1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Daily News - Shumpert being shopped for Rondo, Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Nov 17, 2013.

1. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Rondo>>>>>>>Lin

Nuff said!:cool:

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

No way Morey trades for Rondo. No frickin way. He knows better.

3. dianelo

dianelo Member

New York Daily News said Shumpert had secret surgery on his left knee during the off season. :eek:

4. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

He's right, Woodson has been playing Melo as a four last season for a good amount of games. He had his best scoring under that role.

5. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

At first I hated this idea because I like our point guards, Rondo is coming off an injury and he can't shoot the three ball.

But this team has 5 problems right now: 1) perimeter defense, 2) defensive rebounding, 3) turnovers, 4) outside shooting, and 5) free throw shooting.

Rondo would improve the perimeter defense and would likely help reduce the turnovers. I feel like the team's outside shooting will improve and the defensive rebounding will improve as team rotations improve when Dwight goes for the block. Our free throw problems would get worse.

Given the play of T Jones and DMo, a stretch 4 may be less important unless you think the outside shooting of a Harden, Parsons and Garcia won't return to last year's norm.

The bottom line is this team will have to take better care of the ball and defend better if it wants to compete for a championship this year. Rondo is a proven playoff performer and that counts for something.

I'd definitely do a Bev/Asik deal now and would consider a Lin/Asik deal if Rondo comes back and demonstrates that he is ready to play at a high level but not before then.

I really like our point guards but I worry about Lin's ability to play against pressure D in the playoffs and his turnovers and I worry about Beverly's lack of playmaking.

6. rserina

rserina Member

But he doesn't defend or rebound the four well at all. He desperately needs Chandler there to cover him. Like Lebron, though, he is unbelievably difficult to defend with traditional fours and he kills threes in the paint in the small lineup.

7. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

Who said it ...you???He's is probably individually,he was heralded as a good PG because of the big 3 that time,if you have a 3 HOF in your team you should be getting a lot of assists but w/o them he is useless.On the other hand if you will put Lin on scrubs he will make those players like a star,just saying.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Btw, a finishing lineup of rondo and howard will never work. Dwight needs a pg who can hit a jumpshot. Tired of hack a howard? Wait till you see hack a rondo

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

I provided the numbers. Can't you just comment on that?

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Asik, Lin and Brewer for Rondo and Bass or Sullinger. I do that in a heart beat.

Rondo
    Harden
    P

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Fixed

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Rondo is the best defensive/rebounding and has the best hands out of all the elite point guards in the league. The guy rebounds like a center and defends anywhere from the 1 to the 3 spot.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

This makes no sense to me. All three of these players are on completely different levels in terms of value.

Rondo is an all star and all league talent. Asik is a very good starting center. Stumpers is an overrated fringe starter.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Melo on this team would make us title contenders for sure. Lin harden Parsons Melo Howard would defeat Miami

Our offense is predicated on 3's and FT's of which Rondo can do neither. Also he runs a really inefficient offense that takes way to many inefficient shots (long 2's) which our offense does not do.He would add defense at teh perimeter. Rebounding would be slightly better but honestly Lin & Bev are great rebounding guards. Plus Rondo tore his ACL. Not worth it.

15. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

What am I supposed to say? Rondo's assist numbers were just as good as CP3? Well duh, but as I said Rondo played with three future HOF shooters who were already all-stars when Rondo was a rookie. Those three guys are going to score no matter who is playing PG.

I seriously doubt he'll have those great assist numbers again when be returns. It's be a different team with a different coach and offense.

16. afk

afk Member

Whatever the trade will be, Morey will surprise us. No one will see it coming. So the less we guess, the better the trade will be. :grin:

17. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Nah, more like Rondo > Lin, for now :grin:

18. beardserker

beardserker Member

If Celtics want to dump Gerald Wallace's 3 yr salary... and Dwight wants Rondo feeding him...

Rockets get: Rondo, Gerald Wallace
    Celtics get: Asik, Lin, D-mo, Shumpert, Draft Picks
    Knicks get: Terrence Jones

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Knicks get hosed. Shumpert has more value then TJ.Gerald Wallace is washed up. I rather ask for Humpheries contract then this guy.

20. rocketblood713

Rondo on this team would be nice but need a PF I say throw in Bass too if he still on the Celtics