1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Daily News] T-Mac Backstabbing Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blake, Jan 11, 2009.

1. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

The series was 3-1 and then, the Pistons found a way to stop him, all the team stopped. He was the only guy is the team. Us not getting past the first round isnt T-Mac s fault.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

star doesn't mean a better player or a more dominant player. grant hill was a more dominant player at the time and the ball would always be in his hands (note the high scoring and assist #s). if grant hill was healthy, tracy would have been a 2nd option.

3. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Who is the snitch?

4. mbiker

mbiker Member

And that's the Centers fault? Seems to me that the guards should be doing a better job of defending.

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Yes, its his fault we haven't got past the first round this year. You truly are an idiot..

6. YaoMcgrady111

YaoMcgrady111 Member

No reason to believe it. First, Yao has not been taking more shots than T-Mac. Second, Yao may not be tough enough but he is tougher than T-Mac.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Focusing all the attnetion and criticism of this team's performance on T-mac is just as irresponsible as T-mac saying he needs more shots.

The truth is, they need to get tougher all around... Yao needs to be more assertive night-in and night-out, Artest needs to stop worrying about his free agency (which he totally is... and its almost as sickening as T-mac's injury status), Adelman needs to set stricter guidelines and stop babying this team (obviously, the laid-back approach is not working), and they need to all start playing with more of a sense of urgency.

Its fun to have a scapegoat (JVG, T-mac), but as history has proven time and time again... it never is just about one guy in a team sport. This team, as they're playing now, has major flaws without T-mac. Focusing all your attention/time on criticizing him isn't helping anything... execpt deflecting the attention away from this team's other faults.

8. SugarLandDream8

As I said, Hill was mr triple double. He liked to pass the ball while Carter liked being the scorer and finisher. Mcgrady couldn't get along with his cousin and was a cancer his time up there. Mcgrady has always whined when he played with talented teammates. He likes being the focal point in the offense and he likes being a martyr carrying a team fulll of scrubs. He doesn't play well when he has talent around him and becomes a cancer when he does.

9. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Mcgrady should stab Artest too since Artest has the most shots attemp on the team.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

great post here and i completely agree. rick's soft handling of the situation (being a players' coach) is the reason tracy can play whenever he wants, ron can worry more about his free agency than the team, and shane can shut it down anytime he wants.

rick really has got to say to the team: who can play and can play every game right now, raise your hands. then play those guys. the other guys, tell them to sit until they are ready to play.

11. rockets_fanatic

I was going to say that aswell. There is no quote at all, just some guys mention Tracy in a column. Offcourse, most of the people here have to jump on it.

12. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

I do not believe this rumor.

13. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

We can all agree on one thing, Yao is a soft center.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looked like he was pretty motivated the last game I watched. Seemed like he played within the system too. So makes your last statement a bit puzzling.

15. SugarLandDream8

You heard the interview with Lamar Mcgrady on youtube. He basically said the same thing about not being the focal point and taking the most shots. What's not to believe. He just throw Yao under the bus, the rest is the same.

16. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

This is why I said that this news is made up after that video. Why would T-Mac blame Yao when Yao isnt even taking lot of shots and when T-Mac is the one who passes him the ball the most in the team?

17. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

You are 50 years old and still don't understand.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great post...this is exactly what was done with JVG. I remember how people threw him under the bus and played him for our playoff failures...now Rick Adelman has the same team plus more talent and still is struggling to match JVG's legacy.

Just amazing. Now it's T-mac's turn. Next will be Yao of course. And the wheel keeps turning.

19. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

I still can't believe we have some many poster who is defending Mcgrady no matter what he does.

20. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Well, I still cant believe that we have many poster that bash McGrady for things that he hasnt even done.