1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now Trump repeats claim he won popular vote...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 24, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Liar.

DD

2. Nook

Nook Member

The President has "said a lot of words over the last few days"... way to really stretch your brain power.

According to you, now the standard he should be held to is that not every single thought that has flown out of his pie hole is "stupid", so who cares?

He has been President for days and he already has claimed the US Presidential election fraud with over 3,000,000 falsely cast ballots... calling into question the basic sanctity of democracy in the US. All because he either is so thin skinned he cannot accept reality OR because he believes to keep his core motivated, he has to make it an US against THEM scenario splintering the USA. Either way, it is extremely reckless and not in the best interest of the USA. Name a prior US Preesident that would make such a claim in the last 150 years. There are none.

DudeWah likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough kiddo, if you can't do any better than being an overly emotional child in here, I'll just put you on ignore so you can feel free to derp up the thread as much as you like without me having to see it.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You're trying to rip the context from the discussion, in an effort, for some reason, to align yourself with Trump, who you claimed to vehemently dislike for the entirety of this election season. Sure; we have instances of people ATTEMPTING to commit voter fraud. I guess there could conceivably be cases of people pulling it off.

But that's not the point I'm disputing. There is no evidence to suggest, as our president is claiming, that three million people just got away with it.

Having elected a sociopath to the oval office, I was hoping it would, at the very least, help us find some common ground across the isle in reaction to what was sure to be an endless series of staggeringly bad decisions. And sure enough, he's been in office three days and he's already provided a bounty of things you'd think would be layups in terms of bipartisan agreement. Instead, we have an entire party rushing to defend things that are a) irrelevant; b) untrue.

It's disappointing, honestly.

If three million people voted illegally, it is one of the biggest political scandals in our country's history - ESPECIALLY if it was any way, shape or form organized and/or funded by operatives from either of our political parties. You want to talk about naive...

DudeWah likes this.
  5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not true, Trump's own party attacked him and distance themselves from him the whole election cycle. Trump has been president for a few days and has already said a bunch of stupid things. Clinton would have been more polished and intelligent.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: o_O

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Reading comprehension people.....get better at it if you want to try to hold a conversation online. I refer you back to my very first reply....hell I'll even bold the relevant portion to help you out.

Are you following now?

I think that's just your political bias showing. Both Hillary and Trump are national embarrassments. A Hillary presidency would have been every bit as bad.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I have read your first and all your follow up posts, they are apathetic and short sighted. The idea that the current President of the United States is openly claiming voter fraud of over 3,000,000 ballots IS a big deal and seriously causes into question the validity of any election results in the United States. If you fail to see the significance of it, then you are willfully ignorant. Four years from now, if Trump loses, do you think everyone is going to be as accepting of the outcome and transition of power if the President has been on record claiming widespread voter fraud in the 2016 election? The confidence and respect of the voting process and results is of huge importance when it comes to have a citizenry that respects election results and the system as a whole.

But it doesn't matter right? Get your head out of your ass and look at the situation from a larger perspective.

AkeemTheDreem86 and DudeWah like this.
  9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you're out of your ******* mind if you think it "isn't risky" to commit voter fraud, particularly on a mass scale. and just because the president is elected on an electoral system and sure as hell doesn't mean the popular vote is meaningless... you know, will of the people and all.

DudeWah likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping this is intentionally ridiculous. Anyway, the point is, if you want to know for sure that the election results are valid, you institute voter ID laws in all of the states. At that point, there's no way to question the results.....but it'll still happen anyway because that's just what people do. I mean, we still have people thinking that Gore won the 2000 election. Those kinds of people don't really matter in the long run, and I see Trump's nonsense being no different. There could be some small truth to illegals voting, but as I've said from the start, there weren't 3 million of them.

11. Nook

Nook Member

He isn't a joke, he is potentially very dangerous. Look at the fallout from the increase in Presidential powers under Bush and Obama, lying about WMD; increasing governmental intrusion..... and consider that neither ever called into question election results or boldly labeled lies as "alternative facts".

Trump needs to be respected for the incredible damage he can do in only 4-8 years.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not as risky as credit card fraud or any other type of identity theft....as I've said from the start, and in a lot of states it's a lot easier to get away with than the other types. Also as I've said from the start, there sure as hell wasn't 3 million of them.

Also, yes, the national popular vote is completely and totally irrelevant. The vote of the states is what matters so the fact that one candidate runs up the score in California really doesn't matter. That's just the way it is, and it's the way it should be.

Read the words I type, not the words you wanted me to say so that you'd have a rebuttal.

13. Hey Now!

You're rationalizing his sociopathic behavior. I DOUBT three million people voted illegally - but we'll never know so it's a non-story....

First of all, we know: I know. You know. It didn't happen. The President of the United States is knowingly lying to the American people. This isn't typical political theater of dipping your hand in the truth pool and pulling out all the relevant facts that support your agenda/ideals. This is blatantly lying. Worse, it's a blatant lie that potentially puts lives at risk by continuing to vilify a group of people he's spent the past 12+ months vilifying.

I mean, you HATED Trump during the election, Bob. Prove to us that all your anti-Trump huffing and puffing wasn't just empty posturing. This is a layup. Otherwise, you render everything you said last year irrelevant and meaningless. Don't flaccidly pivot to to Hillary - she's not president so any fantasies about how she might govern have zero bearing.

He's needlessly lying.

AkeemTheDreem86, DudeWah and Nook like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We just went through 8 years of a president that outright lied just about every time he opened his mouth.....why is the president lying somehow a shock now?

My assumption is that most everything Trump says is going to be BS, acting like it's some big deal or somehow shocking is just weird. I mean, maybe the faux outrage angle would work better if it was a blatant lie about something more important like

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

is it irrelevant in how the president gets elected? sure. but it sure isn't irrelevant in the authority his or her decisions have and how effective he can govern.

16. Hey Now!

Voter fraud (involving federal candidates) is a federal crime; identity theft is not. Please stop equating the two.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, it's not relevant there either. The national popular vote is completely and totally irrelevant in every way. Now the Senate and House elections on the other hand, those matter, but that's not the national popular vote.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And it's a LOT easier to get away with in many states. I mean, we had a presidential candidate guilty of federal crimes and nothing happened. Not every federal crime is created equal.

19. Hey Now!

More deflection........

And are you even remotely aware that your example of our previous president outright lying for 8 years is a ONE MINUTE clip - let me repeat: it's a clip that lasts 61 seconds of a presidency that lasted roughly 252 million seconds - of him repeating the same "lie" over and over? Not just deflection but flaccid deflection, Bob. Do you want to take a break? Come back later?.... I know you can do better.

If, in 8 years (shudder) all we have of Trump lying is rooted in penis-measuring sideshows like crowd sizes and vote totals, I'll gladly print this entire thread out and eat it.

DudeWah likes this.
  20. Hey Now!

Challenge: try not to mention any other president or candidate in this thread... GO!

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.