1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oakley talking to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trader Dan, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Trader Dan

Trader Dan Member

Sorry if this has been posted. I know we've talked about it before but now is the time to add Oak before it's too late. When healthy he's a good fit and with Spoon having some health problems I think we should go for it. Don't forget we're also still teaching the big fella how to play NBA ball and Oakley, I think, is the type of guy to do that.

Scroll down to the bottom
    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-040314smith,1,1657086.column?coll=cs-bulls-utility

I don't think he wants to play for Toronto and the Lakers don't need more guys not used to their system.

2. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I am all for it. With the success that we have with our other former NY players (MJ and Spoon), I would more than welcome Oakley. He can help add some much needed toughness to our team as well as additional playoff experience

3. notcool

notcool Member

Oakley? Why not approaching MJordan ?

4. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Reading some of the posts in GARM I am becoming disillusioned seriously.

What is a Rockets' fan?

To me it's somebody who roots for Rockets through the highs and lows.

But when I looked at today's game thread, I found a string of posts like this:

ZRB and A-Train are perennial legendry doom-Sayers, I don't mind that. But other posters !

For goodness sake, can't they have some faith in our current roaster?!! Or, are those people SUNS' trolls? If they want to cheer SUNS, by all means go to Sun's board ! Y'all are entitled to your own opinions, but to root for SUNS, Suncks.NET is a much better place !

I am going to let this out: I despise SUNS and SUNs fans. They are 2nd next to JAzzoles !

Last time I checked, this is still Rockets' board, not some bloody Arizona stinking tanking team's BBS.

:confused:

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Wrong thread homie.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

not really
    Here we are on a winning streak
    and
    we NOW want to bring in another ego/person
    that could disrupt the good chemistry

WHY NOT LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE!???

how about for a day or two .. sheesh

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

oh the rockets doing well now .. . going to the playoffs. . .
    NNNNOOOWWWWW you think you can just come and jump
    on the bandwagon

SCREW YOU OAKTREE!@!!1!!

Rocket River
    never wanted him
    but
    if he was coming . . he should have suffered through the
    growing pains like the rest of them :mad:

8. Trader Dan

Trader Dan Member

Hmmm, RR, maybe we could just be the bigger man here and welcome anybody, anything, that could potentially make us a better team in the short run as well as the long run.

Also, if Mo or Cato gets pissed I really don't care and I don't think it matters that much. Mo and Cato rigth now are happy with 18 minutes a game, not trying too hard to get 30 minutes.

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Completely off Base, most unsuitable, over the hill, bad character. Yao Ming will have no respect for Oakley.Wrong time of the Season to be trying this experiment. We need to develop our chemistry not disrupt it.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well, his hope may be futile, I think its too late to add players to your playoff roster as the league deadline has passed.

11. ty185

ty185 Member

lol. come on olliez... while you are respecting the perennial legendary doom-sayers, give some respect to those doom-sayers-wannabe as well :D

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I thought this too when I first read this thread. Perhaps not?

I'm against it. JVG already has his rotation set up, and we're on our longest winning streak of the year. Not exactly the best time to make such a change. If it had been 3 months ago, I would've thought about it. But it's way too late into the season now.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I believe the deadline applies to when you were cut from your last team, not when you sign with your new, playoff-bound team. If playoff teams need to pick up scrubs that no one wanted during the regular season to go to battle in the playoffs, I don't expect them to last very long. But, I'm sure Oakley's different.

14. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

We can keep signing him to 10 day contracts even after the deadline... although I don't see why we would want to. He's an idiot, like RR said.

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Charles: It's over, man. You had a good run.

16. Buck Turgidson

If we could turn back the clock & get a 25 yr-old Oak, he'd be a perfect fit next to Yao.

Alas...it's a bit silly now.

17. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

You can only sign him to TWO 10 day contract, then you either sign him for the reminder of the season, or cut him.

But, why do we need another 40 yr old former Knicks?

19. sup123

sup123 Member

20. Toast

Toast Member

I think Oakley's a little too long in the tooth.