1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Andrew Bynum for Chris Bosh?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RoxTurk, Jan 10, 2010.

1. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Why would Toronto even consider this?

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Bingo.

3. Chronz

Chronz Member

Toronto would be stupid not to accept

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Bynum is wrong guy for Toronto system; probably wrong guy for Toronto, the city. Shane and Scola are good for Toronto; basis of Bosh deal IMHO.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ugh,

It is not just about Bosh, I am not saying he will be a chemistry issue, it is the mix of the entire team.

When you add Bosh you take shots away from everyone else.

DD™

6. adoo

adoo Member

yip, Vescey is at it again, making up stuff.

the nex time his scoop comes true, don't hold your breathe, will be the first time.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

I would say yes if Mcgrady would have made a comeback, the problem is not Gasol, Artest, Fisher, or Odom... The problem is Kobe. If we can find a replacement close enough to what T-Mac was in 05 then Yes I would defently send the good guys out to battle the mighty Lakers and except a W. I cant see Gasol and Bosh stoping Yao and Landy down low but I can see it vice versa....

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sorry for the bunch of typos.. Yuck ^^^

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Looking at it from the other side, Bynum flourishes when Gasol is out. Bynum goes Eddy Curryesque with Bosh on the floor. Colange Jr knows this, I am certain, and would not read the height and stat sheet to make the deal, if it were even possible (Bynum is all but untradable until 7/1 due to base-year contract).

Bosh would make the Lakes dynastic-er, and Bynum would blow out of Rayland. This deal ainta happenin', folks, even if Philip wants it.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Toronto's system is wrong.

11. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

It's good for Toronto that the rumor is out there. If they work it right, they'll get rid of one of thier bad contracts as well as getting back talent.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I am probably in your camp for both teams . . . it doesn't make alot sense for either team in most regards.

But...

But, Toronto probably isn't going to get any better with Bosh as their star player. Considering they've only made the playoffs, twice with him (and that was under Sam Mitchell), as those two appearances stand as the only two winning seasons, since Vince Carters' version of the Raptors.

Bosh is top notch power forward in this league, top 5 -7, at least, but his style of play and attitude will probably not lead a team deep into the playoffs, or even out of the first round. At worst, another non-playoff appearance. As much as people like to criticize, players, like T-Mac, Arenas, Gasol (before the LA trade), Vince Carter, and Yao (mainly on this board, though). For not be able to win or carry their teams deeper into the playoffs, but I can say that most of these players were good enough to lead their teams into the playoffs with a good record and put up decent series against superior teams. I'd like to even say part of the reason the Raptors can't advance is, because of Bosh's playing style, which is not going to be efficient against greater defenses. Then, on the other side, he has been shown not to be an even adequate defender or one who is motivated to play at an adequate level. That's what might be the difference in the Lakers winning everything to coming close winning everything. Is going to be able to defend centers or elite power forwards or be expected to guard a team with good front line. Hard to say.

Bynum to Toronto is difficult to describe. It works in one sense of rebuilding without really rebuilding, extensively. He isn't (and won't be for now) as expensive as Bosh. Bynum is actually perfect for Toronto, defensively and rebounding-wise. He gives them inside presence at both ends and etc. I don't think this next one is a good reason, but people often say he won't be as distracted by playing in a smaller market (that is not really into basketball). Also, most of all, he probably for the time being becomes the center of attention for the Raptors' offensive scoring, also with an above average point guard (who isn't a scorer), he certainly going to get more opportunities to score, easily, while not having to compete with shots with Kobe, Artest, Odom, and Gasol. He could easily average 15 to 18 shots per game, while gradually improving the Raptors' low ranked defense.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Toronto still might like our package better, especially if we agree to take on Calderon. If not, we could counter with Yao, but I doubt Les is willing.

14. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I hope Bosh goes to LA, messes with their on=court chemistry preventing a championship this season and bolts in the offseason to Houston :) . That way, we don't give up assets in a trade to acquire him AND the Lakers lose Bynum.

15. TheMacster

TheMacster Member

Chemistry spill?

Well, what's prompting the Lakers' F.O. to even ponder this is the fact that they think Bynum_Gasol tandem isn't working as nicely as they thought it would be.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

perhaps. But not changing.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

How do you know that? At some point people figure out something doesn't work.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why not try it, and if it doesn't work out, LA gets out from under a very long contract with Bynum whom I think they believe they overpaid for....

DD

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Because IMHO Colangelo is a one-trick pony. :eek:

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I disagree.