1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nowitzki doesn't want Dwight Howard with Mavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden's beard, May 8, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He had no problem with him a couple of seasons ago and the only thing that has changed really is that his defensive impact is pretty much negative now. Dwight's never been a good offense player even in his prime (Which he should still be in) but even more so after the Lakers but again he had no problem with him then. So the logical conclusion is defense. I suppose you could disagree just to disagree but it doesn't make much sense.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Does Dwight have the ability to opt out yet?

What is he waiting for

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My bet is that Dwight has an injury, probably the knee, that he is not talking about due to his impending free agency. Whichever team pays this final year is getting a lemon. He can't get the lift he used to, and the dropoff in defensive metrics is palpable even if you can't see it based on rebound numbers or alley oop attempts.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Personally, I'm all about Dwight's offense sucking and he refuses to play defense sometimes. How is that "generous." Nowitzki could realize now that if Dwight isn't the focal-point of the offense, he'll whine and let his defense wane.

That is not a generous take. I think Dwight is a whiner, and perfectly capable of playing much more focused and consistent defense. I suppose you could disagree just to disagree, but it doesn't make much sense.

5. Asian Sensation

Sounds about right.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would never take anything Matt Mosley says as gospel. He's been known to throw mud against the walls to see what sticks. I had to quit listening to his show years ago for saying stuff that just wasn't true.

It may very well be true that Dirk doesn't want Dwight but it's more likely that Mosley assumes that's what Dirk wants and is reporting it as fact.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's generous because everyone knows Dwight's offense sucks but when you say he lacks defense now that's the real deal. Like I said he didn't have a problem with him a couple of years ago and the only thing that really changed about Dwight is his defense.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This^ I was thinking the same thing. It's also part of why I think he was a cancer this past year. He was injured couldnt do what he used to but kept insisting that he could and when he didn't get the ball he caused problems for the whole team by saying people had "agendas". Really they just recognized he had regressed and posting him up was not a good idea.

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/DM_Underdog">@DM_Underdog</a> yep</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/725721373235007488">April 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    MacMahon has been saying the same thing pretty adamantly. According to him, Parsons has been trying to convince the Mavs' braintrust along with Dirk that Dwight's their guy, but all of them have serious reservations. He also thinks part of the reason Dirk's so opposed to playing with Dwight is because he's heard negative stories about it from both Nash and Terry. I think Calvin Watkins has probably also heard this from MacMahon, which is why he didn't include Dallas on the list of favorite teams to land Dwight this summer.

10. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Really? I actually really enjoy Cowlishaw & Mosley. It's the only sports radio show where the hosts actually seem to be enjoying themselves and not taking themselves too seriously. Good sense of humor.

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He **** all over dirk last year in the playoffs

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I can't take them. Cowlishaw has no business on the radio, needs to stick to writing. Mosley is just awful. There is a reason they're on or the lowest rated sports talk shows in DFW.

13. PeppermintCandy

The thread title should be changed to Some Guy Believes Nowitzki Said That He Doesn't Want Dwight Howard With Mavs.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I know Mosley personally. Good friends in college. He's a top notch human being, and insanely funny.

15. Codeskye

Codeskye Member

So? Dirk shat on veryone including heatles in 2011 as alpha dog.

Talk to me if or when dwight ever wins a championship

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Mad mavs fan is mad

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I'd suggest it had more to do with his realization he wasn't going to be a Rocket next season (given we tried trading him and all the stories about him and James), so instead of leaving it all on the court, he saved himself.
    Can't see him risking his health when entering free agency.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He's not wrong though, lol.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dwight wasn't good for anything even when he tried. He was being paid to do a job, it shows what type of guy he is.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is counterintuitive. As an impending free agent you really do wanna "leave it all on the court", because that's what potential suitors look at to determine how big of a contract they will offer you.

What's on the court. That's what they look at it. Everything that you have left. On the court. In the figurative sense.