1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets Waive Joey Dorsey

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PersianRocket, Aug 18, 2015.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

At worst we'll break even unless Nick Johnson turns into a stud which I'm not banking on. As of right now Rockets have gotten away with grand auto theft with this trade

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I would agree if Lawson hadn't agreed to make his last year team option. Let's say Lawson gets suspended 10 games. If he hasn't contributed by February, then the rockets have a huge asset in a 12.5 million dollar expiring contract. It was a really low risk move.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He did his job for the money he was given.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's fair to say. The risk is low, and coughing up Nick Johnson is a fairly modest cost. From Denver's perspective though, the cost of keeping him would have been higher. Lawson would not have given them a break on his contract. And staying in a status quo situation probably makes it less likely Lawson can change his own approach to his life. Compared to the risk they faced on keeping Lawson, Nick Johnson and a first rounder may be modest compensation, but it doesn't look risky at all. In that regard, I don't know if its fair to say Denver got robbed, even if Lawson is successful here.

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Joey had been playing pick up ball at 24hr Fitness in Pearland for the last 2 weeks. He is big dude in person, and although I liked him, he even looked like crap playing pick up games with regular guys. Now I know he was not going 100% out there, but he kept shooting 15ft air balls and whatever team he was on lost a lot. Best of look to him, hopefully he gets another shot in NBA.

6. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Fwiw, Turkey is considered European by the sports world and most high school classrooms around the world now...

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

lol @ the Nuggets for cutting an all star level talent. Dude is a beast, but just misunderstood.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Nuggets are dumb. They should have traded Dorsey to the Broncos for a 12th round pick. The Broncos might need a third string linebacker.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Classrooms? Turkey has a European part and an Asian part. Like Russia

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I knew a Turkish girl once, very exotic and hot. Not Gipsy-like at all.

11. alethios

alethios Member

Ray Lewis with a basketball.

I wonder what he is without the basketball...

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

97% of Turkey is in Asia, smart guy.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

His point still stands. Even FIBA designates Turkey, Russia and Israel as members of FIBA Europe as opposed to Asia. Geographic =/ cultural.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA

14. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Did Dorsey pay for this to be produced?

15. oakdogg

He also said every classroom teaches that it's in Europe. I don't give a f what FIBA says.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

FIFA and FIBA are really confusing. You have Australia who left Oceania and is playing for the Asian organization.

Kazakhstan is clearly on Asian soil but is playing for the European organization.

Turkey and Russia would likely make Asia a lot more stronger and countries like Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Japan cannot walk in and out of the WC as easily.

The whole Arabian peninsula is not playing for Africa but Asia. (that is fair though)

Any other territories left out?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is because Turkey wanted or wants to join the European Union so bad to better their economy.

Russia got most of their advanced and big cities on European ground and their political administration

18. oakdogg

That is fine. EU, FIBA - those are all organizations. They can let whomever they want in, but they do not define who is in a continent. Geography did that for us.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dorsey is the best Rockets player we've had since Weatherspoon donned the Rockets red.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Those organizations don't matter, but the ones that "decided" who belongs to what continent, do?

I'm sorry I don't follow your logic.

In a practical sense, what is listed in Rand McNally doesn't matter. EU, UN, FIFA, FIBA, etc. These are the organizations (and definitions) that actually matter in the grand scheme of things.