1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Andrew Bynum for Chris Bosh?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RoxTurk, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

I had my doubts about Bynum as well. For the last couple years, I noticed that he couldn't shoot, doesn't have a post-up game, and is injury prone. This year however, he's averaging career highs in just about everything, and based on the few Lakers games that I've watched, has developed a respectable interior game (post moves, baby hooks, etc) and has stayed healthy.

I don't think many people were high on him until this year, and until he goes into a slump or injures himself, he'll likely develop into a decent center in this league.

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Did you watch his games while Gasol was out? He was a 20/10 on 55%+ shooting, and this guy only turns 23 this year.

Bynum just needs a bigger role.

3. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Lol no. Bynum is prefect as a 2nd/3rd banana. Hell never learn how to handle a double team, hes just not smart enough.

4. Asian Sensation

Bynum just doesn't have the "it" factor to me. He will never be a player to build a franchise around and he's never going to carry a team. Sure, he's a great prospect (young, athletic, soft touch etc) and puts up respectable stats but he's also soft, lacks desire and disappears way too often. He could and should impose his will and play a bigger factor but he doesn't and I don't think he ever will.

5. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Well sure, he will be a second option, but has potential to be a 20/10 a season player, currently he rebounds and once in a while they will let him iso, on a team like Toronto he would flourish and one day could become a Boozer type 2nd option.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Which is precisely why the Lakers trading Bynum for Bosh would result in everyone else in the west having no chance.

None of what you said matters to Toronto anyway. They're not getting a franchise player for Bosh. Even from the Rockets, the best they're getting is Landry/Brooks. Neither of which will ever be franchise players either.

7. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

That guys is ABSOLUTELY the most overrated player in the NBA!

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It helps when BSPN is calling you the next Kareem because you play for the *akers.

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I've actually been wondering if the lakers would offer Gasol up for Bosh so that they could bring some more youth to their team. Bynum doesn't make as much sense to me from a Laker's perspective. Bosh and Gasol are redundant and would make the interior uber athletic, but uber soft.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's actually the opposite. He can't handle a bigger role. He thrives when defense is not focusing on him. He gets a lot of his points on put backs or set up by his teammates. That's why you can't put him as the focus of your offense and dump the ball inside for him to do his work. (Bosh, on the other hand, can take that role.)

He is a good rebounder and a good defensive presence. He just needs to learn how not to get into foul trouble.

He can be both overrated and underrated at the same time. A lot of people underrate him by just dismissing him like you do. But he is an athletic 7-footer with some offensive skills. He is just not very tough and needs a lot of maturing mentally. Again, he is a softer version of Dwight Howard, which is not bad. But if he is your #1 option, then you won't go anywhere.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In don't know how much this helps the Lakers...

A soft team gets softer...

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I always felt Bynum would ultimately land LA Bosh, Stoudemire, or even Paul. It just made sense... Pray its not Paul.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Said soft team has gone to the Finals the past two seasons with one championship. :confused:

If the Lakers somehow get Bosh for Bynum I doubt anyone would look at their team and say "Man, that's one soft team" when they literally have one of the most stacked teams in recent memory

Gasol
    Bosh
    Artest
    Bryant
    Fisher

Odom

My goodness.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bynum is softer than Bosh, and not as skilled. The only thing Bynum has an edge over Bosh is his size, and perhaps his still unfulfilled potential.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Bynum could be an Al Jefferson-lite, which still makes him a top center in the league. Getting it done on size and a very key piece on a team, but not enough to be THE guy that carries a team into a championship. Though Toronto WITH Bosh isnt sniffing a championship either.

Overrated or not, Bynum isnt Tyrus Thomas. He has the age and upside factor on his side over the more dependable Scola and Landry.

16. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

gosh the laker are being so nice can you feel the love this should inspire the rockets 2 offer brian cook &just 2 be nice how about it von wafer i think at least half the time a rumor is spread because the reporter was 2 drunk 2 make his deadline if the raptors can't get more 4 bosh than the west coast brendan heywood then we don't need hoops up north remember the expos i think the raptor are becoming the nba version

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

will say it again, anyone that thinks this wouldnt work or wouldnt be awesome for the lakers are fools. It would actually benefit toronto also because he is a presence on a team full of perimter players. Bosh and gasol together is destruction for everyone. Gasol played alot of center in memphis. Both are interchangeable, both excel high post in the triangle. It goes back to what i said when the rockets gave away the 8th pick which is the same slot bynum was taken. Rich gets richer maybe.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. And they would be 0-2 If the Celtics/Rockets were healthy...

Remember... The Celtics DESTROYED them... Lakers are soft...

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Misconception. Pau Gasol isn't soft, he was just taken aback by how physical the Celtics were which was understandable since he played for a lottery team his entire career. Look at their game last christmas, and their meeting early this season. Lakers punked their asses both times, and no matter how physical Perkins was with him Pau never backed down.

Ifs are never good for argument. What IF the Lakers played with intensity from the start and just played volleyball with the ball the entire series? For sure we wouldn't have gone 7 games.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Ummm . . . I believe that you are mistaken.

#1 - The Rockets had the 8th pick in the 2006 Draft , not the 2005 Draft . So, it would've been pretty unlikely for us to get Bynum. Though, we could've picked someone else that year, besides Luther Head. :) But to be fair, it was kind of a weak draft after 1st 10 picks or so.

#2 - The 8th pick brought us Battier, which has been good move for us ever since. Rudy Gay doesn't really fit any of our teams, since that year. He is a trigger happy wing who doesn't play outstanding defense. To top things off, I was one of the main people on this board p!ssed about the trade, but it turned out to be for the better. Also, we had no shot at Roy, since Portland landed him. So, they killed our original strategy, I believe...the other person the Rockets (Dawson/JVG) were thinking about drafting was Thabo Sefolosha. Gay wasn't in the team's plans at any point in time.

#3 - I disagree with you about the Lakers, that team rarely makes good draft picks, the last time that team made good draft pick outside of Bynum was with Jerry West in the 90s. All of their best players over the last decade have all been F.A. acquisitions or the sum of trades. I would've agreed with you, if it were the Spurs, Celtics, or Suns. But, the Lakers, most of their talent is bought or given as result of lopsided deal. In that sense, the rich does get richer, but I wouldn't necessarily call Kupchak the greatest GM in the world (I see him in the same light as I see Brian Cashman). Their four titles and six appearances are mainly because of that gigantic center who wanted to move his show to LA and a high school phenom who only wanted to play for the Lakers. It's the LA market, like New York, players flock to it. But, if it is the Yankees, there's usually a really big pay day, behind it ... for the Lakers it is usually at a discount.

1 person likes this.