1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Daily News: Jared Jeffries wants back on the Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 15, 2010.

1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Any buyout option is too high for Jared. He's here because of one reason, Jordan Hill

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It makes perfect sense. His contract is an asset. Buying him out would need to be at a significant savings to give up that asset. He wants to be a Knick, no problem. Take a million in cash and a bus ticket.

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Why the hell should we care Jared??? You freaking suck!! Get out of Houston!

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not that JJeffries was aaawesooome in NY's schemes, but if he played well at all (maybe last year he was the only guy on their team who played any D), Morey wouldn't want ANYthing to screw up that better draft pick next year.

Again, not that Jeffries' return to the Knicks would be the same as next summer when the Knicks go after Melo (if he isn't traded and re-signed elsewhere before then).

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep.

DD

6. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Good riddance. Worst player in the league this guy.

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I don't know what games you're watching, but these statements are just flat out FALSE.

Sure, I could probably beat him in a layup contest, but dude is one of the better (and most versatile) frontcourt defenders in the league. If the Rockets didn't already have Chuck Hayes, I think that Jared would have cracked the rotation as a situational defender. Maybe not playing significant minutes, but likely getting in most games and playing a solid 10-12 minutes.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The Knicks probably want him back as well for his expiring contract, I'd trade him for Chandler+filler .. :grin:

--RB

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I agree. He is great at taking charges and plays solid defense. It's just that he is offensively inept to a degree that it is almost laughable, especially at his height.

10. Htown's2kFinest

His defense and versatility is great. I still remember last season against the Knicks when he basically won us the game with he's D. He was taking charges, stealing the ball left and right, and block a couple of shots including David Lee's late 3pt attempt. He lead the whole lg in charges drawn last season but barely anyone knows.

11. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

To me, anything great he does defensively (arguable he actually does anything that great, in my opinion) is negated by the absolute negative he is on the offensive end. Blown lay-ups, ill advised three pointers... at least Chucky can pass.

12. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

2030 for the chance to draft Scola's kid?

13. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

But that would never happen. He might take a small loss in a buyout, but giving up his last big payday would be foolish. And for what, to be the 9th man on a lottery team?

14. makman

makman Member

lol I guess they were comparing it to the rest of his career. Honestly who really cares about JJ he won't be here next year and he isn't playing now.

He's living the dream, I wish I was just good enough to sit at the end of the bench or be a backup QB because there's nothing like being paid to travel and have sideline/courtside seats.

15. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Damn this was harsh.... although one could probably voice over "Shane Battier" for "Jared Jeffries" and this video would still make sense

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thread title is misleading. That article does not quote Jeffries saying he wants back on the Knicks. It, in fact, says he is fine playing here.

17. makman

makman Member

18. makman

makman Member

19. liljojo

liljojo Member

Is that seriously all they have left?

20. amaru

amaru Member

No it wouldn't :rolleyes: