1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] T-Mac to Knicks not a good fit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 11, 2010.

1. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

lol at the people who believe that "7 proposals on the table" means something different than that teams are offering something like eddy curry, jared jeffries, marbury, isiah thomas and allan houston for mcgrady, lowry and landry. other teams have good gms, too, and they know that morey is desperate...

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

McGrady's expiring contract is a genuinely valuable asset to anybody looking to free up cap space in 2010.

My guess is that McGrady's gone before the trade deadline.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

WTF are you talking about? Isiah Thomas? Allan Houston? Morey desperate?

maybe it's lost in translation.

if not, then...I don't really care

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sacramento?
    Washington?
    Heat?
    Warriors?
    Jazz?
    T'Wolves?
    Bulls?
    76ers?
    Knicks?

You can likely throw out the Jazz as they dont have any youngs or expiring contracts.

T'Wolves dont really make sense either.

Warriors? Rockets like Randolph but Warriors already said they wont trade for McGrady.

Alright I'll stop there. Pointless to play the guessing game.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't kid yourself.

Some teams just plain need a makeover and we'll wind up with an Iggy or at worst Caron Butler, maybe some 1st rounders, out of this.

6. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

How is DM desperate? Worst case T-Mac's contract expires leaving us an opportunity to fill in the blank via free agency during the off season.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I still find it amazing that Walsh thinks he can unload Jefferies, Curry, and/or Harrington on Morey. Walsh is in over his head on this one because no GM in his right mind will take on Curry and/or Jefferies without having a Chandler, Lee, or Gallinari attached.

8. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

thats what it sounds like to me too

9. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

6.) Parthenaikos - McGrady for VSpan plus filler. Adelman coaches him into an allstar just to get under JVG's skin. Brings Houston 1 player closer to a white boy power squad off the bench.

10. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Except if we let mcgrady's contract expire we can't sign anyone good without gutting the team.

I don't think yao+role players can even get to the conference finals.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

If there is ANY truth to the New York rumor that Toney Douglas -- or even Jordan Hill -- is the lynchpin for a deal, we are in real trouble with regard to a T-Mc trade. Hill at least has potential but plays a position with which the Rockets are happy. Douglas is not even as good an option as Jermaine Taylor -- so that's pretty sad.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Exactly. The whole gist of the article is that the Knicks aren't a good fit for a trade with the Rockets, not the other way around. That Morey doesn't have much interest and the Knicks might end up on the outside, looking in when McGrady is moved.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

yep, that's what got me, too ! :)

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah..wow is right. Good to see that DM is unwilling to take on crap players and their crap long term contracts just to move TMac.

BTW, the trademark thing is a new low :(

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

In defense of "yao+role players", getting to a Conference Finals is an accomplishment for ANY team in the NBA.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I would doubt it's so cut-and-dry.

The Rockets could use those players to fill spots that another trade might take away, or move the players to That Third Team.

I doubt Morey would be content with one or the other of those players. Wilson Chandler to me would be more of a "get", maybe along with Hill or Douglas, again, if only to fill a spot that another trade leaves open or move to, say, Philadelphia? (whatever team)

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Lee and Chandler would be nice.

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

where do you get that Douglas or Hill are lynchpins of any trade? All that is being pointed out is that NY is not a favorable trading partner for Houston, but then most of us didn't want much from NY anyway.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

What gets me is what do you notice in all the rumors out there? Position wise that is. PF. Whether it be Bosh, Randolph, or Hill. The only rumors involving a 2 guard is Kevin Martin and to a lesser degree Toney Douglas(which we just learned through this article.). And maybe I suppose you could throw Salmons name out there but I'm kinda surprised he is going "heavy" after PFs. Is it just me or do you see it too?