1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Daily News - Shumpert being shopped for Rondo, Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Nov 17, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

I just don't think the two will work well together. Harden's game is driving to the hoop and drawing fouls/getting a layup, and having Rondo here will hinder that severely to the point that the two together will yield diminishing returns.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

shumpret
    $1.5 2013-2014
    $2.5 2014-2015

Better D, taller, averaging 50% from 3 this year, looks good so far after surgery high energy that can can finish around the rim, looks like he about to get his starting spot back in NY, jr smith went 3-18 other day

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

That was Lins game all of last year...

4. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Both Bev and Shumpert are overrated defensively. However, Shumperts size and his age give him a much bigger upside over Beverley. Shumpert will be able to defend both 1s and 2s effectively.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

See Shump messed up when he cut off his flat top, ever since then I just can't buy into him lol

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

If they are overrate I would love to know who you think are underrated

7. pnr

pnr Member

Yeah and he struggled. He improved his 3 point shot over the offseason and what do you know? He's doing better!

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Not if he starts moving without the ball.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Im saying Harden had a career year playing next to Jeremy, who was esentially a driving player also. I mean he wasn't really reliable from 3 until the end of the year, so it's not necessary for your PG to be great at three for Harden to play at an All-NBA level.

Now with that in mind think about what else I have to say...

1) James should not, I repeat should not be this teams primary ballhandler, he should be the second person to touch the ball on any given play, (much like Paul Pierce was in Boston) then he can shoot off a screen or drive and get an easy basket. And I think it's obvious at this point that Jeremy doesn't have the trust from either the coaching staff or from Harden to take over as that ball handler.

2) Let's be honest James isn't going to turn into a great defensive player overnight. Lin tries on defense at least but the other team always makes a conscious effort to attack at Lin. We need someone to not get blown by on the perimeter or we are not escaping the first round.

3) Dwights talents are being waisted on this team as of today... His best offensive skill is running on the break and finishing. Everybody ignores him when he runs and quite frankly it's embarrassing. Now im sure over time we will get better at finding him, but nobody on our team is a great passer, we have a bunch of good passers but none are great. Our team needs someone with creativity to feed the big man!

4) We need somebody that isn't to scared to show a little passion out there, someone who isn't afraid to call out his teammates because he doesn't want to look bad, we need leadership! Dwight and James need someone to tell them when they are messing up! Nobody except Cisco seams to try this, but I dont know how much they are listening to a guy who was a King most of his career.

I have confidence that Rondo can be everything this team needs. He isn't afraid of anybody in the NBA, because he has gone toe-to-toe and beat everybody. If he checks out health wise and you can get him for Asik + Lin and maybe a draft pick, you got to pull the trigger.

10. pnr

pnr Member

^ I respect your opinion but I still don't see it working out because the level of ball-dominance from both players is just not conducive to putting them together and expecting them to maximize their worth. It's all moot cause Ainge has already told the media he doesn't plan on trading Rondo and that he is going to build a team around him.

11. kastuul

kastuul Member

The Knicks always wants a PG
    Beverley + 1st round pick for Shumpert.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

I want him shump in our 3 guard rotation bad. Sure morey is up to something knowing he is on the block

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

First Carmelo, then Dwight, now Shumpert?

[​IMG]

14. Play07

Play07 Member

is it just me are is this rockets team one of the friendliest (playoffs) teams I'm the league right now ??

I knew Howard laughes & smiles before he came here so I never expected him to be an enforcer. But we need a to least 2 solid guys that will step up get the team hyped up and not afraid to tell someone something when he feels like there effort is not there. In playoffs every possession will count and u need a guy on 1st & 2nd unit that will get everyone together in a huddle and motivate his teammates and make sure no one is taking a play off.

And I'm not talking about that pre game stuff Lin, parsons, harden do lol

- who is going to be our respected enforcers ????

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Beverley. Garcia. /next

16. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Knicks don't want Bev.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

I still STAND PAT, I still want shumpert to be our backup 2-3 he could help this rockets team out with his D, energy & spot up 3... $1.5mill this year and next.

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We need a player like Shumpert to give some D and give James a rest. I would love to see a lineup of Shumpert, Bev, Lin, Chanlder, and G Smith in the 2nd rotation giving team fits. I'm sold on Casspi and sometimes on Garcia.

19. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Peoples main gripe on Rondo is he can't shoot. Very understandable. However, he CAN penetrate, create off the dribble, finish at the basket, defend & rebound. He also has that ******* quality this team DESPERATELY needs. I think we'd overall be a better team with Rondo than without

20. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

If we trade Bev we'll be without a quality starting pg:confused: