1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Numerical evidence TMac hurts the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by northeastfan, Feb 1, 2009.

1. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

The guy wearing 1 right now does not play at any where near the same level as the guy wearing 1 last year.

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I agree, if McGrady never recovers or returns to star level, then the past is irrelevant. However, I don't think we can determine that by a 20 game sample. Many players look terrible for awhile after injuries only to later return to form. Look at Dwyane Wade or Amare Stoudemire.

I am not predicting the future, just saying that we can't write him off yet.

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Okay, I agree we can't write him off. But please don't play him while he's hurting the team.

4. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Oh my looky looky another T-Mac bashing thread. I wonder how many in total do we have. It seems like every game there is one. But if you really want to go there I can throw this in your face. The team has played a lot better without Yao in the line-up also. So are you going to come up with stat lines on the team with Yao being out? Give it up already we all know you don't like McGrady. Stop making useless threads

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Everyone has a bad stretch of games, it happens. You cant determine a players worth over just 20 poor games, when he has been around for 12 years. Now, if he continues to play that way the rest of the year, that is something to consider.

6. joesr

joesr Member

What does he do that isnt shown on a stat that is good. Name them off and for each one I am sure myself or someone else can can name something as well that go against him not recorded paper.

I dont think it can be considered a hater a la Tmac but more so a wanting a winner from the rockets.

With or without this thread I already can see that Tmac poor rehabilitated and his constant on or off the court he not only hurt the Rockets as a whole but himself for healing. Do you think the disorder caused within the organization is because of what CF posters think?

Cmon man, instead of calling out Tmac haters just be honest with yourself. This stuff goes deeper then just you and me.

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

You may be right about Yao too (although he's hardly been out this year so any statistics are based on too small a sample). I don't think that's been the case, but I don't have access to numbers to demonstrate it one way or another. Based on watching the games for the last few years, I don't think that that is the case, though.

8. rocketshopeful

I don't neccessarily believe that T-mac will hurt the rockets later in the season, but the the posts that simply call the op a T-mac hater and nothing else don't really add to the discussion. At least, there was some analysis behind his statement.

For T-mac, to be effective, Adelman needs to figure out the rotation, and then we can see how the big 3 will interact with eachother. I still think Ron needs to come off the bench and will be effective in that roll. As t-mac works into shape, the Yao and T-mac combination can still work. The problem in the past, has been the supporting cast in the playoffs. That may be oversimplfying it a bit, as their is some responsibility on t-mac to trust his teammates come playoff time.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Donate some money to Clutchfans and become a contributing member. Then you can edit.

10. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Really? I'd better get out my checkbook, then! :)

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

The Brick Three: Tofu, TSlack, and Testy. Add in Airballston and Scrubola that's our starting five.

If that wasn't his sig people probably would give him more credit when he makes a thread like this. Or if he didn't turn every thread that has nothing to do with T-mac into a t-mac thread by calling him t-slack.

12. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Please don't jinx it. Yao has not been a durable guy for the pass 3 years. Now he is doing good and his mins are being cut down. I hope no freak accident happens and we read you know what :(

13. whatevar93

whatevar93 Member

1) With tmac on the floor rockets are shooting a eFG% of 49, without him rockets are shooting 49.4 eFG%. just a .4 increase

2) Tmac had to play with one leg the first half of the season. So far since his return he's been looking great and his eFG% for the season is 44% which is solid.

3) with tmac on the floor we're giving up 104 pts per 100 possesions. without him we're giving up even more 107 pts per 100 possesions in a 48 minute basis. besides the eFG% of opposing teams increase by only 1.8 when tmac is on the floor and in the end we win by points not by field goal percentages.

4) +/- is so skewed. if i recall correctly mo williams of the cavaliers has a top 10 +/- in the nba. that's because he plays side by side with lebron all the time.

5) well that's kind of stupid since that means the rockets only played 20 games this season.....the rox are actually 18-12 with tmac.

6) if tmac continues to suck even after the rehab he underwent then yes he does not help the rockets. so far since his return he's been playing better and better.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LOL. I totally missed the sig. Sounds like northeast fan really doesn't like this Rockets team at all. Why does he bother posting here at all?

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

None of this numerical evidence is convincing because I fully expect McGrady to play much better than he did in the first half of the season.

16. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Okay, what about next game? I predict that he'll look a lot more like the TSlack of the last week than the TMac of the past years (both anecdotally and statistically).

17. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Because I'm a Rockets fan.

18. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

We should unretire "Dream" and sign him 20 mil/year deal and make him the captain of the ROX team, because we should not forget the contribution he made for ROX!

19. joesr

joesr Member

I dont agree, giving up much more points in the paint without yao isnt better? Can we get northeastfan to get a stat break down with yao out and in. whats he have like 3 games out? is there a site we can go to for this?

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I am not even sure if you are really a Rockets' fan? But you are McGrady-hater for SURE.