1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nugs vs. Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BrooksBall, Mar 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Haha.....oh ok. That's funny and all but you should probably edit and include the link. I'm sure i'm not the only one that won't get that initially.

3. Cbox

Cbox Member

Could someone in Denver get fired if the the Nuggets end up in the 8th seed by playoff time?

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No idea,but if they upset the 1st seed ala GS then it would be a plus point for George Karl IMO.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Kings, Clippers, Wizards, Warriors (maybe Grizzlies). Maybe we should start a poll on which team in the NBA is tanking the most.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Good idea. This is about the time of year teams start to shamelessly tank now that they're all mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

If I were any of those teams [gulp] I like the Wizards' situation the best. Sure, that means I probably have frequent nightmares about Arenas' franchise killing contract but assuming he recovers fully, the idea of adding a Blake Griffin-esque talent to that trio is a pretty scary thought.

7. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Normally I would again accuse you of being a typical fatalistic Nuggets fan, but I think you might be right. If your team doesn't clean up on their upcoming cream puff schedule (after tonight), they might fall into 8th place.

9. Nuggets4

Yup. I like to think I'm pretty even-keeled about this team, but on February 20th when the team blew the game against the short-handed Bulls, I realized that they were missing something. Two nights later when Milwaukee minus their two best players pretty much took us to the woodshed, I realized it was over.

Right now, I'm honestly just counting the games until I never have to see Kleiza in a Nugs jersey again.

10. Nuggets4

I don't really have anything to say, but just wanted to prove that I'm not dodging the board today after last night's pathetic attempt at basketball.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hey, they came back and kept it close. :)

12. ebu

ebu Member

George Karl jinxed his team....

after the nuggets beat the lakers he called his team contenders

since then the nuggets have won 1 game and lost 5

def NOT contenders

13. Nuggets4

I said it before, I'll say it again... this has been heading downhill since LONG before the Lakers game.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So... what exactly is their problem?

What I notice, from limited watching of this team is that, aside from Billups, the team is full of guys who have talent but think they are better than they really are.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Once Kmart gets healthy things will be better. That will make a huge difference, but for you guys to go deep, I think Carmelo has to mature and really become a star in this league...

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

K-Mart is a joke. He postures and acts like a macho dude, but when the going gets tough late in the season and playoffs, he disappears. K-Mart is so full of himself it's laughable. He's fortunate Jason Kidd got him that contract he didn't deserve.

When he posed after the slam dunk in the 1st quarter, it was almost like a sign to me the Rockets were going to come back and win. K-Mart is the definition of a poser and a loser.

17. Nuggets4

This is one of the few times that I disagree with A_3PO. I love KMart. Is he overpaid? Yeah, big time. Am I paying his salary? No. So I don't really care. All I know is that he's a dude who gives it all every game. He's come back from two knee microfracture surgeries and is arguably the hardest working player on the team. He is, without a doubt, our best defender. He brings toughness to this team that is sorely needed. Is he a flaming jackass? Not a doubt it my mind. But I'm glad he's our flaming jackass.

Carl Herrera -- you're mostly right on. A lot of the guys think they're better than they are. Melo was quietly having a pretty damn good all-around season, but when he didn't get selected to the all-star game it's like he decided to undo all the good work and start jacking up shots. In the first half of the season he was putting up great all-around numbers, with the only number that really disturbed me being his shooting percentage. Honestly, I think a lot of that has to do with Nene. Now that we actually have a low post presence, Melo can't go down there as much. A few weeks ago I looked up the numbers and he was averaging ~2 less shots in the key than the year before. Not a lot, but enough to drop his numbers. It's not just Melo though. Chauncey's been great all year but he's looked tired for the last month (probably because George feels that our two really old PG's both need to play 30 mpg). KMart's been hurt. Nene & JR have been their inconsistent selves, which we all expected anyway. LK just sucks ass.

It's just confusing why this team peaks in February every year. I hate to blame George (because he deserves blame on many many MANY other things), but he's one of the few things I can come up with as a reason to why we falter every year. I'm honestly under the impression that Karl's gone this off-season and am starting to hope for Flip Saunders to be his replacement. We need an offensive mind (queue shouts of "but the Nugs suck at defense!!!11!1one!1!") to get this team moving.

18. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Yes. He does work hard, and he is an ego-inflated flaming jackass. None of that really matters. Kmart's biggest problem (besides being a untradeable cap-killer unlike any other in the league) is that it is impossible for him to score on anything other than a dunk. His range is limited by the rim.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kmart is an elite interior defender, like him or not.

He is also a decent transition scorer. He was giving scola all kinds of fits on D with a bad back...

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The playoffs will tell the story with K-Mart. If he rises to the occasion, I'll give him props. If he shrinks, he's the same old poser/loser who is anything but "elite" when it really counts.