1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets and Magic working on a TRADE:

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Francis3, Jan 31, 2000.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

DENVER -- The Denver Nuggets will trade future free agents Chauncey Billups, Ron Mercer and Johnny Taylor to the Orlando Magic for guard Tariq Abdul-Wahad, Chris Gatling, about $1 million and a first-round pick, the Denver Post is reporting on Monday night.

ESPN's David Aldridge said the trade is being discussed but is not yet a done deal, although it could be completed by Tuesday. The Magic are still negotiating for a return pick from the Nuggets.

WOW IF THIS DOES HAPPEN IT WILL BE AMAZING. The magic i thought liked wahad but i guess they are letting him go. The nuggets get something good because mercer was not going to sign anyway.

But now the magic get stronger. Mercer is a very good player and will help alot.

[This message has been edited by Francis3 (edited January 31, 2000).]

2. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

The thing is, Mercer is just an added bonus. From Orlando's standpoint, they lose Gatling's hefty salary, and now have even more space to sign a big name in the off-season. I am suprised with Wahad's departure though, he was fitting in, and was their only consistent offensive threat outside of Armstrong. I guess they needed him to balance the trade.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.

3. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I think this is a very good trade for Denver. I for one is not that impress with Mercer, I think Wahad is a better SG for Denver. Getting Gatling will be another fire power off the bench. If Orlando is not just swapping 1st round picks with Denver, I think Denver pulled off a great trade.

Orlando got exactly what they want and I see no reason why they would want to resign Mercer. I don't think Mercer is the type of player that River likes.

Does anyone think Billups still have a future in this league? I haven't seen him play much.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

No Orlando pick this year for the rockets. No Orlando pick for Orlando this year. If FA doesn't help the Magic, the rockets get helped a lot by this trade.