1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets destroy Trailblazers!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocksMillenium, Nov 3, 2002.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yes you read that correctly, the Denver Nuggets went into Portland and just destroyed them. As I write this there's 1:02 minutes left and the Nuggets lead 93-79. People go on the Rockets for barely beating them, and didn't buy into the fact that the Wolves only beat Denver by 6 points, I think this is proof that there's something going on with the Nuggets, they're playing tough basketball!

UPDATE: Final: Nuggets ALL OVER Portland 96-79!

2. Bookit

Bookit Member

WTF? Is Denver good or does Portland suck? I am waiting for the highlights!

3. RocksMillenium

I just saw some highlights, and I still can't believe it. There's no excuse for the Blazers, because they're at home, and Denver is also playing the back end of a consecutive nights, and both teams were on the West Coast the night before. It's one thing to lose to the Nuggets, but to out-and-out get destroyed by them? Nuggets4 details please!

I'm not sure if this is true, but Blazer fans are saying that the Nuggets scored <b>56</b> points in the paint!

#3 RocksMillenium, Nov 3, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2002
  4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

portland sucks ... they also g0t destroyed by sactown without webber or bibby.

5. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

or Christie...

6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

That was the night after Portland beat the Shaq-less Lakers by 12. ;)

Portland lacks heart. After watching the Nuggs against the Rockets, I say regardless of their record and/or lack of big name talent they are going to bring their "A" game every night.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Makes me breath a sigh of relief that we managed to get past them with our banged-up lineup!

I didn't see them play - but by all accounts they hustled HARD!

And I;ve been looking at Nene in the box-scores - the big guy keeps getting a few assists - seems like he might be more than the rebounder/ shot-blocker garbage man

8. Matador

Matador Member

Holy moly I would have never thought that Denver could beat Portland. I mean Portland has so much more proven experience.

Just look at the matchups:
    1. James Posey vs. Bonzi Wells: Posey is a decent player but Wells is capable of putting up close to 20 points a game in an offense that doesn't feature him
    2. Rasheed Wallace vs. Chris Andersen: Sheed is one of the top PFs in the league and Andersen played his college ball at Blinn.
    3. Dale Davis vs. Mark Blount: Davis is a former all star and to tell you the truth I haven't heard much about Blount
    4. Derek Anderson vs. L. Harrington: High flying offensive catalyst in Anderson against former Wingate standout?
    5. Damon Stoudamire vs. Chris Whitney: Former # 7 pick in draft against little known Whitney
    bench: Scottie Pippen, Jeff McInnis, Ruben Patterson, Antonio Daniles, Arvidas Sabonis vs. Nene Hilario, Kenny Satterfield, Ryan Bowen, Donnel Harvey: no explanation needed.

Props to the Nuggets for pulling this one out.

Maybe the Balzers are one more team the Rockets can beat out for a playoff spot.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Two words: James Posey
    Two more words: Blazers suck

10. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

It's only one game, and btw the Blazers vs Lakers it was a blow out pretty much the whole game, only towards the end when it was late, were the Lakers able to pull closer. 1 and 2 isn't great but I'll just wait and see what they do tonight against the Lakers.

11. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

How many times do I have to tell you guys we're not as bad as you think we are?

NENE FOR PRESIDENT!

12. mfclark

mfclark Member

But don't you all WANT to be bad, in order to be right there to draft a certain high schooler? :)

13. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

That's the thing. We're gonna be bad enough to get Lebron, but we're gonna be good enough to cause some teams fits. We've lost by 6 and 7 points, both very close games, and we've won by almost 20.

Best comparison is the Orlando team the year before they got T-Mac and Hill. They made the playoffs. We won't even come close, but we'll cause havoc to opposing teams.

14. IVFL

IVFL Member

Actually they missed the playoffs in the last game, I think they lost to the bucks or someone. If they would have won that they would have been in. Still that was a team that would bring it every night, I wish all the NBA played like them, it would be a lot more entertaining

15. mfclark

mfclark Member

:(

Those were the days of Orlando basketball.

Too many bad memories about that game versus the Bucks, though. They are probably my least favorite team for that reason and the best moment of the season was when McGrady killed the Bucks singlehandedly last night.

16. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

This is great for Portland, they are back on the right track, even if they aren't able to defeat the Mavs on Monday, I'm pretty sure they'll take care of the Rockets on Tuesday.

Portland 95, San Antonio 76
    Blazers Roll Past Spurs

SAN ANTONIO, Nov. 9 (Ticker) -- Rasheed Wallace scored 18 points on 8-of-12 shooting to lead the Portland Trail Blazers to their first road victory of the season, a 95-76 triumph over the San Antonio Spurs.

Wallace made both of his 3-point attempts. The 6-11 forward has made at least one 3-pointer in all seven games this season.

Bonzi Wells scored 17 of his 19 points in the second half for Portland, which won for just the second time in its last eight meetings with San Antonio.

Scottie Pippen played WELL in his second start of the season, scoring 15 points on 7-of-11 shooting. The 6-8 Pippen has started the last two games at shooting guard in place of Derek Anderson, who did not accompany the Blazers on their four-game road trip after suffering a concussion Wednesday against Memphis.

Tim Duncan led San Antonio with 16 points, but just one in the second half. The Spurs shot just 38 percent (27-of-70) and never led en route to its first loss at the new SBC Center.

17. RocksMillenium

The Blazers will do what they always do every season, self-destruct. They suck, they might beat the Rockets, but when push comes to shove they'll fall apart just like they do every year. They're frauds, a bunch of talent, no success. They could beat the Rockets by 40 points, they'll probably get pounded by the Cavs by 30 the next night . They're on the right track all right, the right track to collapsing.

#17 RocksMillenium, Nov 10, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2002
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Skizos strike. The NBA's #1 most baffling team is great or toilet ball bad, but never predictable.

Trade Bob might want to look into 'trading' Mo Cheeks (who deserves better) for the always baffling and of late always bumbling Geo Karl, the perfect fit for Whitless' misfits...

19. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I do believe this will be the Blazers year, I think Cheeks did a great job last year. And this year he is still on the right track with the team, I think the Mavs should get their 1st loss tonight.

20. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Good joke there. Did anyone on the Blazers shot above .500?? Nope. Go Rasheed monster number there. 5/21. Yep the Blazers sure showed the Mavs didn't they?

Blazers Suck.