1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Nuggets] Off-season 2008

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nuggets4, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Good call, I completely spaced that aspect. I'm imagining that Battier will be coming off of the bench, but finishing games.

* Alston / Head
    * McGrady / Barry
    * Artest / Battier
    * Scola / Landry (what's the latest on him?)
    * Yao / Mutombo

I imagine that there will be times where Barry plays a little point and Artest moves to the 4, but man do you guys have flexibility now. Wow. You're stacked at the swingman positions too. If you stay healthy, and things click, you might have banner #3 in a year.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

PG: Alston (22), Barry (18), Brooks (8), Francis (0)
    SG: T-Mac (34), Battier (14), Head (0)
    SF: Artest (34), Battier (14), Novak (0)
    PF: Scola (30), Landry (14), Hayes (4)
    C: Yao (30), Dorsey (10), Mutombo (8)

My projection :).

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I see you've been reading pickaxeandroll. :D

I'm not so sure about that, but, hey - I like the idea!

More like, "shoot, that #1 seed is gonna be HARD to come by"

Thanks for the reply.

4. Nuggets4

I love PickaxeAndRoll, but I actually said that exact thing to my friend last night when he called me with the trade info. Maybe P&R is monitoring my cell phone! :p

One thing I just thought of, McGrady is a point forward. Why not throw a lineup of McGrady/Artest/Battier/Scola/Yao out there at times? Quicker PGs would cause problems, but Battier should be able to hang with them enough to keep it ok. You'd be hard to stop from rebounding, that's for certain. Wow. Adelman's gotta be on cloud 9 right now.

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

No kidding that would be a great lineup. I think that the "quicker pg" problem would be particularly bad in the WC playoffs though. Deron, CP3, and tony parker would manhandle battier.

6. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

7. Nuggets4

Not ready to say yet. I know we've been interested in him in the past, but his team didn't want to deal him. Now we might finally be able to convince them.

8. Chamillionaire

perfect SJC, but i`d give dorsey`s minutes to hayes as of now. and landry a few more minutes at the 4, if he signs with us. :mad:

9. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

for real, we better see a lineup of tmac/shane/ron/scola/ming. i dunno why pple think tmac isnt a great defnder but he is. but we'll never see him lock someone up next season unless ron and shane get in foul trouble which isnt hard to believe.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sounds like a pretty big name. Billups is my guess. Another possibility could be an interesting guy like Prince.

11. dookiester

dookiester Member

are you worried that telling us the name will cause a potential deal to go down the drain, or that widespread knowledge of who your team is looking at will make it harder to get him? the internet is full of rumors, i dont see why one more floating around a rockets fansite would be any more harmful to the nuggets' chances of getting whoever it is theyre really targeting.

12. AGBee

AGBee Member

I'm sure you can tell us. Have any of these potential deals that you tease us with actually gone through? :)

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man has a point

14. Nuggets4

I'm honestly not sure those Billups rumors ever had legs. I honestly think that went like this:

Denver GM: "Hey, is Billups available?"
    Dumars: "Yeah. How about Chaunce for Melo?"
    Denver GM: "Uh....I gotta go."
    Dumars (to press): "We've discussed a Billups for Melo deal. Spread the word."

Not telling because I'm not certain it's actually being discussed. This is just my speculation and mine alone. The only reason I don't mention the player is because the guy who I get most of my info from has been shutting down a little bit due to "leaks". He's in a sensitive position where he can get in trouble for giving us this info. I don't want to jeopardize that.

:p I've called a few on here. Besides, I fully admit when I'm wrong at least, so I've got that going for me. :D

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wow your really into professional basketball hunhh?

:confused:

16. Nuggets4

Expect JR Smith to re-sign with the Nugs in the next day or two.

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Big mistake for JR to stay in Denver. Good for the Nugs, but on a personal level, JR would see more minutes and get more respect on any other team who really valued his talent.