1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Numerical evidence TMac hurts the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by northeastfan, Feb 1, 2009.

1. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

agree on the title

2. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

So my contention is: TSlack is hurting the team when he plays. Will he hurt the team in April. I honestly don't know. Do you? What I am saying is that he should not be playing now. If he stinks it up now and for the next few weeks, there will be no playoffs.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you don't play him now (when healthy), how are you going to know if he's good enough for the playoffs?

4. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Tell you what ... you run the numbers. I had two great samples: No TSlack and TSlack. That's pretty distinct.

So what is a better predictor than the recent past? Your opinion?

By the way, I'm am still waiting for an explanation of the numbers from TMac apologists .... They'd rather attack me then open their eyes.

5. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Give him a few minutes here and there. Let him ease his way back in.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think I'm going to refer to Northeastfan as douchefan
    I don't hate him or anything, I just think he's a douchebag of a fan..
    <br>
    He's so obnoxious that the ignore feature can't even stop him :eek:

7. kevtse

kevtse Member

Great analysis!!

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So when the rockets had a 10 game win streak back in spring of 1992 and when Hakeem was out.....they didn't need him? That was the year people said they needed to trade Hakeem because his fight with the owner and was hurting the team. That was 2 years before the first championship.

Northeast fan (?)....This team CANNOT win a championship without Tmac. Von Wafer will be a nice player....maybe......but he is not a star player.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Great insight to Blame Tracy for everything!

10. choujie

choujie Member

Actually it's 15 ppg on 43.5% efg for Tmac this season.

There is not a chance 43.5% efg can be considered solid since Rafer Alston's eFG is 44%.

11. Dei

Dei Member

All subsequent posters just look at this - it's what all the stat analyses amounted to.

12. earth

earth Rookie

Tmac can not(or doesn't want , who knows) find his role in RA's offense. Last season, Rox achieved the 22 win streak by running Gundy's system. That's the reason why some fans call him slack, lazy.

To be a superstar in a new team, or a teamplayer in Houston? Tmac has to deal with the puzzle.

13. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

To me i understand from what you are coming from but you have to realize that some stats doesnt prove all ways show whats goes on the court.Like Kenny smith say he never look at stats for 15years and that stats are lies. But you have to trust your team to fight through it, if you can't even trust or have faith in them now, how will you think when playoff comes, believe and im know you are tired of waiting but give him this season at least be fair and lets see what happen.Right now you can put out stats from what ever, but that doesnt mean we going to win or get the coach to bench tmac. Just stop all the bashing and lets just see.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is not true, the Rockets starting running Adelman's system when Tmac missed 12 games,......when Tmac came back they kept it up.

DD

15. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

So what you're saying is that Tmac perfected Adelman's system, because upon his return we won

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

Not going to read through this entire thread, but I have to say something.

Your getting data from a period when he's struggling with injury and just getting back from injury. Now I'm not gonna say he's ever going to get back to where he was, but that really skews the data and has to be accounted for. Let's see what happens if he is able to get more strength in the knee and is more active defensively and mobile offensively.

17. MiniPichu

MiniPichu Member

Always happy to see more truth and evidence come out.

Ofcourse its pretty obvious that we cant depend on him on any category, let alone play 5 games in a row.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

For a while he played great within it, then slowly but surely went back to doing what he likes....

And by the playoffs he was doing the same thing he always does...dominating the ball, shooting too much and not passing early, and moving off the ball...

DD

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Shocking...

Really, who could have known that Mcgrady was playing poorly this year. This great statistical analysis is showing me things that I just could not see when i was watching the games.

20. joesr

joesr Member

sorry to tell you this but we were already winning before he got back. then yeah he played good after a long rest but went back to im hurting then back to resting.

you should have read it then because it would have saved you time. a lot of posters are frustrated that he didnt rehab properly and take enough time off. If he would have done so then that would have been half the battle eliminating a majority of the postings here.

I never understood this saying. It is like you guys act as if Tmac wasnt there someone else wouldnt be. You think if tmac wasnt there we would be playing this season with 21 mil under the LT? Get real. Are you telling me if there wasnt a trade or what not that the players who replace him along with added minutes to the bench players wouldnt help us? I beg to differ.