1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets To Waive Kostas Papanikilaou

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, Aug 1, 2015.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This is most likely a contract issue. $4.8M, even with the newly inflated cap, is a lot of money for a second year player that doesn't have any standout qualities - at least yet.

If he were on a standard rookie contract they probably would have kept him.

2 people like this.
  2. Exiled

Exiled Member

He was the closest thing to Josh Smith, awesome on one play, terrible on another in a few seconds laps

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The only thing he was consistent at was player interviews. I wish him the best of luck where ever he goes.

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

So Pap is an all around player without one standout quality - bad thing. DMO is incredible at posting up, it's his one standout quality, he has other qualities that are way above average for his position's player, yet some haters call him Judas for not being a good rebounder. Double standards all around. I see why LOFs are so mad in here.

Just kidding, LOFs are the double standard haters I'm talking about.

5. alethios

alethios Member

If he were on a standard rookie contract, we might not have gotten Lawson.

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

so many of you over hype this guy terribly.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

first team that comes to mind tbh

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

Not really. All Spurs' players have one elite skill, even their third string bigs, those who don't have it, they are all star caliber all around players. Pap is euroleague kind all around player.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rookie year everyone, he will be a nice complimentary role player in the league...I wish him luck.

DD

11. Asian Sensation

I checked his age since you made it sound like he's close to 30. He just turned 25 yesterday. Plenty young IMO.

Finding out you're getting cut on your bday probably isn't the best news... At least he gets paid.

Anyways I think another lottery bound team will give him a shot.

12. Asian Sensation

Forget my last post... He's ****ed now.

2 people like this.
  13. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

25 isn't young, 20-22 is youth that you can still mold.

Now I dind't make it sound like he was 30 what a grand over exaggeration on your part. Don't get made you don't understand nuance in an argument. I dind't even call Papa old.

Let me break it down, I siad they may want someone YOUNGER! Doesn't suggest Papa is old.

Veteran guy doesn't refer to age, it refers to experience. He had a solid career in Europe, showed potential once he adjusts.

Papa won't get much better, his success in the league will come down to how he can adjust to the different style of game. He doesn't have as much growth as someone in the early 20's.

He is best suited for a team who are trying to take another step and are looking for a role player, not rebuilding looking for STARS!

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope he will get a chance to play on a good team like the Hawks or the Wizards.

Good luck Kostas!

15. malakas

malakas Member

He was waived probably as a favour. That's why it is so soon before even training camp so he can find another team.
    No way he goes to the 6ers unless they claim him off waivers.
    There are many teams that could use him i.e Spurs, Cavs ,Hawks.
    I hope my Bucks claim him.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Hilarious that he's being called a scrub. He is such a great all round player with one single weakness which is 3pt shooting. His broken mid range J is irrelevant since we don't take those. Aside from being good at everything else, he is an above average passer and defender for his position and has the motor of a Dennis Rodman on the court and undoubtedly displayed a high bball iq.

It's not like he's a Spanoulis either, needing the ball in his hands to be successful.

These types of players are successful, you can't deny them. His 3pt shot will be improved if he decides to stay in the NBA, I have no doubt whatsoever.

1 person likes this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Your actual IQ is loud and clear from your posts.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is already a sophomore player... what, did I miss anything last year?

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Max Contract with Dallas. Book it.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

good luck papa. i hope he sticks around in the nba i think he could end up being a pretty good player if he gets a chance.