1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Times: Rockets preparing to offer Martin and Knicks draft picks for Carmelo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Sep 21, 2010.

1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

If he sulks on the bench and lets his play effect him on the court, he needs to get benched.

This is a business first and he's man enough to know that.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

why? Martin know he is not a superstar, yet is being discussed as the centerpiece of a trade for a superstar. Over 50% of NBA player are mentioned in trade rumors, they don't come out unmotivated because of it.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

signed,

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. H-Rockets

H-Rockets Member

I dont think Morey has his mind set on trading Martin. If anyone is gonna go, i think its Brooks.....as much as i like Brooks on the team, i would hate to see him go, but if it means getting Carmelo then so be it. We still have Smith to back up Lowry and plus i heard that Chris Paul and Carmelo are best friends... ;)

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The

Nuggets

Do

Not

Need

Brooks

DD

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah, because an undrafted rookie PG in Ish Smith makes Brooks expendable.
    I'm not sure why they would be interested in Martin either, frankly. I would have thought they would prefer a young gun package to go into full rebuild mode.

7. H-Rockets

H-Rockets Member

yea, your right...

8. Classic

Classic Member

Damn straight!

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

They will just accumulate some assets for the deadline.

10. Prince

Prince Member

i also have doubts about Melo ( being like tmac) but if we're just losing Martin and draft, i'd do it.

11. bloop

bloop Member

He's right they dont need brooks.

I love Martin for the Houston Rockets but I'm not sure he would be too tantalizing for a rebuilding franchise. There's a reason why it made sense for Sac to dump him in favor of younger players.

12. Prince

Prince Member

TRUST MOREY!​

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

if we trade AB we would have to add a 3rd team but what team in the league needs a point guard that would be willing to give up good talent, then we trade Hill, Jeffries and our NY picks to denver.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, No, No!!! Why??!! Don't trade Martin!! As a matter of fact don't trade anyone. Keep this team together. :mad:

15. H-Rockets

H-Rockets Member

^^Morey can only make the better.....right?

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

all talks are meaningless until rox figure out yao' issue. we can't have him playing just 24 min and still keep him. yao has to play around 32 min otherwise dump him to start over. don't give me BS. what i mean here is to start him slowly but at the end of the regular season, he has to play around 30 min not stupid 24 min for every game. that stupid doctor is really ruining rox. i don't understand how the hell he comes up 24 min for every game of the regular season. why every game? so what the number is he going to come up if yao doesn't have any setback after the whole season? 25 min for next year? 26 min for the year after next?

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The article nowhere mentions that Carmelo would sign an extension with the Rockets, in fact it mentions otherwise. The ONLY way you trade for Melo, is if you get him to sign an extension. And as of now, I don't see that happening..

Plus, I see Melo going to New York. I think that he'll stick it out in Denver this year, and just sign with New York when the season ends. If you have been following him on twitter, he LOVES New York and he's not afraid to say it. Him and Stoudemire are usually chillin in NY, so I wouldn't doubt they are planning something like Wade, Bosh, and Lebron did.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Then you pull the offer off the table......

DD

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

NO....

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=23b86dj