1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Andrew Bynum for Chris Bosh?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RoxTurk, Jan 10, 2010.

1. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

You got any alternatives that bests the Bynum offer without gutting the team?

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder how Andrew Bynum feels about being thrown out there as potential trade bait...

3. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

I guess it all depends on how winning titles effects Bosh. I say winning cures all chemistry issues and he's happy to stay in L.A. I think Bosh is very skilled but his one flaw is he's not aggressive just like Odom he doesn't mind riding the coat tail of another player Kobe if the trade happens.

4. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Who cares?

He's playing like crap, did you watch LA game this year? He's like a ghost standing around when Gasol is on the court. He got his money and now it's time to sleep for him. I don't understand how everybody still this high on him.

He played like 30 good games in last 3 years and he's getting 14 million dollars. He's gonna be the next Erica.

5. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Enough ring is enough.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'm not a big fan of Bynum, and think he is somewhat overrated, but I think he will turn out to be a better player than the great, but sometimes delusional Erica Dampier.

7. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Bynum is inconsistent but still better than Erica he gets into foul trouble at times but when he's on the floor he is productive.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's why it might actually be good deal for the Raptors. They aren't winning anything or even going to playoffs with Bosh.

Still, can't quite understand L.A.'s side of it.

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This would stink really bad, and Not sure I could stand to watch the NBA is this happens. Having said that, not sure Bynum is what Toronto needs. They need a center who a great defender, and Bynum is completely not that person right now. He could get there but it ain't likely.

To be honest, the player Toronto needs to dump now is Calderon. That move may help them play decently this year maybe make a run in the playoffs to convince Bosh not to leave.

I have to ask. Are you actually trying to trademark your initials?

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree with what you said on Bynum, but isn't he a better defender than Bosh (who is nearly non-existent at times)? Though, he maybe thrusted into a role of being the guy of the team. Something, he has never been expected to do in LA.

11. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

Why do I keep hearing this is a done deal on ESPN forum? Bosh to LA for Bynum? the NBA is truly rigged if this happen.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Since I do like Bosh, I really wish he leaves Toronto next season just so people can realize that his defense is quite good.

LA will remain one of the best defensive teams in the league if the trade Bynum for Bosh. And they'll be even more unstoppable on offense.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Laker's triangle is equal opportunity. They go with whomever is open. Bosh is a reasonable man, I don't think he'll cause a hissy fit.
    And if anyone is adept at handling chemistry problems, PJ can do it.

Anyway this trade actually makes sense for the raps. Bynum might not like playing there but he and Bargnani would fit better than the raps' B2b combo. Bynum's an average player, but the East's so bad they don't need so much talent. More importantly Hedo and Calderon can do a great job of giving him the ball, and Bargani will make sure he has room to create. I can't think of a more favorable situation for Bynum to succeed basketball wise.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's weird Bynum would be up for a trade, he was the talk of the town around this time last season.

OT: I have a sim league team (game) that has losing record right now against teams from last year. Losing to teams, like the Pistons, Raptors, Grizzlies, and even an 18 win Wizards team without Arenas. It is pissing me off, because I have Wilt from 64, T-Mac from 05, Pippen (from the mid 90s), and Van Exel (from the mid 90s) as the stars. Supporting Cast includes Scola (from last year), X-Man McDaniel (Seattle years), Jim Jackson (98), Ron Perry, and Alonzo Mourning (05). They can't even beat the f#ckin' Wizards without Arenas, losing by 9. Pippen and Wilt are playing the best, averaging double doubles, with Scola (surprising) not too far behind. Though, Wilt is only scoring, like 21-24 ppg. The biggest disappointments are ...you guess it, T-Mac and Van Exel. Both are shooting under 34% in the season, while 3 FG% is so low...I don't even think it is real number. T-Mac's numbers are like 3/13, 4/12, 5/19, or 7/23, was he really that bad in 05-06? It's strange that team is great defensively, but can't score alot of points.

Though, I think I am fool for thinking any team that has Wilt, T-Mac, Pippen (in his prime), and Van Exel on it would co-exist in perfect harmony . . .

I guess talent doesn't trump all.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's like all of the losses, also come in the 4th quarter as well.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

David Stern will hold back on the hard cap idea for a little bit if this were to ever go down for the Lakers.

17. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Gasol has better post-up game than face-up game. He can shoot from mid-range but he's just average player out there. Baby hook using either hands over smaller player is his best weapon playing single coverage. When he plays on high post, he's mostly a facilitator.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bynum is not a go-to guy. He is athletic and is quite skilled. But he does not have the go-to mentality. He is good when he plays with one or two other stars. He is basically a softer (a lot softer) version of Dwight Howard. He would be pretty useless in Toronto.

19. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

I 100% agree with this! The combo of AB and PG is what caused the rebounding nighmare. They play "hot-potato" with us on the offensive glass. Bosh can be defended and boxed out by any of our PF's.

Also, remind me again who is going to hold a "pissed-off" Yao?

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lets talk about how stupid some of these GM's are. How the hell did a 7 foot beast in HS drop to 10 in the first place? I recall being really annoyed the night the Lakers got Bynum.

Ya he was skinny but you could see the obvious potential from a mile away.