1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nugget Blogger-Do the Rockets have the assets to acquire Carmelo?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Day

Day Member

Ok so Luol Deng and Gallinari can replace Carmelo but Martin can't?

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Wow... this blogger is dumb as ****. We are not trading any of those players for Melo straight up, but rather a collection of them for picks. What Denver is looking for are:

- Young talent - We have plenty of that in Brooks, Budinger, Hill, and Patterson
    - Expiring contracts - Battier and Jeffries both have nice sized EC's
    - Picks - Just ask the Knicks. The more they suck, they better the picks!

If the blogger thinks Denver is going to get anything remotely close to Melo back, he is smoking some serious stuff. You never get anything close to what you are giving up in a trade for a player of Melo's caliber. Sure other teams can offer better packages, but why would Melo go to a team that has to gut itself out of being competitive to afford him in the first place?

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why would he say we have no high draft picks when we have the right to swap picks with the Knicks this year and we're taking their pick outright next year? I mean, if he was completely ignorant that would be one thing, but he at least mentions our right to swap with the Knicks (though not the 2012 pick).

4. shoodomoney

shoodomoney Member

Everything I need to say has been said already. It's safe to say this blogger is an idiot.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good to see from a Nuggets fan's perspective.

Thanks for posting.

DD

6. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

fixed it for ya.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He says that in his opinion, the Knicks (as currently constructed) are a low seeded playoff team. If that's true, then their draft picks aren't as valuable as we might think.

8. worzel gummidge

A Melo to Houston trade isn't popular among Nuggets fans. They don't seem to like any of the prospective Rockets players they would get in return.

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Yeah most of them hate Martin. They believe he is a chucker and inefficient. They think he is just another version of JR Smith.

I hope their FO is not stupid in evaluating talent like their fans.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

eh. his opinion is dumb. he also claims kevin martin is grossly over-paid.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Seems kinda obvious that this Nuggets blogger feels a trade for Melo should center around one major asset in return, plus a couple throw in's and picks.

While the Rockets have lots of assets, none of them are 1st tier. We have bunches of 2nd and 3rd tier people (role players) to offer. But I really cant blame any Nuggets person for wanting at least one prize among the other assets they may get in return. From a Nuggets perspective, a healthy Yao is the only player on the Rockets team even in the same league as Melo. And while no sane person is going to expect a player back as good as Melo, its reasonable to seek out a low tier 1 player in return first, hoping the team can stay competitive. A lot of picks and role players means rebuild mode for the Nuggets. And as a fan, its means years in the lotto, at least for western conference teams.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

13. worzel gummidge

I don't want Martin traded. If there's a trade I'd rather Brooks went and they hate that idea even more.

14. DontTradeOswalt

Comparing Martin to Smith? Lmao, stopped reading right there

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The blogger is an idiot, first his analysis of each player is completely wrong, second we have the best assets to get this deal done.

16. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Our assets > Melo without assets

17. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I just read an article written by a 15 year old with the handle madness.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I think he is referring to the UNPROTECTED 2012 first rounder from Minnesota to which the Clippers own the rights. (Well, technically it is a top-10 protected 2011 first rounder that becomes unprotected in 2012 if not conveyed in 2011, but we all know that the T-Wolves will finish in the bottom 10 teams in the league next year).

As nice as those Knicks' picks are, they pale in comparison to the value of that 2012 pick owned by the Clippers.

This. The blogger makes some good points, but he clearly fails to account for the barrell over which Carmelo has that franchise right now.

Yeah. I don't understand why Nuggets fans wouldn't want Aaron Brooks simply because they already have Ty Lawson at the point. Frankly, Lawson strikes me as a very high quality backup PG on a playoff team, not as a starting PG. A Brooks/Lawson PG combo would be admittedly small but quite possibly very productive for Denver.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

You really think the Knicks are going to be THAT much better than the Wolves?

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

I stop reading after he compared Martin to J.R. Smith.

If he is not biased, he needs to get his head checked for real madness.