1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY TIMES] I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would be a good idea in order to get rid of those unfit to hold those positions. Clearly it has been a problem since the start. Might as well start the final 6 years off fresh with a massive purge.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

it'd be good for Trump but bad for America. If the questions are "do you think Trump is fit for presidency" or "do you think Trump is an idiot" and Trump fires the people who lie he would be forced get rid of all of the only semi intelligent people in the WH. Hed then hire people so unqualified for the job with sub 75 IQs that they'd screw up things even worse.

peleincubus likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really, it would be a good thing for America to get rid of those emotionally too compromised by an election not going their way to do their jobs. In any situation like that you need to cut out the cancer that is people who aren't intelligent enough to do their jobs rather than engage in petty politics that hurt the country or company.

5. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

"Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it."
    - Donald J Trump accepting the Republican presidential nomination.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yeah he fancies himself supremely talented/capable, just not a paragon of virtue (like say a Comey or Kasich)

B-Bob likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump... paragon of virtue. I laughed.

8. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

It’s completely bizarre that you believe whoever thinks the President is unfit is an unhinged leftist and that this a work of pettiness? I’m conflicted with the precedent this sets and the way this individual chose to anonymously go public, but to think it’s out of pettiness really shows how much the facts completely escape you (or worse, that you willfully misrepresent every chance you get).

Can you not see that almost everyone who is EFFECTIVELY opposing this potus is a Republican?

I typed that whole thing knowing I shouldn’t engage you because you are here only to troll but, good god, you’re really reaching with that one. Your tactics are a cancer to this board - keep this comment in your file for review time.

peleincubus and B-Bob like this.
  9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I actually agree with this idea, although, for different reasoning. Let the man cause chaos, let him screw things up so bad that folks are ready to run him off to Russia if need be...if that’s what the results of his governing would do.

This country ends up with needed change when it has to deal with adversity. Trying to keep things in order only prolongs the inevitable and only forces things to further divide until that change occurs anyway.

We could have had that change when the big banks were going under, another Great Depression that might have fixed some of the growing issues in our economic system. Bailing out those banks only prolonged the problems and increased the gap in the classes in this country.

Now, more and more people on both sides want “outsiders” because they’re tired of watching the rich get richer while their paycheck doesn’t seem to stretch as far. Problem is that the rich are in control and continue to maintain that control no matter what the public decides. He’ll, our last election was between the two most unpopular candidates in modern history...yet, we have no other options because the rich want it that way.

Let it fail, let folks struggle, let true leadership emerge just as it has throughout this country’s history. Stop prolonging the inevitable just because you’re afraid. Let’s test the Constitution, hell, we haven’t had a new amendment in forever anyway. Let the child stick its hand on the stove since it won’t listen and let it learn.

finalsbound and cur.ve like this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What petty politics? This guy or girl is a Republican who agrees with a lot of the things Trump has done, yet still considers him to be irrational and outright dangerous for America. When you have someone that is mentally unfit and prone to outbursts like Trump, with all the power that he has, keeping him from doing harm to society is of utmost importance.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a big difference between merely feeling that the president is unfit and someone who would refuse to do their job and attempt to actively sabotage things as a result of those feelings. Benedict Arnold was an American hero and he had perfectly valid reasons to believe that the system was corrupt and his superiors were unfit to hold their positions.....but what he did was still treason. Now what these unhinged simpletons are doing is short of treason, despite them unwittingly aiding the enemies of the US with their actions, but they are still comparable. They are a cancer in the system that needs to be removed.....and you'd agree with me if the President rocked a D instead of an R.

12. foh

foh Member

You know that your great dear leader has picked his cabinet and senior administration officials, right? This guy is supposed to be the great white hope of a billionaire CEO capable of righting the ship that is America using his businessman acumen, no? This is HIS team. You ever hear of lie detectors in the private sector? You ever hear of the type of turnover and the number of exposes in any executive team of reputable stature?

Or would you rather executive branch to be run as a military operation with a bunch of YES-men blindly following commander's in chief orders? Do you not feel like this would be a step towards autocracy?

An involved answer would be great...

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure why you think it makes a difference who hired them....but it doesn't. As to lie detectors in the private sector, well any part of the private sector that deals with national security would involve them....and we're talking about people who deal with matters of national security. As to the turnover, we've never had a president face this level of hate since Lincoln....so it's not really a normal situation.

As to how the executive should operate, it should be a well oiled machine without individuals who would harm the country for potential political gains. Also, no, the executive branch functioning properly would not be a step towards autocracy and it's kind of a foolish suggestion.

If this keeps up, it'll become the new normal which means that it'll just be a matter of time till it happens to a Democrat and that'll be when your opinion will be completely different.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What in your personal life has become worse because of him since he has taken office?

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I laughed at the "supremely talented/capable" part...
    [​IMG]

TheFreak, RocketWalta and SamFisher like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given that I can't see who you are talking to, I'm pretty sure that they could tell you that their mental health has significantly taken a hit since they didn't get their way in the election. The constant temper tantrum going on in their head will lead to them being institutionalized if Trump wins re-election.

18. foh

foh Member

I must say that you are in denial if you think that the supposed hate has nothing to do with the type of person Donald Trump is. But that is besides the point.

You didn't address my two main points that a good leader naturally draws good followers and picks the right people for his team and that yes-men (achieved by lie detector) is not the way executive branch is supposed to function in an ideal democracy.
    The stuff about precedents is besides the point.

19. foh

foh Member

Give Trump a lie detector to use on people and he will make sure those people are blind followers (aka Ron Desantis type) in as many ways as he can think of. He loves blind loyalty.

20. adoo

adoo Member

"Trump officials, as well as Melania, denying they are anonymous NYT writer... Pence, Pompeo, Mattis, Mnuchin, Haley, Coats, Sessions, Azar, Alex Acosta, Wheeler, Nielsen, Haspel, Wilkie, Perdue, Perry, Mulvaney have all released statements personally or through their offices"

eerily similar to China

#140 adoo, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    B-Bob likes this.