1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

O.J. Mayo: UFA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Jun 29, 2012.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm sorry but Mayo is a good solid player.

Problem is Lamb can do the things he can we are hoping.

Lee brings a different aspect in that he is one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA. You don't just let him walk.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Mayo is terrible. Pass.

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

He's nothing special for a team that doesn't have a direction. He'd be a good addition to a solid team, looking to make a run. He's not worth the time and money for us (at the moment).

4. cocoloco

cocoloco Member

retain lee at a reasonable contract and have lamb as his backup. hold the mayo please.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Lamb is give to Orlando if we trade for Dwight. Are Dwight and Mayo buds?

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

OJ Mayo?

Houston should sign OJ Mayo. At this point we have only Asik if CHI dont match with a lot of talent going out the door. OJ Mayo can help this team sign & trade him for KMart.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

lets not sign players for the sake of signing players. Mayo nothing special.

8. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

Are you Crazy Mayo Nothing Special?

9. smr6

smr6 Member

Mayo isn't an improvement over K-Mart when you look at impact on the team. He is a better individual player but it won't change the team. I'd rather keep Martin's expiring contract and just keep caproom and stockpiling draft picks at this point.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I've never spent time in a mental institution, although i may need to after this thread.

11. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

why ? he plays SG, we (unfotunately) got Martin and we should give PT top Lamb, so no, no Mayo for me

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

The Grocery List?

13. Coreyls18

Coreyls18 Member

Ive been wanting this to happen. Get rid of Martin. Id love having Mayo/Lamb at SG.

14. dc1985

dc1985 Member

I'm with you. I would rather have Mayo over Martin. Personally I believe Mayo is a change of scenery away from realizing his true potential. Martin is as good as he will get.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

right now morey is obviously focusing on acquiring a center. the fact that he has been clearing cap space shows me that there are more options at center he is pursuing other than asik. he could take on a center with a larger contract or have to take on extra salary along with a center. he isn't going to waste cap space with a redundant signing like mayo

16. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

You might Have to. Oj Mayo 15.2 PPG Carrer. Mayo was selected by West Virginia Sports Writers Association 2007 recipient of the Bill Evans Award for the state's boys basketball player of the year. Mayo sent Huntington High School to its third consecutive Class AAA basketball championship.

17. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

The Promblem is Why Are we signing Asik Resign Camby. I mean Asik is Excellent well not excellent but good in Defense but is Somewhat Offensively.

18. Summer Song Giver

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Sounds like a Morey's Buckey List.. Sign em just to sign em before I sign out