1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Daily News - Shumpert being shopped for Rondo, Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Nov 17, 2013.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Boston media and sportswriters starting unfound rumors since they want a total rebuild...

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't understand why people want Rondo. He is a good defender and he is good at breaking down the defense with the ball in his hands to create for other players.

Those seem like good things, right?

Beverley is a good defender, and is literally 15 times cheaper than Rondo.

Between Harden, Lin and Parsons we have enough players who are good at getting into the lane. The last thing we need on offense is a ball dominant player, especially one who doesn't have a great shot.

3. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Well in my opinion it is not trolling, Rondo is that good!

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Iman Shumpert is so overrated. Everyone thinks he's actually a good player. This is what happens when you market a player with a flattop haircut and an awesome basketball name. He is all hype.

5. Remii

Remii Member

Lin had to get his sheet together... He was below average last year... And was a terrible shooter (compared to this year)... Trust is earned and not giving. And this year he has been earning it...

6. Drphil

Drphil Member

LMAO I threw out a joke someone calls me paranoid after they attack me.

You haven't read any of my posts have you? It's posters like you that give humans a bad name.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I think the Shumpert for Faried is still gonna happen

8. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I know I might get flamed for even mentioning this, but what about Gerald Wallace? He can be the stretch 4 we might be looking for. Only bad thing I can see is his crazy ass contract.

9. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Morey would rather die of butt cancer than take on that contract.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

11. rocket43

rocket43 Member

People must be forgetting how good Rondo is when he was healthy. He might be an assh#le but IMO he was the second best PG behind Chris Paul.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm not saying that he isn't a good player, I just don't think he is a good fit with the players that we do have on our team

13. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Apparently Shumpert had 2 knee surgeries? Why would Houston want a guy that seems to be breaking down?

14. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

No way Denver is that dumb!

Why would Nuggets help Knicks win more games when they own Knicks' 2014 first round pick?

Dolan is just trolling with all kind of rumors through his network of media dogs, hyping up the value of Shump, and hoping some GM is dumb enough to bite.

Knicks have no real assets other than Melo and Shump (b/c of his youth), no future picks to trade to improve their immediate needs, and a roster full of worthless deadweights.

Don't fall for the hype!

15. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

lol Rondo would be the best PG to play here in the last twenty year...smh at people that wouldn't want Rondo :/

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this, really.

Isola and other NY beat writers have become Rockets experts ever since their boy Lin left.

I love that two major markets have lost their superstars to Houston, and their media and fanbase just can't seem to get over it. :)

17. rocketblood713

Rondo coming off and ACL tear he wouldn't even be playing if he comes to the Rockets ..I change my mind

18. ADB

ADB Member

Asik + Lin for Rondo and scrub. Asik wants out and there's no future for Lin here (he probably wants out too just not as vocal after losing his starting job). Rondo will bring leadership, play-making, defense, and stability to the PG position, and he'll want to be in non-tanking team too. Plus all the LOF/LOH **** will stop too. Just do it.

19. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Shumpert goes harder than his body is able to keep up with, so he needs to get healthy and find a way to play within his limitations, then we'll know how good he is, or can be. He's got heart, that's for d*mn sure.

20. DJSlik

DJSlik Rookie

A 3 way involving shump and rockets never happening. Asik and Jeremy for Rondo maybe...no way rondo goes to the Knicks.

Rondo isn't a great fit for the rockets. Poor outside shooter doesn't help Dwight double or harden outlet when he drives. Harden needs the ball in his hands initiating. He's not a catch n shooter like Ray Allen. He doesn't run through multiple screens to get open. I think there would be significant ball handling issues with rondo and harden. And rondo isn't coming off the bench like Jeremy believe that! Asik/Jeremy would thrive playing in the eastern conference--and they'd certainly start--but Boston would be a low playoff seed at best.