1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oakland (2-1) @ Texans (1-2)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Noon on CBS

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

3-0

I have the Raiders D and I desperately need a win this week. Of course, I'd take 81-0 and a fantasy loss over a Texans' loss any day of the week.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Oakland was pretty good on Sunday, and will be better with Collins at QB...The Texans should have momentum from the KC win...

Texans: 24

Raiders: 17

Go Texans!!!

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Raiders don't really have any serious weapons. This is a winnable game.

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Texans: 24
    Raiders: 10

At least you guys don't have to dodge the bullets and knives of the Radier Nation like we do here in SoCal ... Lets hope the Texans put them in their place

6. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

The Texans are feeling confident again and Oakland doesn't really have anything too special about their team. I'm a little scared of what Sapp might do, but other than that, I think this is easily either team's game to win.

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Texans 24
    Raiders 21

I think the Raiders will shutdown our running game but the offense will find a way to pull this out at home. The Raiders have the best special team duo in the NFL (Buchcanon,Gabriel) so watch out for them. Woodson vs Johnson should be fun to watch also.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Carr can (have the option to) cut his hair

Texans 27
    Raiders 17

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Give me the TeXaNs for 99,999 and the L.A. Ride-ons for 1 (is this even possible?)

But, seriously, folks...

Texans 34
    Raiders 19

10. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

The raiders just aren't very good.

Texans - 24

Raiders - 13

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Texans 21 Raiders 17

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Texans - 31

Raiders - 20

evening up at 2-2 would be really nice.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I would love the Texans to win, but I think they can't hold back that pass and rush defense.

Raiders 24
    Texans 17

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Raiders 24
    Texans 17
    (I fergot to add my :( )

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I want to you all to remember some names for this sunday.

Danny Clark.

Ronald Curry.

Doug Gabriel.

Goooooood, you'll be seeing a lot of them.

Will the Raiders win? Possibly, but it won't be easy against a team that for the most part, runs the same defensive scheme as they do.
    What you'll see from the Raiders is a lot of different schemes, with players changing positions, a lot of blitzing, and not just from the LBs, Woodson will probably be sent 2-3 times.

I think Charles Woodson has allowed 1 reception this season so far, but I'm sure Andre will be able to make a few nice moves and free himself up, I wouldn't look for him to have a huge day though, unless he is working zone over the top.

The Raiders running game is suffering, Wheatley and Fargas have been highly innefective until last week when Wheatley was able to get 100 yards vs a stout Tampa Bay Defense. The Texans will probably have little trouble containing the running game. I doubt they will be able to get much pressue on Collins though, the pass protection for the Raiders has been superb in recent weeks.

Domanick Davis will not be able to run the ball against the Raiders very well, but he should be able to catch passes out of the backfield. If I had to predict a big game from anyone on Houston I'd Say one of the WRs other than Johnson should be able to beat our weak safeties deep and make some long catches. I'd look for Armstrong or Bradford to try and take advantage of the coverage early and often.

Special teams plays an important factor in many games, Phillip Buchanon is a dangerous return man with blazing speed and a knack for making the big play, he has scored 7 TDs in just 22 games from the CB position. Shane Lechler is the NFL's finest punter and he will pin you deep down in your own territory. Janikowski has finally developed into an accurate kicker, although he'll never be worth a 1st round pick. Stanley is among the league's best in punts inside the 20, so field position will probably be issues for both teams early on.

You will notice the Raiders will alternate their WR packages, You'll see Jerry Rice and Jerry Porter early on, and later on Rice will be replaced by guys like Curry and Gabriel. Alvis Whitted is also an option with his olympic speed. Kerry Collins has a much stronger arm than Gannon, and he will look deep often, especially for Gabriel. He is not as conservative as Gannon however, and will force a few throws and make a couple bad decisions.

Overall... The Raiders have not won on the road since 2002, and will have some trouble against a Texans team that will exploit both our weaknesses. I see a decent day for both offenses, mainly on the passing side with both QBs possibly topping 300 yards. Texans will probably win on a late drive and FG, as has been the case in seemingly all our road losses.

Texans 31
    Raiders 28

16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I like the Texans, but I see the Raiders winning this one. Kerry Collins bring a different dimension to this team and I see him having a big game against the Texans secondary

Raiders: 17
    Texans: 10

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Just heard David might be out, with Hollings in? Any update on how long Davis is out?

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Domanick Davis didn't practice today but he should still play, Hollings is out for the season and Jonathan Wells is the backup.

damn, what team am I a fan of again?

19. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Did i miss something?

20. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Hollings out for the season????? Where did you see that??