1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NPD - Xbox 360 sells 507,000 units!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xsatyr, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Ms is kicking ass in NA, also Infamous 2 sold more than any other game based off of individual sku's.

Hardware
    Xbox 360 - 507,000
    DS - 386,000
    PlayStation 3 - 276,000
    Wii - 273,000
    Nintendo 3DS - 134,000

Last month comparison:
    Xbox 360: 270,000
    PlayStation 3: 177,000
    Wii - 236,000
    Nintendo 3DS - 97,000

Microsoft PR:
    Halfway through 2011, Xbox 360 maintains its lead in the U.S. console market, selling more units in the U.S. than any other console for 12 of the past 13 months. Even while console and software sales across the industry have slowed, as often happens in the summer, Xbox 360 continues growing, staying on track to have the biggest year in Xbox history in the sixth year of its lifecycle.

Holding 48% share of the overall current-generation console market share, Xbox 360 sold 507,000 units in June, selling nearly twice as many units as other current-generation platforms and maintaining the number-one console spot in the U.S. for 2011. Additionally, Xbox 360 was the only console in the U.S. to show year-over-year growth in the month of June. (Source: NPD Group, June 2011)
    Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in June (hardware, software and accessories) reached $350 million, the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, June 2011)
    During the month of June, three of the top ten console game titles were for Xbox 360 including: "L.A. Noire," "Duke Nukem Forever," and "Call of Duty: Black Ops." (Source: NPD Group, June 2011)

With the holiday season and major launches just around the corner, the second half of 2011 promises to make Xbox 360 history. The size of the Kinect games portfolio will triple by the end of the year and Xbox will bring new partnerships like UFC and Disney to the platform as well as blockbuster games, movies, music and TV together in one place. We expect Xbox 360 to maintain its lead and to be number one worldwide by the end of the year, selling more hardware units than PlayStation and Wii.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437311

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

507K is pretty impressive, especially considering the rest of the numbers.

Good for infamous 2. I really enjoyed the first game, I hope the second is just as good.

3. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Yeah I loved the first one, had to force myself to beat it bc it got repetitive. I am still hyped for Infamous 2 though, just waiting until I have time to play it.

4. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Aren't the numbers skewed because Microsoft is giving free 360s to anyone who buys a PC over 600 dollars?

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I think it is 700 but I would imagine it is. It has been selling more than the ps3 and wii the past year in NA though. PS3 makes up for it around the rest of the world but there are no definitive numbers to go by. It has been gaining since launch but is still over 3 million behind. Either way MS won the battle with Sony this gen, Sony lost a lot of market share. Nintendo... well I don't have to say anything about their success.

6. what

what Member

The Wii is still the king, Microsoft fanboy.

7. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Really fanboy??? I just gave props to the Wii on their success this gen and my psn is xsatyr, why you mad brah?

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

happy for InFamous 2, those guys deserve it. i own one myself

also, nice flamebait thread?

9. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Are people that sensitive about their console of choice? I gave props to MS bc those are monster numbers, they've been doing this all year with crappy software. Kinect looks like pure garbage and I have no desire to play those casual games. I mentioned my enjoyment for Infamous and how I am hyped for the second. I even gave props for Nintendo's pure domination this gen.

I did give a valid assesment how MS won the battle with Sony considering the lost of market share. That's a fact; read it on a snapple. Most people including myself did not see this coming. If anyone actually thinks this thread is flaimbait then maybe they're the fanboy.

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

11. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

NeoGAF is that-a-way, guys.

12. Dei

Dei Member

The Wii is still selling? How?

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Don't think much is wrong with this thread. Maybe could/should have thrown in the video game sales (those are way more interesting at this point). Oh and I hate the NPD group.

Good Infamous 2 numbers. I'll try to get around to playing it soon, so I can add to the total. Loved the first one.

14. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

It's a good kid friendly game console.

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Mine crapped out on me, I tried to survive without Tiger Woods, and couldn't.

16. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

FYI Kinect's a big reason why the 360 is getting a second wind these days (even if it does look like garbage).

17. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Yeah when I originally posted they were not released yet.

Software (New physical retail only, across all platforms including PC)
    01. L.A. Noire (360, PS3) Take 2 Interactive - 419,000
    02. Duke Nukem Forever (360, PS3, PC) Take 2 Interactive - 376,300
    03. Infamous 2 (PS3) Sony - 369,200
    04. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSP, PC) Disney Interactive Studios
    05. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) Nintendo - 280,000
    06. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC) Activision Blizzard
    07. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, PC) Take 2 Interactive
    08. Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3, 360) Warner Bros. Interactive
    09. Cars 2 (NDS, Wii, 360, PS3, PC) Disney Interactive Studios
    10. Just Dance 2 (Wii) Ubisoft

1 person likes this.
  18. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Yep and that is why the wii is actually starting to fall, the new fad is here. Kinect has already surpassed 10 million units sold in about seven months.

19. SunsRocketsfan

I have the Wii, PS3 and Xbox. No Krappy Kinnect...
    I just want to play good games . and right now all my favorites are on the PS3 with Infamous and Uncharted 3!! anyone playing the beta? The multiplayer is a blast :)

20. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Which ones were released later? I thought all got released before you posted.

They're time-stamped long before you posted I think (I thought I remembered seeing them at NeoGAF last night).

Guess EviLore gets to edit posts without the "last edited at __" note. Maybe he didn't edit in the software numbers into the OP until later (although not sure why he put in the PS3 numbers then).

Oh well, doesn't matter. They're posted now, and that's good.