1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYDailyNews] Rockets Offer Brooks And Battier For Rubio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mooch, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Mooch

Mooch Member

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

wow, that would have been interesting.

3. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Damn the rockets are really high on this kid. Thats a pretty solid offer for just Rubio, it would have made the wolves instantly better.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Apparently, the Wolves are grossly overestimating the value of a player that doesn't even want to play for them. Either that, or they've gotten some incredible deals from other teams and are just taking their time making a decision.

5. mic

mic Contributing Member

Get it down?

Well, this is the first really concrete thing we've heard. I guess it's not going to happen?

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

theres not much minnesota could do with battier. plus theres no use for brooks when they already have flynn.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'm interested to see who else would have been included in the deal. The salaries dont add up. I'd still rather keep Brooks though.

8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Wow, Morey must think Rubio is the real deal.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

stupid trade move...

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

it is about money if anything... Rubio will bring in more international endorsements... more money for Les.

It isn't a talent issue. That move will literally destroy the team.

11. tmacandyming1

tmacandyming1 Member

That would be one of the only mistakes by morey

12. TreP3

TreP3 Contributing Member

Damn Morey, just let it go. The kid's probably not worth it. That is a pretty good deal. Battier's influence on a young team like that could be BIG.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Not literally.

Every team in the league could use Shane Battier on their team in some way, and I would guess that drafting Flynn doesn't exclude them from bringing in another PG.

14. AB#0

AB#0 Member

Damn it's about time we have a new interesting thread... :p

Can't really blame the T'Wolves for turning this down. Flynn is there future point guard. Battier could be nice leader for the young guys. Add Landry, and I think we would see number 9 or 6 in Houston.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

For being such an "invaluable" player, it certainly seems that nobody wants Battier. No rumors of anybody approaching the Rockets and inquiring about Shane either. Just a little something to make you go hmmmmmmmm....

16. jvu

jvu Member

Quite an offer to get decline and minn gets nothing but trade value out of battier/brooks. I don't think we have much to offer other than Tmac and his expiring contract.

17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

battier isn't giong to do anything for minnesota. he can dive for balls all year, minny still won't make the playoffs. i think u guys are overrating "veteran leadership". it would be a really bad trade for minnesota. two non all-stars for a potential star in rubio.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

thats a major move.

as i see it, we were one win away from the conference finals... and we could've taken the nuggets and the magic. this team just needs to move tmac for a perimeter scorer. no need for a major shakeup until it's time to part with yao and rebuild.

19. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I think the Rockets are being used as leverage to get a better offer form the Knicks. The T-wolves already know how badly the Rockets want Rubio. We are at a disadvantage in our position.

20. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Rubio is a good player but he is not better than Brooks plus Battier.

I hope this is just a rumor.