1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY TIMES] I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, if this becomes the new normal, I'll look forward to you finally figuring it out when the same types of things happen to someone rocking a D instead of an R. If you don't think having disloyal people in the executive is a problem....well, again, you likely just think that due to who is currently in the white house.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I was clearly talking about Washington and how it works (dysfunctional as you put it) being exposed not a specific person or president. Trump is a first on many fronts but not first in regards to corruption, dysfunction, manipulation, etc...

4. foh

foh Member

I think disloyal people in executive is horrible. But..

I think if you are going to use a lie detector, then you should first use it on the liar in chief and then after that a SENATE can use said lie detector during cabinet confirmation hearings. Checks and balances my friend. I still believe in that concept. Your deep state conspiracies are not helpful to America's well being. Truth is out there and free press is out there and impartial law is out there - we should just try harder to promote it as oppose to wanting to blow it all up like some crazed up anarchists.

I don't buy your speculation that a two-track administration will continue being an issue - I see this as purely a Trump related outlier. Once there is another data point to confirm a forming trend, then I will feel that your words on the topic have more credence. For now you are just fear mongering to defend your idol as far as I am concerned.

I guess we'll have to wait and see after all cause this conversation seems like it's going nowhere.

5. adoo

adoo Member

the White House has been on a witch hunt for the leaker that hand written the NYT Op/Ed.
    Chief of Staff has come up w a list of 12 suspects; within minutes, news about the list was leaked to the NYT !

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/06/us/politics/trump-pence-pompeo-anonymous-op-ed.html

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, a self-proclaimed liberterian, recommended that the president force members of his administration to take polygraph examinations, and there was at least briefly some discussion of that among advisers to the president. Another option mentioned by people close to Mr. Trump was asking senior officials to sign sworn affidavits that could be used in court if necessary.

One outside adviser said the White House had a list of about 12 suspects.​

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You need to stop warping reality man

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

This was a Trump appointee

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think you are arguing a straw man - I never said it was noble or we should applaud it - just that they are in a very tough position and we need to be strategic vs partisan about this.

This op-ed is not a good thing. It's destabilizing and makes it harder to hold him in check.

We have a dangerous person in the office of the presidency - there are bigger risks here than who wins the next election. Replacing moderate Republicans with Trump loyalists is a dangerous road.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I’m doing as well as I was under President Obama. trump hasn’t improved anything for me that wasn’t already happening. But it’s not about just me. I don’t like the idea that the inability to tell the truth about even the most idiotic things has become ok. I don’t like that he gives a f***ing megaphone to nazis/white supremacists. I don’t like that he’s a petulant little baby with the emotional stability of a 3-yr old.

I can go on but whether or not I’m financially more or less stable has nothing to do with the idiot-in-chief. In fact, he’s made my job harder as stainless steel prices have gone up because of the tariffs and his horrific “negotiating” skills. I’m more concerned about what’s happening to other people. I believe government is a tool to help...not a tool of destruction and blatant racism.

The day he’s out of office will be a great day for this country.

Rashmon likes this.
  10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Anomynou*dentureswhistle*

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is amazing that the potential list of people in Trump's staff that could have written it is such a high number that they don't really have an idea who did it.

I think in most administrations it would be either one or two guys who would be the suspects. Now there are a dozen or more. What an embarrassment.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

14. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Keep seeing “haha it’s great because he knows he’s driving the liberals crazy” when the dude holds yet another rally, or tweet-rants in all caps at 3am, or plants obvious distractions at opportune times.

The world is watching this pathetic, broken narcissist claw for validation from his dwindling base (that he doesn’t even like) and he’ll only ramp up the batshit rhetoric as time goes on. It’s just such a beautiful microcosm of America’s pathological inability to self reflect or be honest with itself. I’ve got my popcorn ready.

Nook, B-Bob, DaDakota and 5 others like this.
  15. biina

biina Member

So Mattis is emotionally compromised?

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I finally figured out why Bobby likes Trump so much. They are mirror images. Both are actually stupid people who think they are extremely intelligent. Both have to go out of their way to call themselves smart and can't understand why so many people call them dumb. Simply put, both are delusional narcissists.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I could not stand his posts any longer. The one and only person I have blocked in 16 years on Clutchfans. It is fake intellect and superiority on daily display. I finally understood I did not need to waste any more time reading his posts.

Then you realize, he does not know he wastes his time here. Typically he just attempts to refute positions, while learning nothing, nor gain any perspective from other posters here.

Nook, Xenon, B-Bob and 6 others like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

John Galt says "Trump fancies himself..." a whole lot of things, none of which are based in reality.

19. Buck Turgidson

Lather, rinse, repeat 394 times a day.

peleincubus likes this.
  20. biina

biina Member

If the Democrats seize the house (as the likely will), I wont be surprised if the GOP tries to throw Trump under the bus next year, hoping to sacrifice him for a fresh shot 2020. All these leaks seem to be in preparation for it.

If GOP loses the senate, then I am almost sure they will do it cos Trump would seem to be more trouble than he is worth with Democrat Senate and Congress.

Luckily Trump wont go down quietly, so you need to have your popcorn ready.

DaDakota likes this.