1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Knicks tiring of Francis' Act?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JoeBarelyCares, Dec 27, 2006.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so winning 45 games with cato, mobley, shanfreakindon anderson, and mo taylor was a detriment. I would disagree. I wasn't a rudy fan till the end, but he got more out of that team than they had on paper, because of francis.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yes i remember that well. like that year francis missed 25 games, and without him around to ruin the team we went 2-23 but only managed to be about a .500 team with him playing. another great team taken down by steve francis.

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I think Stevie has to be the focal point of an offense to do well. He's not really an effective player in the half-court either, which the Rox will be until Yao Ming retires.

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

can you imagine defensive drills at rockets training between Steve and Rafer.......

JVG would be like, " training is not over till one of you gets a stop!"

and then the next night it you read the box score and it would be DNP - Still training for both of them....

this team has significantly improved its BBall IQ since the Matador left... lets keep it that way

5. FFz

FFz Member

not a game. not a game. Practice. We're talking about practice.

okay now thats out of my system, i think this fine was a lil wrong. The guy was at a charity event and his plane got delayed. How the hell is that steve's fault. Is he suppose to hijack a plane or skip out on the event?

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If only he didn't make so much.

I'd love to see Francis back on the Rockets.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You missed my point. Put the SF of 5-6 years ago on today's Bobcats and they would win more games. But if you put him on a championship-level talented team like the Pistons were or the Lakers or the Spurs or [name your squad], he would bring them down. He's one of those guys that will improve a bad team but doesn't fit well when he's not the best player. He's talented but is an odd piece of a puzzle.

After thinking SF was the future of the Rockets, I changed my tune when it became clear he didn't mesh with Yao. They liked each other personally but on the court something was missing, and it wasn't just Yao needing to get better. When he went to the Magic and had friction with Dwight Howard, that told me right there he had to be the top dog and would not accept anything less. He isn't good enough to lead a team very far as the top dog. Maybe his Knicks experience will bring his view of himself down to reality. As an NBA basketball player, the rest of the world doesn't see SF the way he sees himself. He didn't build the Toyota Center.

8. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Isaih is an idiot, lets fine him for charity and because the plane wouldnt leave. That like firing a construction worker for not going to work because there was heavy rains. Thomas is the grinch who stole the knicks xmas...well the past 3 or 4 xmas's.

9. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

steve francis needs to be the first guard off the bench, who just drives the ball, as a change of pace

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Francis wouldn't be much of an upgrade over Alston. He barely shoots the three better than Alston and plays poor defense just like Alston. He's also developing chronic knee problems. Plus, Alston is a lot cheaper

11. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

glory? Francis was/is a immature punk who won 1 playoff game as a Rocket.

I was a fan of his effort but I am glad he is gone.

When will some of ya'll realize that it's not an accident when the same people are always late or messing up.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Stevie's game is all about dominating the ball, and he struggles when you take him out of that role. Unfortunately for him, he is not a good enough player to build a team around, like AI or Kobe. So, the best situation for him is probably being the go-to guy for a bad team so he can get his numbers and have the highlights on a team that is first round fodder at best.

13. spankz141

spankz141 Member

The way SF has been acting in NY the last few weeks, it seems like he wants out and im pretty sure he'll be traded by the deadline

14. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

Stevie has some very bad tendonities in his knee. A couple of weeks ago he was talking about how he could not dunk anymore. Right now, Stevie is physically unable to perform at a high level. However he will cash those high level New York Knick checks with a smile.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

it's funny how he's portrayed by the media. it was the same when he was in orlando, but his magic teammates had only good things to say about him.

16. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

who's going to take on his contract, along with the bad knees and need for the ball

17. docgundy

docgundy Member

SF3 had his best season as a complete player under JVG. I'd happily take him back as PG if he plays like he did in 2004. Sure, he didn't score, and his field goal % was down, but he was a complete pg. Give JVG credit for that.

18. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

No surprise. Francis has always been a problem player. When things don't go his way he sulks and becomes a team cancer.

19. Crocketball Fan

We can get Stevie as cheap as we got Bonzi if we just wait until next season when he becomes a free agent. His market value is at an all time low and we could use him given that McGrady will be out for min of 1/3 of each season he plays with back probs. Back problems are for life. Knee issues can be treated and for @.5 mil/season to bring him home we can use him. SF in 07/08! Besides, Yao loves him- TV5

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Francis is not a free agent until 2 more years after this season ends.