1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now Trump repeats claim he won popular vote...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 24, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He lies at a rate far greater than pretty much any other politician. In less than a week he's been busted for telling at least half a dozen lies that are able to be verified that he's lying. When Bill Clinton was lying about the whole Monica Lewinsky thing, he would be hard pressed to match Trump's output of lies.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The funny thing is the more blatant lies Trump tells, the more the media is forced to call him on it, and the more he can fall back on the old "The media is out to get me" stuff. I wonder if he's telling these whoppers for that purpose? If it actually works out for him, the guy is a real genius when it comes to public manipulation.

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Maybe, but he's also creating self-inflicted wounds.

He could be gaining attention for fulfilling campaign promises with the executive orders he's issuing, but that gets overshadowed because of all his petty lies, about things that are easily verifiable. He didn't have to have the mess. He could actually be getting press, that to his followers, would be positive. Instead he's lied and has to try and cover it with statements like #AlternativeFacts. It happens again and again with this guy.

Why not take the coverage for things that he's doing that fulfill his promises, and then lash out at the media should they say stuff about that.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

FB,
    This is an intentional, Bannon-led recalibration of public discourse. It is a war room approach, where normal discourse, the media, and often even the factual truth, are the enemy. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. It will take some spine from politicians like Ryan (not likely) and clear eyes from a broad swath of our citizens (if our BBS is any indication, also not that likely.)

They are taking lessons from the distant past deeply to heart, it seems. This is rolling out much worse than I expected. I hope they don't stay on such a path, b/c my worst expectations included very bad things for the country, including all out war and martial law.

Well, good luck y'all. You can't read It Can't Happen Here b/c it's sold out nationwide. Hahahahaha! ... ha.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You might be right that it's an intentional approach. But even if it is, it seems strange to start off by by inflicting such a wound on themselves. I think there is little doubt the media will say things about Trump based on the many actions he's taking. Why not use those to launch the war room approach. At least then, they would look like they are going to war with the media (which would be popular), but going to war with them over a stance on the issue that Trump is supposed to care about. It seems like that would garner more support from his followers.

Now, even his followers are having to make excuses for his lies. "Yeah, he lies, but all politicians do." "I like what he's doing, but wish he wouldn't be worried and the trivial ________ that he keeps bringing up."

So when it starts out with that kind of distrust, it seems their war room standing is weaker than it would be otherwise.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If he won the presidential election while millions of illegals voted, that would make him an illegitimate president. There is no way to prove that those "fake voters" voted for clinton. The math goes both ways, there is no way to disprove that either. Trump is just not a very smart man.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Lying and pushing false narratives to try and prove his supremacy.

Sound familiar?

That's extremely dangerous when it comes to dealing with foreign policy.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I agree with Donald. This election was rife with fraud.

Clearly we need to have another Presidential election ASAP.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So your defense is that, sometimes, he doesn't lie. He doesn't literally lie "all the time".

Trump is who we thought he was. He's willing to say virtually anything that makes him look good, facts be damned, because he knows his supporters don't care.

"But all politicians lie". You're right, depending on how broadly you want to define "lie". All politicians spin the truth to suit their political needs, in particular on issues where there's different ways of looking at and interpreting the facts of the matter. Trump is just FAR more loose with the facts than anyone else I can recall in recent memory.

joshuaao and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You sound like one of those holier than thou types who's afraid to admit to bragging about assaulting women. Not sure you can be trusted.

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Trump is a textbook case of Narcissistic personality disorder (look at the DSM 5 and try to prove me otherwise). He will continue to do things like this. He can't help himself.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

In other words, Trump, caught in his lie and challenged to provide evidence that he claimed to already have, will now waste US tax dollars to find any evidence to support his lie.

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

How does he plan to do that I wonder.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His claims of voter fraud might be setting up his refusal to leave office when he loses in 2020.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

#alternativefacts

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

there is no defense here it's the truth. it is a lie to claim that trump only lies like DD has done repeatedly.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you paid by Trump?

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

no but I made some gains on my 401k stocks over the last few weeks ;)

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This guy doesn't lose. And people are starting to distance themselves from the loony left. Trump wins in a landslide next time