1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Numerical evidence TMac hurts the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by northeastfan, Feb 1, 2009.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The "TSlack" of the last week is far better than the TSlack of November and December. Keep in mind that we didn't have Yao Ming for two of the three games (which we split, on the road), and he had perhaps his worst game of the season in the third one.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tmac actually was playing OK early in the year, but before he got stepped on, he was looking a lot better.

I hope he comes back soon...

DD

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I don't hate McGrady. I'd love for him to play at a high level ... but he can't or won't which is why he should not get playing time.

4. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

He had one positive +/- game with okay shooting (Detroit). Now *that* is a small sample! :)

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

The problem is, you don't see this. Man, every single game we play, you always say we are gonna lose.

Don't judge this team now. I also think injuries shouldn't be an excuse for this team because it happens every single year, but let's see and wait.

Can you do that? If it is another 1st round exit, than I will agree with you. But right now? We still have time to go. LET'S WAIT, ok?

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

As a Rockets fan, I've been waiting for a long time. So have you! :)

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He has still been playing better. Let's see how he performs the next month.

8. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I'm sorta curious about that too. Last night I was trying to find a database that listed the number of games plated and missed for both Yao and Tracy during their career as Rockets. If anyone has numbers like this I sure would be interested to see what they reveal.

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Why should he need to come up with stat lines for Yao? He's talking about Tracy. You're talking about Yao, so why don't you bring some numbers to the table to support your argument?? Please prove to everyone that the team is better this year with Yao out of the lineup. Please.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Every year there is a different 'if'. You better start calling this team Houston If Rockets

But really, looks like injuries are already behind us. T-Mac is getting healthly, Yao looks ok (hopefully he will be ok) and Ron's ankle is better and better.

This is probably our biggest chance of making something happen since championship years. Let's see...

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

So if he continues to play poorly, we're a mediocre team and we likely won't make the playoffs. If we don't play him, we're a decent team and will make the playoffs. Why not just rest him, then?

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How come the 1st 15 games minus shane, the rox were giving up 90ppf on 43% and were 10-5. I guess u didn't have time for that part. The rox were allowing 7 less ppg and .20 fg% with tracy and minus shane. What does that tell u?

13. whatevar93

whatevar93 Member

and then wtf are the rox gonna do in playoffs? lose again in the first round? seems like you haven't planned that far ahead have you? isn't the goal to win a championship? when was the last time a group of nobodies won a ship? having a dominant wing and big man gives you a great chance of winning it all. if tmac stops playing he's never going to return to his old self and what the rox need is the old tmac. von wafer is a good player, but will never ever be half the player prime tmac was.

besides numerical evidence actually indicates that tmac(and this is tmac on one knee)helps the rockets. refer to my earlier post to see why.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

dead air, it kills baby dolphins. :rolleyes:

15. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

Why r yall hating on his post, he is just bringing statistics its not like he is saying tmac is done, hes worthless, his next contract will be for 3 mill, I will say all that willing, he sucks, no D, no offense, no effort, once people realize he cant move he is gonna start gettin even more dominated on offense and defense, but thats not even the reason I dislike him, I just think we play significantly better without him, we move the ball better and our defense with even wafer in there who is not a defensive player is better without him, its as simple as that for me

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if tracy can improve on his play from the philly game, there's no way these talks will continue. he's slowly finding his rhythm/groove.

we hear this about tracy every year. it's nothing new.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

When you talk down about Tracy, many people on this board don't want to hear your opinion. Then when you present them with statistical facts, somehow that's not good enough either. It's frustrating.

Now, it should be taken into consideration that this is with an injured McGrady. So what this information tells us is not so much that we aren't better with Tracy, but that we aren't better with a Tracy who can't go full speed. It's more of an argument that we need him to stay out until he's COMPLETELY healthy than an argument that we don't need him in the long run (playoffs).

Good thread.

18. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

There is no need to prove my argument. If your a fan and you watch the games you'll see what I was saying. Stats are overrated and don't mean anything so I don't need to back my argument with stats.

19. lastmanstanding

Yes let's ignore our 30 % winning percentage without Tmac and with Yao and 50 % winning percentage without Yao and with mac and 60+% winning with both. :rolleyes: If you watched the memphis game, you know where I get my stats from.

20. TForThree

TForThree Member

The Rockets are better off without TMac...............playing a LEADING role.