1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Numerical evidence TMac hurts the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by northeastfan, Feb 1, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's taking up $21 million bucks, imagine what players we can get with all that dough.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I realize that
    <br>
    I'm all for it..
    BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

...not now at least.
    <br>
    We need to ship off Artest first, then worry about getting rid of McGrady during the summer, or after next season..

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

its easy for you to say get rid of Artest,
    but what are getting back?

We could be worse off if we get rid of Artest.

4. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

alright youve got one who'll admit something about MY self. And thats we dont need RON ARTEST, OR MCGRADY. (AND couple of players)

5. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

alright youve got one who'll admit something about MY self. And thats we dont need RON ARTEST, OR MCGRADY. (AND couple of players) for a.stoudamire

6. Marcus

Marcus Member

The entire team played like crap for the most part. Where was this post after the Wolves game? It is easy to come out after a loss and say you could've predicted bad numbers. In actuallity this team has struggled on the road this season. Last night was more of a sign of that then it was past performance.

I don't know for sure what the cause of the bad road play this season has been. The Rockets used to be a really good road team. I've read about how the players dealing with injuries swell up on the long plane rides. That could be a factor. Maybe the guys don't like each other and being stuck on long flights together brings out the worse in them. Who knows, but we can all see they haven't been good on the road recently.

To put that on one player is absurd. Tracy didn't have anything to do with Yao being 2-8 or Rafer being schooled by Sessions. Rafer was a -25 +/-! In his 22 minutes on the court the team was out scored by 25 points. Shane wasn't much better with a -21. But that is because Tracy was on the court right? They missed open shots and defended poorly and this was the result.

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Again, I ask, did TSlack look more like #1 from the past few seasons or did he look more like the December / January TSlack? That's all I am asking.

8. Marcus

Marcus Member

The team looked like the road Rockets of th '08-09 season. The team has stunk on the road as of late. That isn't one player. That is the entire team. Thankfully they will be home for a few games and don't have another road game for a bit.

The Rockets are 13-15 on the road this season but they are 18-6 at home. That is a big difference. Two different teams show up for those games. That is more then a one player difference. If it was one player then he could sit and they could still be effective. They aren't effective with or without him in the line up on the road.

9. iloveming

iloveming New Member

Artest + McGrady + Head for Amare + Jason + Barbosa

Morey, get it done please!