1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nuglove]Faried To Workout With Olajuwon

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Aug 2, 2012.

1. AFS

AFS Member

Isn't that what Kenneth Faried is...?

2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Next year there's going to be ballerinas running all over the floor. I know Kobe and Lebron improved tremendously from Hakeem's tutelage. You can put those two names on any resume and you'll be set for the rest of your life.

3. psingh34

psingh34 Member

that shipped sailed the minute faried, mcgee and chandler came on board

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

And yet all 3 are better than any front court players Rockets have on their Roster.

5. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

you're joking right?

6. blackistan

blackistan Member

name one frontcourt player on our team better than mcgee or faried...

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sadly, no. Even the mentally challenged Mcgee will give you more offense

Whats Hakeem going to do? Double Asik's ppg?? That would be a whopping 6 ppg (after doubling).

yippeee!!!

#27 Zboy, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  8. rockets11champs

Idk if Faired has 200,000 dollars to get tutored by Hakeem

9. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I still wouldn't mind seeing what Dream could do for him.

DMo even more.. he already has a good fundamental post game, he could improve and develop a "DMO'shake" (like the dairy product but more basketbally)

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I think it's more on the players - whether they wanna train with him or not. Hakeem may reach out to a select few, but i think it's ultimately up to the players.

11. gambingo

gambingo Member

I like what the Nuggets are doing in developing their young bigs. If any of them get better, Nuggets will be contender.

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I think more and more players are doing it for the novelty of working with the Dream. How much can they improve on their post games? I havent seen any sort of noticeable improvement on any player except maybe Kobe --- how much can those players improve?

I apprecaite their effort, cant fault them for trying but sometimes people need to be more realistic --- There's only one dream and the reasons behind are more than just work ethic.

You cant teach talent.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lebron showed an improved post game.

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Kobe definitely did, as well.

Dwight Howard had shown a vastly improved post game too after working out with Dream, but it seems he didn't keep practicing what he'd learned, or just started half-assing, because he returned to old habits after a while.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it's $50k a week i believe.

16. psingh34

psingh34 Member

ru kidddingggg faried avg 10 points a game last year, you are saying no one on the rockets is capable of that .. not dmo, not jones ???

17. psingh34

psingh34 Member

faried is better than dmo, jones, possible patterson ?? how can you say that undeniably .. what has he done in his career to show that?

18. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I'd like to see Tim Duncan teaching some youngsters like Olajuwon is right now after he finishes his career with Spurs. With no disrespect to Olajuwon, Duncan's fundamentals seem more solid. Then again, Duncan's a PF and Olajuwon's a C, so albeit small, there are some differences.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the hell are you talking about?

Dream's 'fundamentals' were exceptional, that's how can develop extra moves to fool players.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7tPZ-KljR0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7tPZ-KljR0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

It's also on the GM apparently. There's a reason two Nugs players will be working w/Dream-Masai Ujiri.

If Morey wanted his bigs to work with Dream, he could easily reach out to him and I doubt Dream would turn down the Rox.

Maybe DM feels working w/McHale should be enough for his bigs.