1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NYC child on Same Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by across110thstreet, Jun 15, 2012.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

a very bright and compassionate young man reads his statement on gay marriage to a NY1 reporter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gumC-x_V-NU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"some adults may feel uncomfortable and think its inappropriate to talk about this to children. I think adults must realize that as children get older, they become aware of these mature issues that are going on in the world. if children read or watch the news, they can learn about things like same gender marriage, so what's the point of trying to hide it?"

1 person likes this.
  2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That is outstanding. A black young man making sense about gay marriage probably gave at least one bigot out there a heart attack.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

What gay people do in their bedroom is their business, not ours. It shouldn't even be an issue to the other 90-95% of the population, but the gay agenda has literally pushed gay rights down our throats, and anyone who's opinion doesn't fall into line with the gay thought train is labeled a bigot.

Marriage will always be between a man and a woman in my opinion.

How sad that a woman wants to marry a woman that acts ( and sometimes looks ) like a man, and that a man wants to marry a man that acts like a woman.

My opinion. 1st amendment.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Why do you even care? With so many social issues that really matter (poverty, sexual abuse, disease, war, etc.)

1 person likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's bigoted is wanting different rights for people with different sexual orientation. It's also bigoted to stereotype like you just did with what gay couples act like.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Should everyone who works for a company be given equal pay, regardless of position? Are there different regulations for people who do different things?

Also I didn't stereotype anyone, if you can't see that without me explaining it, i apologise.

Anyway, there is enough hate in the world, I don't hate anyone. I'm just not a big fan of a few things in today's world...but what can you do.

Nook was right, why do I even care...this is a non issue.

God bless y'all.

7. Hightop

Hightop Member

It is so wonderful that Obama stopped being a bigot a couple months ago.

Someone needs to teach this kid about the separation of marriage and state. I'm sure his government school will bring it up.

8. across110thstreet

"Marriage is about love, support, and commitment. so who are we to judge?"

the kid is more mature than half the people in this forum. he's got a level head on his shoulders.

it's not about "what gay people do in their bedroom". it's about wanting to spend the rest of your life with the person you love.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Marriage will always be between a man and a woman, as a society predicates and dictates. In ancient times, it was more like a man and pre-teen/teenage girl...one man, one wife, and four hundred concubines .... one man and 50 wives with five hundred concubines. I also must say for alot of women in many societies (not all) . . . they were married against their well, oftentimes being in arranged marriages. There are several different types of arrangement, which could constitute traditional marriage

http://www.ukapologetics.net/concubine.html

I even like to ask Christians...what is a Christian marriage? How is it different from other forms of traditional marriages (or even how is it, better)? Why is a Christian marriage taken precedence within civil marriages in the United States or other societies that separate church and state.

Don't mean to hurt your feelings, but there women out there who genuinely turned off by anything masculine, even in women. While, I've seen gay couples that don't have any hints of flamboyance or femininity, yes two masculine guy couples.

Not true, it's only when people have inane reasons or make silly/misguided comments about the subject.

1 person likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The only difference is, in Christian Marriage you have a guy in front that says the whole "Mawwidge is what bwing us together tooday, Mawwidge dat Bwessed awwangement"

Seriously though, from my interpretation anyway. Christian marriage involves having a higher power as some sorta witness for the couple union. I guess Christian couples also wants some kinda blessing from God himself, because in their mind, getting married, and eventually having kids is a holy matter.

1 person likes this.
  11. edwardc

edwardc Member

dude you funny .

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So tell me, how big an influence does your religious affiliation have on this opinion?

13. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

FIFY.

Why you mad at gay people? It's not like the dudes are stealing your woman. If the women are stealing your woman, maybe you should take a step back and look at yourself.

Basically, if people of the same sex loving each other is threatening to your faith, maybe the problem is with your faith and not with gay people getting "married."

Marriage is meaningless, anyway. If you love someone, be with them. The sanctity of marriage doesn't stop people from divorcing or cheating on their spouses, so it can't be that special. If people viewed marriage more as a commitment to each other and less as a commitment to god, maybe we could actually make some progress.

Protip: God doesn't give a **** who you marry. If god even exists, I'm sure it has more important things to worry about.

Do us all a favor, just change your name to BrokenRecord and get it over with already.

Your act is tired, juvenile, and repetitive.

1 person likes this.
  14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol poor kid

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Gay rights is definitely a nice cause if you're a human rights advocate. And humans rights should be a prerequiste, not an option.

Though I'm convinced its less altruistic, 60% personal, and its mostly about not wanting to see people we look up to and our favorite celebs in "that" way. Or for a lot of people, it is more "Hollywood cause" than we care to admit.

2 people definitely deserve the right to marry if their common bond is love. Though I think less people would REALLY be open to have their area turn into a flambouyant West Hollywood gay landscape

"8 out of 10 of my neighbors are gay couples - I'm good with that!" Unlikely. But yes, the kid has it right

16. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

There is one big, big problem with letting the gays get married.

As soon as they tie the knot, they will get all bold, and immediately start butt****ing IzakDavid13.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Well when you can marry the Eiffel Tower, a WAREHOUSE, and a video game, but an adult can't marry another adult, something's a bit inconsisent there. How can you say thats right? Those things are not just between man and woman

[​IMG]
    Its really simple: 2 adults should be allowed to marry - yes. Period.

Though its the after-effect culture dynamics that people are more concerned about. I do think there's the LGBT support that does shame your level of "intolerance". I don't like that either. Cuz in advance "you dont understand", you're the bad oppressor, and you have to allow yourself to hear an over-persuasive message of how wrong you are and how better you can make the world. (And you do gotta listen, but it is annoying).

18. Raven

Raven Member

Calling people who oppose gay marriage bigots has been a disaster for gay rights. You don't convince people to reconsider their position, especially on a hot button issue, by calling them names.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They are bigots whether they want to acknowledge it or not is kind of irrelevant.

It looked like the kid was just reading off that paper, I wonder if he really knows what he is reading.

20. across110thstreet

they are his words.

he was reading from an contest winning essay he wrote which has brought controversy to his 'government school' which had previously banned him from presenting his essay to his Fifth Grade Class. (Hightop faints)

the importance in this story is not the controversy, but that the words he used in his essay reflect the way you can talk to kids about this taboo subject-that for some reason frightens parents.

the other parents can choose whether to let their children participate in the assembly.