1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Times: Rockets preparing to offer Martin and Knicks draft picks for Carmelo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Keep MARTIN!!

Melo is the next T-Mac... over-paid underperformer

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Sure hope to God you're right double D! No one has ever precisely predicted a Daryl Morey trade anyway.

3. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

I got to disagree with you on the defense there. I'm not saying mello is much better at d but at least he's a bigger body to size up with the lakers

4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

When the rockets aquired T-mac we knew he had back problems but we took a chance with him... how did that turn out?

So let me ask you this knowing Martin is injury prone who is more likely to be the next T-mac?

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

So if this happens, we are essentially getting Carmelo for Landry and McGrady? Not too shabby :)

6. Raven

Raven Member

In Morey we trust.

:)

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

right??

if morey is the genius you all think he is, then certainly his pursuit of anthony should tell you something.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I trust our front office but man I like Martin.

9. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

You seem to know a lot about the Rockets plans there. Of course we're not actually offering a fringe all-star in his best years for a bona fide superstar :rolleyes: .

I love Martin's game, but come on dude.

10. MadMax

MadMax's battlecry: you don't have great on the roster...don't let parting with "good" ever prevent you from obtaining great.

MadMax's suggested reading:

[​IMG]

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

What if the Nuggets actually say yes to the Rocket's deal?

It does make sense to prevent Melo from going to New York so the value of the draft picks from them doesn't plummet down.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is not a huge surprise that the Rockets would be involved in talks with the Nuggets but the question is... what are they looking to give up here? Feigan, Chronicle writer, wrote that the Rockets would certainly involve Martin in the trade. But those are FEIGAN's words not the Rockets.

The NY times is considering him a source. I trust Morey enough to know that he isnt going to go all in on Anthony and give up the team for him. As hard as Morey pushed to get Kevin Martin the past 3 years I just find it hard to believe that he would give him up for Melo.

In this league, you really need three All-Star caliber players to win it all and Morey knows this. That is why I believe he will do everything he can to not involve him. My guess is that they are trying to involve a third team and give up Brooks instead.

1 person likes this.
  13. MadMax

uhhhh..welll...then...uhhhhh....

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well, Morey doesn't think he's at Melo level. If you think about it.

Would you trade T-mac and Landry for Melo and Jeffries?

I know I would.

15. MadMax

he also thinks very very highly of Courtney Lee...and wanted to draft him. he acquired him, instead....making Martin expendable if you have the chance to bring a player who is of the caliber of a Carmelo Anthony.

16. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

what about the kings-knicks-rockets trade? i think that was out for days

17. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I really don't want to give up Martin but if it means getting Melo then I'm okay with it. Morey knows what he is doing, he is the wizard after all.

In Morey we trust!

18. dobro1229

I am predicting a third team involved in this trade. I know that Morey does not want to give up Martin unless its Michael Freakin Jordan we are trading for, and will do everything he can from trading him.

19. dobro1229

Uhhh.... No.... nobody had a clue that we would get Kevin Martin out of it and Sacramento would be involved at all.

1 person likes this.
  20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

i think morey has alot of faith in lee, he see's things we dont because were blind. weve got to open our hearts and welcome Melo with open arms my brothas......LOL :grin: