker, explains how he lost his job and health benefits when Romney’s Bain Capital closed his plant. Soptic’s wife later became ill and died shortly after she was diagnosed with cancer. “I do not think Mitt Romney realizes what he’s done to anyone, and furthermore, I do not think Mitt Romney is concerned,” Soptic says in the ad.

Psaki cautioned against comparing the Priorities USA ad to Romney’s campaign ad attacking the president’s welfare reforms, which she called a “bold-face lie.”
    “We know that there’s a debate that’s going on out there between ads on the airwaves,” she said. “But there’s been a bit of an apples-to-oranges comparison here, when we’re comparing an ad that has not even run, by an outside group we have nothing to do with, with an ad that is the basis of Mitt Romney’s campaign right now, that is a bold-face lie about the president’s record on welfare. And I think that’s frustrating to us because they’re being compared at the same level.”

Going a step further, Psaki said that no one was asking the Romney campaign to explain ads being run by the Republican super PAC.
    “I saw an ad yesterday that is being run by a Republican outside group that questions whether the president was born in the United States and shows a picture of his birth certificate with a question mark on it. No one is asking the Romney campaign about that ad and what they think about that ad. So as we talk about apples and oranges, that’s the apples-to-apples comparison I’ll leave you with,” she she said.

In response, the Romney campaign said the president’s campaign had been caught lying.

“The Obama campaign acknowledged today that it ran a television ad and hosted a conference call that promoted the same despicable attack that was used in a discredited ad run by President Obama’s Super PAC,” Romney spokesman Ryan Williams said. “The Obama campaign has now admitted that it lied to the media and the American people in a disgraceful attempt to conceal their connection to this shameful smear. Americans deserve better – they deserve a president who’s willing to run an honest campaign and be honest about his own record.”