1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now that you are used to the unis, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by garthomps, Jan 22, 2004.

Tags:
?

What do you think of the new unis?

1. Best in the league

67 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. exceeded my expectations

168 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. not bad, getting used to it

137 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. oh well, I guess we will have to live with it for 5 years

33 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. sorry WNBA, we took your design

21 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. huh?

5 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I like em...especially the road red ones..

they are distinctive..my only complaint was with the font..

sometimes when you are watching on a small screen and the shot is not close to the floor...you cant tell the difference between the 3 and 5 on Cat and SF's jerseys.

but other than that...I like em enough to want to buy a replica.
    I'm just waiting on them to come out with others besides the usual suspects...

I like getting jerseys with the secondary guys on them..

except for my old school red and gold Clyde jersey..
    I also have a Horry pajama jersey..

I wanted to get a Air Bull one...but I didnt like the pinstripes, and couldnt find one at the time.

I'm thinkin I want a Boki or Cat one when they come out with it..everyone and their brothers will have the Yao and SF one...and I dont like to go with the crowd.

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

It took some getting used to, but I like the jerseys. I hope they get a black alternate jersey with red stripes.

3. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

I voted exceeding expectations. I was indifferent when they first came out ("eh, sucked before, not much better now"), but seeing the team on TV actually playing in them has resulted in the jerseys growing on me.

Key reasons, I think are:
    1. red sticks out - you KNOW it's the Rockets if you catch a clip
    2. font is unique but isn't overwhelming (I think Phoenix is overstated, especially in their alternate PHX jerseys)

The cut is a little weird (like a blouse, as someone just said), but I haven't really heard anything bad from the players. I hope that means they like the cut and material. The Rox are the only team in the NBA using the new cloth, right?

The R logo on the shorts is a little weird and out of place. It makes me feel like they just had to personalize the bottoms and decided on the logo. The trim would be enough for me, but I'm not an award-winning costume designer.

In the end, they're not the best in the league because only the classics should get that designation: Lakers, Celtics. If you don't have to screw with your colors/logos for decades, you've got a winner.

4. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

did you want fries with that?

There was also the one to cater for the chinese community.

[​IMG]

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

as an aside there's a bunch of home and away nike swingman tops on ebay at the moment in both Steve and Yao....

picked myself a up an away Yao for $54

6. aries323

aries323 Member

my only problem with the jersey is that they are too bright and shiny. what the hell is up with that?:rolleyes:

7. Black Sheep

Black Sheep Member

They remind me of the Comets.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

well, i don't think they're the best in the league but the beat the living crap out of the pajamas. i HATED that jersey. i don't think there ever even came a time when i didn't think about how much i hated those uniforms at least once per game they played.

i like the sheen to these new uniforms. the font could be improved upon and the cut is a bit unusual but all in all i'm pleased with them. a third color could also be added and that might be an improvement but that's just nit picking. i actually like the red and gold jersey above. i don't care if it reminds people of mcdonalds. it's sharp. besides, we're giving out big mac's when the rockets top 100 points and win anyway! might as well roll with that theme. :D

as for the home jerseys, i wish they were the silver color of the away jersey's stripes rather than white. I think the silver with red red striping would look sharper. i find the white to be boring. i'm much more fond of the red uni's.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

While the "MickyDs" look would be unusual and probably not that bad in reality....It would look too much like McDonalds uniforms...and since I am not a fan of that company...it would not appeal to me.

I do agree with the silver as the home colors...the white ones are a little plain, maybe thats cause I dont like to wear white anyway.

the idea above about the alternate black jersey would be cool..Im one of those unhip people that likes wearing black..

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am glad someone started a topic on this. I was thinking about doing the same. Now that we have had time to let the uniforms soak in a bit, see them in action, see them in photos etc what do we think?

When I first saw them I thought they were decent. Not horrible, not awesome. They clearly were better than the pinstripe ones and I liked them better than our old McDonalds unis.

But as time went on this season I liked our uniforms more and more. I really like the shorts with the "R" logo on them. I liked the bengal stripes down the sides of the jerseys. I am still not sure about the FONT on the jersey itself and the size of the font but I think overall I am liking the uniforms more and more. They just seem right on the team.

I am pleased.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Can somebody explain to me exactly where the WNBA uniform comparisons came from? Is there a certain look that WNBA uniforms have, or is it just something somebody brought up to b**** about them? WNBA uniforms look like regular ole' uniforms to me...

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Still awful.

13. Toast

Toast Member

I voted "eh, I'm getting used to 'em" ...

I still wish we had the old school jersies from back in the championship days. I liked 'em!

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Yes! Big time. They need an accent color-- blue or silver.

15. eyeagainst

eyeagainst Contributing Member

I like the uniforms, completely different from everyone else

16. WyoRox

WyoRox Member

That's my only complaint but otherwise I have grown to love both the new logo and the uniforms.

17. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

When we get the black uni's next year they will be solid. I can picture Ming wearing black with red stripes around the arms and the red Rox logo... nice.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I like them. I would like some gold accents, though (old school). The fabric has a luster that I like.:)

19. ckahlich001

ckahlich001 Member

are you for real?!

black jersey with red? we'd strike terror everywhere we go. we'd look like satanists instead of communists.

20. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

In my mind the only real logo is the championship one.